Trump denies Russian meddling, admits Russian meddling

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jpietrzak8, Jun 22, 2017.

1. jpietrzak8
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

Donald Trump is tweeting again. This time he's denying that Russia helped him in the election, then he turns and uses Russia's help for him in the election as an attack on Obama:

Screenshot from 2017-06-22 09-37-49.png Screenshot from 2017-06-22 09-38-02.png

So, Mr. Trump: if there was no grand scheme between Trump & Russia, what exactly are you saying that the Obama Administration was supposed to stop?

This is Trump's problem. He can deny collusion all he wants (and I agree that there's very little chance that he colluded with Russia), but to then turn right around and use Russia's meddling in the election as a political attack? The man is just trying to shoot himself in the foot.

2. samcraig
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors P6

Oh - he's on a complete bender this morning. I guess he was too busy last night to tweet.

Screen Shot 2017-06-22 at 10.18.46 AM.png

3. jkcerda
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

Keyword was "IF" ,,,,,,,,,, try slowing down when you read.

4. Morpheo
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 65816

Morpheo

jpietrzak8 said " (and I agree that there's very little chance that he colluded with Russia)". Keep up goddamit! ;)

I think "Trump and Russia" may not be true. But "Trump administration and Russia" may be... That's why it's so fishy over at the WH right now - he may not have personnally colluded with Russia, IF there's collusion, but it would seem pretty strange that he was not aware of anything...

5. noekozz
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502a

noekozz

It's the same thing with Chris Christie, all his close aides got convicted yet he had "no knowledge". Whatever, the irony in all this is that if you or I were to be pulled over in a friend's car, and said friend had something illegal in the vehicle, then everyone is getting arrested. Trump isn't going anywhere anytime soon as I'm honestly getting sick of this Russian crap. The Democratic left is lost with no message, still looking for Hillary. Complete 180 from when Obama was in office and Republicans were doing the same thing.