Trump didn't mean wiretapping when he tweeted about wiretapping

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by bigjnyc, Mar 13, 2017.

1. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

2. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

This guy needs to explain in a little more detail what Trump means by 'wiretapping his phones'. If this does not mean listening in on phone calls perhaps he could explain what type of surveillance Trump was referring to?

I honestly don't know what else wiretapping is if it's not listening/recording a conversation.

Exactly scrap that, I want to see Trump explain it.

3. bigjnyc thread starter macrumors 603

bigjnyc

To make matters worse he specified the location. "Wire tapping trump tower" so I'm really perplexed

4. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Trump doesn't understand the words he uses it seems.

5. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

6. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

I'm tired of Trump apologists telling us what Trump really meant whenever he says something stupid. There is no Trump language that must be interpreted for the non Trump-speaking world.

Spicer also said that Trump always spoke the truth "unless he was joking," but who the el can ever tell when he's joking!

7. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

glad she lost...................... I mean LOCK him up :p

8. forcesteeler macrumors 6502

It does not matter what trump says, Just Cut ObamaCare and Give us our tax cuts for the rich!

9. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

FTFY. ;)

However, it's a good thing now that the Senate Judiciary Committee, let alone the entire Senate has called him out on it, relative to their holding public hearings on Russian intervention into the election, asking to put up or shut up.

Either way, this will cause erosion of the trust of his administration, let alone his presidency; he'll be screwed either way, as this is the first step on his way out.

BL.

10. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Exactly. Reverse engineering I call it. He or someone in the administration says something dumb, they huddle together and reverse engineer it to somehow mean something else and attempt to clean it up. Over and over and over again. No creditably at all.

I also hate when people say oh well, he's not a politician when excusing every dumb thing he does. Please. When does that excuse expire?

Apparently we are all supposed to read minds and know what they "really" meant.

11. samcraig macrumors P6

I loved when one of the reporters asked Spicer when/how to determine when Trump tweets what he means or when it's open to interpretation. Spicer had no real answer lol

12. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

He must have forgotten that he has the best words.

13. samcraig macrumors P6

He said he has them - but I don't think he said he uses them ;)

14. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

Trump just states whatever he feels like at any given time, then justifies it later. I would have a small amount of sympathy if this was a willful misinterpretation (something I abhor), but his nonsense is quite specific.

15. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Actually, he is right. This (his tweet) is McCarthyism.

BL.

16. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

IRONY

:D

17. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

I really wished I discovered that. It showed up on my Facebook feed and I was rolling on the floor when I read it. The web page's definition is a little more detailed. :eek:

18. citizenzen macrumors 65816

When you call someone a "sick" and "bad" person, that's impossible to simply brush off as a misinterpretation. Donald Trump is a menace to stability and peace. We will be lucky to get through the next four years with him as our leader.

19. HEK Suspended

HEK

Being a joke and a clown, Trump is always joking. See....makes it simple.

20. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Apparently, a microwave can be used to surveil you. It's in the program menu just between potatoes and popcorn.

21. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Hopefully the Judiciary Committee makes him testify under oath, odds are then he will either commit perjury if he sticks with it or bring to light some sort of investigation that the FBI was working on. It wouldn't surprise me to find out that there was a FISA Court order to get at least the metadata so they know who is being called from Trump Tower.

22. chown33 macrumors 604

The only thing mine has between potatoes and popcorn is "pot brownies".
    Which could explain a lot.

Wait, "pot roast" is in there, too. Meh, not explanatory. Delete.

23. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac