Trump Doubles Down (again) on attacking victims

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Oct 5, 2018.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

Appalling really. And we know every time he makes a statement like this - it's projection. Especially given the professionally produced signs at his rallies.

Screen Shot 2018-10-05 at 12.20.05 PM.png

2. Mousse macrumors 68010

Mousse

The only thing professionally made signs means is that there is/was a market for such. If there are enough people willing to protest something, someone's gonna make $$$ off 'em.

Rules of Acquisition #22: Wise men can hear profits in the wind.

3. tkermit macrumors 68040

tkermit

He is who he is. Anyone who still supports him should know exactly what they are supporting at this point

4. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Trump is such a d***. The man is loathsome.

5. profmatt macrumors 68000

profmatt

Er, is not the same true of the signs his supporters hold at his rallies?

6. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

That was precisely my reaction. Does he not know this, or does he not care?
    [​IMG]

7. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

Are the signs, like his cheap clothes, also made in China?

8. RootBeerMan, Oct 5, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2018

RootBeerMan macrumors 65816

RootBeerMan

Just goes to show that Trump knows nothing of the real world. I can pop over to Kinko's (or a similar business) and have a pro made sign in minutes for a few bucks. Much easier than making it myself. If I do it myself on their self serve computers I can even save a few bucks. He's in his own little dullard world.

9. stylinexpat macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

The only #Troublemaker is his tongue and mouth he speaks out of

10. Fugabutacus macrumors regular

How do any of his (non-racist) supporters look at Tweets like this and not recognise the basic building blocks of nazism? Insane.

11. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

You know how you see pictures of horrific events in the past with "bystanders" looking on as if its a free matinee? Yeah, same thing here.

12. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

To really understand Trump and his acolytes, it's worth understanding as Adam Serwer wrote in The Atlantic, "The Cruelty is the Point."

Consider how often Trump supporters yammer on about making "liberal's [sic] heads explode." In their nihilism is a central pressure to batter and abuse everyone else.

Now, there are liberals who are either aping this language, or who after the election seemed to hope that Trump's policies would flood and drown his supporters first, but that always struck me as vengeful reaction, akin to John Wick killing all those guys because they killed his dog and stole his car.

A conservative asked on Twitter how we could put this country back together, and from the responses, it's clear we're likely doomed. People ached for the removal of liberals from the country, for "crushing them" by closing down universities.

I'm good at being a cynic, but I'm increasingly uninterested in this country's future. It's a creaking, doomed, rusting empire that swings to orgies of cruelty: the murder of entire tribes, the brutalization along the borders, slavery followed by Jim Crow and habitual lynchings. And, there was a bit of sanity, but that's been corrupted and bought and slashed, and now we seem once again, the thing slouching towards Bethlehem.

13. bambooshots macrumors 65816

bambooshots

You have such a way with words.

3/10

14. velocityg4 macrumors 601

velocityg4

But it won't be written with glued macaroni and sparkly stars. Like one made from love.