Trump doubles down on his threat against women

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Oct 14, 2016.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

2. IronWaffle macrumors 6502

IronWaffle

I'm beginning to think this year we'll be re-branding "October Surprise" as "Friday Surprises."

Of the women who've come forward in the last few days, I found this one the most viscerally compelling. It's not to cast doubt on any of these accounts, but simply to state that I was moved by the level of detail and the emotional state as Summer Zervos reads her statement. (Source: The Hill)

Trump's defense on the stump today has a flippancy that cannot help dissuade others from coming forward. I think the global conspiracy is not only in his head but is something he is willing into existence. Self-fulfilling prophecy.

3. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

In other words, accuse him of **** he did not do to them and he'll not wrongly sue for libel?

Or will he make them magically disappear and not unlike a bowl of Trix cereal in front of a 6-year old?

(Obviously, if they have enough real proof, then Trump is sunk. If not, then it will look like a good digging manipulation. Having read enough articles of women accusing famous men of doing vile things - anyone else here hear of a chap named "Craig Charles"?? (okay, he's an actor in the UK but he still counts.) Falsely accused of gang rape and nothing happened to the person lying through her teeth and almost wrecking his life... )

The Atlantic often put out good articles. This time, it feels a little too polished and a little too loaded. Like how most tabloid outlets do.

But I surely will never date, not just due to the broken and biased divorced laws. Call a woman "beautiful" or even stretch out an arm nowhere near her body and if they think that is the most vile harassment just because of perception and paranoia on their part... what's left of society really will go downhill as these issues become the norm for everybody and ask around, men are not happy because of the special rights women get in divorce hearings or how they are believed without having evidence...

4. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Allred is a master. Held during a Trump rally and all the cable networks cut away from Trump. Reports are he's furious.

6. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

I wouldn't mention 6 year olds if I were you. Don't wanna give him any ideas.

7. DrewDaHilp1, Oct 14, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2016

DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Allred was a democrat delegate, nothing politics at all. Not to mention Leeds is already being rebuked by a witness who says she threw herself at Trump. I'll come back with link in a few.

I had the accuser wrong it was Leeds not Summers.

8. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Well off course.. Because his 4 minute press conference didn't have remotely the same impact.

In the linked article about the latest victim to come forward I found this eyerolling

“That is not who I am as a person, and it is not how I’ve conducted my life,” Trump said

9. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Trump is going to get rolled by the liberal media. It's over bud. Enjoy 4 more years of getting nothing done.

10. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Better than what Trump could and would do

11. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Trump was a dem before he was a republican, I imagine he could have worked some deals out especially since he doesn't know what the hell he is talking about most of the time.

12. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Trump was a Republican before he was a Democrat.

BL.

13. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

He swings both ways.

:D

14. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Yes, apparently. Young women and underage women.

15. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

16. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

thats how you get screwed not doing the screwing.

17. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Are you saying if you're gonna play it's better to be a top than a bottom?

18. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

If some woman falsely accused me of misconduct I'd go after them as well.

19. APlotdevice, Oct 14, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2016

APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Trump was a Democrat only between the years of 2001-2009. I imagine he changed parties only to give himself the option to run in 2004. It's not like Trump is actually running for a particular platform; Trump runs for Trump.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 14, 2016 ---
    If someone uncovered yet another chapter of my misconduct, I'd want to discredit them as well.

20. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Is there any evidence or is it just "he said/she said".

21. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

I doubt he has enough to swing either way.

22. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Trump is crying at his speeches about having his character assassinated. First - you'd have to have character. Second - what a hypocrite given that it's how he won the primaries. And how he's gone after Hillary. Note - I am not defending Hillary. I am saying that he's made it a point to make character assassination a strategy.

23. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Tangible? No more than there is for Bill Clinton. There is however plenty of character evidence against Trump. Much of it coming from his own mouth.

24. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I love how the Dems ignore clintons acusers and the repubs ignore Trumps.

25. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Clinton at least has enough brain power to hide his sleaze. Trump brags about it, and people still defend him.