Trump doubles down on tirade

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Jul 1, 2017.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

He's just a complete embarrassment. And I imagine he thinks this latest tweet is actually a compliment.

Screen Shot 2017-07-01 at 9.49.09 AM.png

2. zin macrumors 6502

Well, he's not wrong on that one. Of course the NBC suits control the agenda.

3. samcraig, Jul 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2017

samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

I don't give a crap if he's right or wrong. Tweeting this garbage is inappropriate. He's the President of the United States.

4. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Mika was right. He's mentally unbalanced. And that's being polite.

5. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

If that were the case, every host would sound the same. But they don't. And they even hired Hugh Hewitt of all people.

6. appleisking macrumors 6502a

Secret Service should give him a phone without smart phone features. He has no business tweeting at all.

7. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

This reminds me of a discussion that my husband and I were having last night. Wasn't there a big stink about Obama having to change phones because his was not secure enough? How in the world has the same thing not been an issue for Trump?

8. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

I have mixed feelings. I think he's his own worst enemy and his tweets will eventually sink him. So while I find what he tweets incredible (not it a good way) I'm just hoping the next one is the one that is his undoing.

9. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Iirc, Obama didn't want to give up his black berry. Maybe trumps phone is secure. It's just the user who is the problem.

10. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I doubt his phone is secure.

11. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

He had an old unpatched Samsung galaxy.

12. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Well we know he's extremely insecure

13. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

Not a problem! Trump himself has stated that he has the "absolute right" to share and make public any and all classified information whenever he wants to.

Therefore, by definition, Donald Trump's phone cannot be a security problem.

14. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

This is what happens when you conspire with unscrupulous people, the chickens eventually come home to roost. Mika and Joe used their platform to package and sell Donald Trump to the American people knowing full well what kind of a man he is. Keep in mind, they were attending private events together with Trump and being all cosy with him well after the disgusting revelations came out of his presidential campaign.

15. zin macrumors 6502

Cable news is controlled by six large corporations. The opinion hosts are just there to give you the illusion of diversity of opinion. Check the other thread on the statistics of negative coverage for the numbers. Check the WikiLeaks releases showing the DNC crying to the executives of these companies, demanding they cease coverage. See the recent CNN videos of numerous employees saying Jeff Zucker tells people to cover the Russia thing like no tomorrow because of the ratings. See the recent story on Greta being fired for not being anti-Trump enough.

Mainstream media is pathetic, especially cable news.

16. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

I'll make this clearer for you. The President of the United States should not be tweeting this garbage. Go look at the tweets of your leaders and then imagine this crap constantly coming from them. And then imagine forum members on this side of the pond normalizing, validating, etc their behavior. I can't speak for others but I find it somewhat offensive.

17. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

And football players complain to the referee all the time...

18. zin macrumors 6502

Our leader doesn't tweet. Her PR team does it for her, with every tweet going through a carefully scripted propaganda machine.

19. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

And you just proved my point. Thanks.

20. zin macrumors 6502

Sorry, but I don't think PR-curated ******** is any better than Trump's Morning Joe tweet.

I think most of Trump's tweets are fine. The Morning Joe tweet was very bad, as I have already stated, but I think his Twitter gives a valuable insight into his opinions on many different topics. It's a way to get out a message without using the mainstream media as the middleman. Sometimes it's the wrong message, but most of the time if I didn't know any better, it'd be hard to mistake his twitter for that of any other American. He isn't a robot and people elected somebody they knew fought back. They knew what they were getting.

21. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Trump is the propaganda machine and so is his PR team. You can't divorce his insane tweets from the rest. He's the leader of this country and behaves like a toddler. There's no argument here. There's no excuse.

22. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

At least he's the mentally youngest president the US have ever had! :D Of course, there's a certain age where "mentally youngest" is an advantage, and when you overshoot that age by 30-40 years it just becomes sad...

23. IronWaffle macrumors 6502

IronWaffle

Not only is this pathetic and "sad" but it serves as a shiny, jingling distraction from things like the "lose-lose" of Healthcare that went nowhere, that if it hadn't stalled may have set a new record with 32 million estimated to lose opt out of health coverage. We're also not discussing his reversal to repeal and worry about replacing later (when he read that Tweet, McConnell's heartbeat must've almost as fast as a normal human being for a second).

It also makes the case that 71% of people in a Fox poll think Trumptweets hurt his agenda (Detailed poll results here). Then again, according to today's 538 (day 162), Mr. Trump's disapproval rating among voters has dipped slightly in the last week, with only 52.9% disapproving. If their numbers are to be believed than in the last several days 0.4% people who did disapprove are now feeling a bit better about our hombre-in-chief.

It's also got people not opining and publicly speculating about ongoing behind-the-scenes testimony, recent coverage in Murdock's own The Wall Street Journal that sheds potential light on Flynn being connected to Russian e-mail hunting during the campaign, which if true could be a notable footnote in a collusion case.

Instead, we're relitigating what an unrelentingly boorish, repugnant, piggish, throwback this petulant, angry snowflake is. Throw in the House-of-Cards-meets-Days-of-Our-Lives National Enquirer and we have great, trashy non-fiction beach reading for the three-day weekend. Of course, with that holiday weekend upon us, these news cycles don't matter and Trump's latest escapade will make for more entertainingly prurient arguments over the grill, too. Just remember, whoever is nearest the flame, holds the sharp BBQ implements and/or who has the lighter fluid and match wins the argument so think before you denounce your opposition!

24. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I don't remember them selling Trump. Now Joe was pro Trump at some point, before he came to his senses and started calling him a liar.

25. vrDrew macrumors 65816

The problem is that foreign Governments, including many that may be hostile to the United States, may take action based on Trump's Tweets.

There is a reason that most Presidential communications are carefully scripted and checked: To prevent misunderstandings, and to avoid giving mixed or incorrect signals on various issues. Trump's rage-Tweets are the polar opposite of that.

The other issue is that it betrays a shocking misuse of the President's priorities. What do these Tweets tell the American people, and the rest of the world, about what is on the President's mind?

Do they show us a President deeply concerned about restoring middle-class job prospects? About helping US companies compete on a global scale? Do they show him carefully monitoring the situation in the Persian Gulf or South China Sea?

No. They do not. They show a 70 year-old man who is deeply insecure about what a couple of TV talk show hosts say about him.

The Russians and the Chinese are laughing their asses off. God only knows what ISIS thinks, but trust me: They aren't any more impressed with Trump's Twitter skills than you are.