Trump doubles down on victim shaming

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Feb 10, 2018.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

So much wrong here. For example, someone explain why it would matter if the allegations are new or old. But you know, no one has more respect for women....
    Screenshot_20180210-112849.jpg

2. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

If there were due process Trump would be sitting in a prison right now and his 16 accusers would have some justice.

3. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Exactly. This, exactly.

4. FrancoisC macrumors 6502a

FrancoisC

As much as I hate the guy, I see no victim shaming here. It’s 100% true that some allegations are true and some false, and he is also right about the due process and the recovery part.

On the recovery thing, more than one time have people lost everything due to false accusations, and when they were cleared of everything were the media as vocal about it as when they were first accused?

5. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

On one side I do agree, if we look at how Billy Bush was completely ostracized from the industry for just being on the bus while Trump said what he said and then went on to become president, the double standard is mind blowing. Everyone is accountable, unless they're Donald Trump.

6. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

First of all, false accusations are so minimal in comparison to unreported. Also coming from a guy who accused five innocent black teens of the central park murder and called for their executions, a guy who denied the validity of our first black president for eight years, the guy who spent his entire campaign promoting horrific, baseless allegations against Hillary Clinton and calling for her imprisonment as a form of “entertainment”… He should keep quiet.

7. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

I would respect Trump more if he admitted he was a misogynistic racist sexual assaulter instead of doing everything to prove it without saying it.

This is the leader of the evangelical religious party, mind you. This guy doesn’t know the word pew at all, he thinks it’s a phrase he says after one of his Diet Coke farts.

8. zin macrumors 6502

Your title is a load of nonsense in relation to his tweet.

9. RedKite macrumors regular

RedKite

One thing I don’t understand one bit is why American Nazi members are being elected, why DJT ‘s team include men that attault their wives, why DJT voters are driving their cars into leftists.... and he still supports them all. I don’t care much for politics but I fully believe anyone that supports DJT or the GOP in this day and age are irredeemably evil. I’m sorry but it needs to be said as it’s what a lot of us are thinking and we should not shy away from speaking the truth.... I feel like I should apologize for holding only the worst thoughts and wishes for DJT supporters. I just see them as disgusting enablers.... and hypocritical in their own beliefs.

Some things just need to be said.

10. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Of course we have to be weary of witch-hunts and everybody is innocent until proven guilty. That being said, the reason why mere allegations are causing so much trouble is because they are so plausible. Mr. I-just-grab-women's-p******-without-their-permission should understand that.

11. TiggrToo macrumors 6502a

TiggrToo

But wait, wasn't this the man who told us that Hillary should be placed in jail (without following due process) and that (without any proof) Barak Obama was not an American....?

Surely he's not being, well, you know, hypocritical? :eek:

/s

12. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Life is much simpler once you accept the fact that Donald Trump is, by a considerable margin, the absolute worst human being ever elected to high office in the United States.

It's no good kidding yourself that he's going to "grow into the job." Don't delude yourself that John Kelly or Jim Mattis (or anyone else) is going to make him more Presidential. And forget about Congressional Republicans making the slightest effort to restrain or rebuke Trump from making stupid, ignorant, downright hateful statements.

Trump is poison. He is a deeply unpleasant, selfish, ignorant, and boorish old man. God only knows why millions of our fellow countrymen fell for his line of garbage, but they did.

Trump is also going to be spitting his vile poison in the face of humanity for at least the next three years. Stop kidding yourself that Republicans, or Congress, or Robert Mueller, or God himself are somehow going to strike Trump down. It's not going to happen. We're stuck with this jackass. The best you can hope for his that at some point he's going to do or say something that's going to give the people who voted for him pause. Maybe reconsider their decision-making process the next time they go to the polls. What that "something" might be, I can't tell you.

Think of Trump like an embarrassing, painful, but ultimately non-fatal disease. It probably won't kill you, but left untreated the most unpleasant symptoms will inevitably ease up after a certain number of months.

That is Donald Trump. A man who deserves some sort of prize for being 100% wrong on pretty much everything.

13. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

This would be wrong. Context matters. This is directly in response of people in his administration being accused. He associates with a lot of sexual and physical abusers. You can tell a lot about a person by the company they keep.

14. 0007776 Suspended

Is Trump evil? Yes
    Is he being hypocritical here? Yes
    Is what he says here true for once? Also yes.

The left’s problem that will drive people away from them is they are too busy attacking the hypocrisy to even be willing to discuss ways of solving real issues if they happen to be brought up by someone who is a complete hypocrite. They are acting like the Republicans did with Obama, and unfortunately for them most all of the voters that like those tactics are already committed republicans who aren’t likely to switch parties.

15. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Agreed here, as a Democrat I get Trump is an easy target, even many Republicans think so but we have to do more than just attack him. Historically speaking (and with Trump's gifts) Republicans will likely hand things over in the midterms but if so, what will Dems do with it? I'm all for making some concessions and meeting in the middle on key issues, Bill Clinton and Newt Gingrich managed it and we know that because both sides didn't like it. In the end we each need to bend a little and with this toxic environment it doesn't look like either side is willing.

16. zin macrumors 6502

Well, you've already decided they're guilty, so not much point discussing it with you.

17. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

A friendly reminder that just a few posts down in the PRSI forum resides a thread titled "Dem's attempted treason thwarted by Trump's decisive leadership" so yeah...

18. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Where did I decide that? Not in my thread title. Not in my post. I don't blame you for not wanting to discuss this with me since we've already established I won't engage with you over your straw man arguments.

19. zin macrumors 6502

20. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

Right, but he does associate with those abusers, in fact he embraces them. That's not fake or made up, it's all well known.

21. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

I don't see your point. There are a lot of people he hangs out with that are known sexual predators/sexual assaulters and physical abusers. He, is someone who has sexually assaulted women. So again - I see no issue you might have.

22. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

Exactly. If guilty right? The way America is becoming is guilty till proven innocent. Just because we don’t like someone or agree with the person, doesn’t make them guilty.

23. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

Well, it appears as if the opposite is true. Many of those who have lost everything were accused of far less than Trump and none of them were proven guilty either. By any measure it's a double standard.

24. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

My grandfather's generation didn't seem to have as much a problem with smacking their wives around. I think it used to be normal.

25. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Well Trump is guilty... has nothing to do with whether I agree with his politics or not...