Trump encourages police to rough up suspects when arrested

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Rogifan, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

2. noekozz, Jul 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2017

noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

Why stop there, we should just do to them like the do out in the middle east and pebble them to death. This guy is a disgrace, but I'm not surprised. Whenever he feels cornered and crap hits the fan, he holds one of his rallies so he could feel good about himself. At the end of the day, the man basks in praise, he loves it, and his base gives it to him.

3. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

we are far more civilized here, heard of water boarding???

4. Rogifan thread starter macrumors P6

Rogifan

Oh and apparently Trump told a story about an unnamed man from Chicago who told him Chicago’s crime problem could be solved in a couple days. I wonder if it’s the same imaginary friend named Jim who told him how awful Paris is.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 28, 2017 ---
    If only we could waterboard Trump.

5. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

Trump has his laser pointer out again, I see. Lol

6. LordVic macrumors 601

nah

Just bring about the Judge's program.

Judge Trump. Judge, Jury and executioner.... he even gets to yell "I AM THE LAW!" after every sentencing is carried out!

7. Rogifan thread starter macrumors P6

Rogifan

Here’s video of the comments. Now we know what Ted Cruz meant by New York values.

https://twitter.com/mattgertz/status/891005850420224001

Btw, it wasn’t a jobs message that won Trump the election, it was this. Go back and watch his convention speech. No optimistic message, just very dark and wanting people to be afraid, especially of anyone that doesn’t look like them.

8. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

pretty much every time he tweets....... :p

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

What a violent weirdo that guy is.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 29, 2017 ---
    Yes! I noticed that too. It was a really negative campaign, but it was aimed at those angry, negative people that hate immigrants, "the gays", "the blacks" etc. Those people want to hear someone finally doing something about those groups. Did you see the people that attended his rallies? There's more culture on this chair I'm sat on.

10. fitshaced macrumors 68000

fitshaced

Are there many minority's on his staff?

11. mac_in_tosh macrumors regular

mac_in_tosh

Just like it would be easy to fix health care and all the "day one" things he was going to do.

And I thought Trump doesn't like unnamed sources.

12. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

Yeah, because police acting rough always works out well for the taxpayers.

http://policestatedaily.com/much-taxpayers-pay-police-misconduct/

I wonder if there's a more recent incident we could look at to get idea of how awesome it is for the police to be a little more 'aggressive'?

http://www.theroot.com/unlawful-detention-and-tasing-claim-on-behalf-of-black-1797318170

But hey, it's only taxpayer money! 45 spent more than most cities traveling back & forth to FL every weekend and everyone was cool with that right? Bust some heads! It's only money!

Snark aside, let's be honest, we know what this is really about. It's more subtle dogwhistle action, because there's an assumption who the police will be roughing up. 'Bad dudes'. If you've been paying attention lately though, it isn't hard to be 'mistaken' for a bad dude. Genetically speaking that is...:mad:

There weren't many to start with. The few that are still around have been faded to the background because that optic has been played, and 45 needs to move on to new things evidently.

http://www.theroot.com/what-happened-to-trumps-favorite-blacks-1797277506

13. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

as usual trump makes America an embarrassment again. all over the world except in russia they condemned trump words.

14. arkitect macrumors 603

arkitect

I think Duterte and Trump are mutual fans as well…
    Yikes.

15. AngerDanger macrumors 68040

AngerDanger

Alternate thread title: Donald Trump Tries (and Fails) to Remember Seinfeld's Police Brutality Routine

16. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

No sorry. That makes no sense. Why would Trump want to cost the taxpayers money with such lawsuits, and go golfing every weekend, yet also not want to pay for transgender medical costs in the military - on financial reasons.

Surely Trumps followers are also confused by his actions too. Should taxpayers money be spent wisely or frivolously?

17. vrDrew macrumors 65816

When the police come to take Trump and his son off to jail, I wonder if they'll remember his words? I mean, if it's OK to bash in the skull of someone suspected of gang violence, I guess it's OK for someone suspected of selling out their own country.

On a brighter note, the Suffolk County Police Department responded to Trump's inflammatory idiocy via Twitter:

and

Some folks will remember, of course, that a former Suffolk County police Chief is currently serving almost four years in prison for beating a suspect.

Last note: Trump's encouragement of illegal police violence was met with widespread cheering from many of the officers present.

I try, very hard, to be supportive of law enforcement in this country. I understand it is a difficult, and sometimes dangerous job. I know the vast majority of officers conduct themselves in a lawful and professional manner.

But cops, as a profession, need to address whatever it is they've got going on. So that not so many unarmed and often innocent Americans die at the hands of cops. Cheering a politician's call to "rough up" suspects? Not cool. Ever.

18. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

In all honesty, the taxpayer angle is just something that some people will care more about than the people being roughed up. 45 & the Republican Congress has never shown in interest in saving money for any taxpayer that isn't in the same financial bracket as they are. Like I said it was all back to the dogwhistle he did on the campaign. All inner cities are hellish landscapes that only severe strong law enforcement can fix.

19. jerwin, Jul 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2017

jerwin macrumors 68000

One "solution" to that problem is to immunize the security apparatus of the state against pesky lawsuits. Of course, this will exacerbate other, more serious problems in our society, but Trumpeters don't really care about that.

20. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

It's pretty much immune already.

21. eatrains macrumors regular

The cops who cheered should be fired. What a disgrace.

22. mac_in_tosh macrumors regular

mac_in_tosh

I'm wondering what it will take to get Trump supporters to finally turn the corner on him. He goes before 12-18 year old Boy Scouts and talks about orgies on yachts, not forgetting to mention the Electoral College map. Then he gives a talk in front of police officers advocating roughing up suspects. Of course, we can add lying about almost everything and the chaotic White House under his incompetent management.

23. fitshaced macrumors 68000

fitshaced

I think his supporters will need to see their own quality of life suffer before they seen it. Of course the fact that their quality of life will not improve as promised will not register with them. They'll just enjoy the soap opera in Washington.

24. vrDrew macrumors 65816

I will say that I am gladdened by the near-universal condemnation of Trump's remarks from law-enforcement rank and file around the country. Both Police Departments and individual officers have publicly condemned them:

Ben Tobias, a spokesman for the Gainesville, Florida Police Department, on Twitter:

I applaud and admire officers like Tobias who have the courage and strength of character to publicly speak out against illegal police brutality.

25. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

Indeed. I can't stress enough how important it is to hear from various police that they don't condone what was said. Especially in these times where tensions are high between the police and some communities.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slat...contradicts_trump_says_it_won_t_tolerate.html

What I think quite a few don't realize is that some of the crap that 45 spews empowers some of the hate & divisiveness they want to blame on others. There are some bad persons in working in the police, like anywhere else. Unlike anywhere else though, bad persons in the police can be a frightening thing.

http://www.theroot.com/another-day-another-video-showing-black-people-being-h-1797310589

The story here is rather long & disgusting. Just take away from this that this is the second case of police abuse I could easily find to post here. That alone should be disturbing, and make one cringe at 45's casual forays into divisiveness.