Trump Endorses Moore - Better a Sexual Predator Than a Democrat

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by ericgtr12, Dec 4, 2017.

1. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

In a rant that only a partisan troll would post...

More from CNN

2. samcraig macrumors P6

Yes. Easier to support a sexual predator than work across the aisle.
    Also he's wrong - Moore's opponent, Jones, is very tough on crime.

3. VulchR, Dec 4, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2017

VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Sorry, but when I first read this, I thought the thread title was 'Trump endorses Moore as a better sexual predator than a Democrat'. My mistake...

4. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

...lying, conman partisan, did I fool you? troll.

5. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

The thread title should read as “alleged sexual predator,” since the allegations have not been proven.

6. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

Do tell how they will ever be proven. Were the allegations against Bill Clinton proven? I believe those women but were they proven?
    --- Post Merged, Dec 4, 2017 ---
    Just because you don’t vote for Moore doesn’t mean you have to support Jones. Only Democrats think Republicans should have to vote for the other party.

7. samcraig macrumors P6

Not sure I get what you mean so I'll clarify.
    He stated Jones wasn't tough on crime (previously). It's not factual.
    When I said working across the aisle - I mean - he's stating that he needs a Republican to get elected to get what he wants done. As opposed to actually trying to work more/better with Democrats to help get things done. In fact - he does a lot to alienate Democrats.
    But I agree - as long as Moore doesn't get the votes.
    If what you want to assert is true - why is Trump supporting someone other than Moore?

8. oneMadRssn macrumors 601

oneMadRssn

We're talking about sending Moore to congress, not sending him to jail. It is isn't "innocent until proven guilty" when it comes to determining whether someone belongs in congress. There are numerous allegations, all backed up and verified in dozens of ways, from people who have no reason to lie and no history of making false claims.

9. Rogifan, Dec 4, 2017

Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

Trump is supporting Moore because he’s still salty over getting behind Luther Strange. Also he’s supporting Moore because in his mind it ticks off the right people. I wonder though if this wasn’t a mistake on Trump’s part. Moore was out of the news; the media was talking about Matt Lauer, Mike Flynn, the tax bill etc. not Roy Moore and his poll numbers seemed to be improving a bit. Now with Trump’s endorsement and the Moore campaign confirming he called to give his support we’re back to talking about Moore again. He did better when the focus was on other things.

My problems is those that claim it’s a binary choice - you either have to vote for Moore or Jones. That’s false. You can stay home or you can write someone else in. Not voting for Jones doesn’t mean you support an alleged sex abuser.

10. samcraig macrumors P6

Birds of a feather...
    --- Post Merged, Dec 4, 2017 ---
    Although which "place" houses more criminals? ;)

11. ericgtr12 thread starter macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

This is an excellent point, yet they were all over him then and continue to be today. Their hypocrisy knows no bounds.

12. mac_in_tosh, Dec 4, 2017

mac_in_tosh macrumors regular

mac_in_tosh

Trump, who has no patience for details, rails off the same accusations against all Democrats e.g. weak on crime. Only lately he has leveled that accusation against Democrats who were former prosecutors.

And does Trump want Mueller to be stronger on the crimes of collusion, obstruction, money laundering and sexual predation?

13. Rogifan, Dec 4, 2017

Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

Moore just confirmed he spoke with Trump. So either this gets wavering Republicans to think it’s OK to support Moore now or it gets Dems and Independents motivated to vote for Jones. Or both and it’s a matter of who does a bettter job with turnout.

14. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Is Trump using reverse psychology to get people not to vote for Moore seeing how it worked out the first time his guy lost. Or is he as usual trying to get out if being president by being doing things extremely horrible.

15. samcraig macrumors P6

Molesting Adolescent Girls Again?

16. ericgtr12 thread starter macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

Technically speaking, Roy did "go get 'em". The only problem is they were a bunch of unsuspecting little girls.

17. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Alleged, convicted, whatever...do you really think Trump's support would be different here? I say no.

That's not true. I'm a Democrat and I think people can stay home, write in another name or vote for the Dem if they want. Lots of choices. Definitely not a binary one.

18. samcraig macrumors P6

Here's Trump's short noose...

Both parties are trying to finger point/get rid of those in congress who have been accused. Here's Trump, trying to get one moved in.

19. ericgtr12 thread starter macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

I think if the Dems get out and vote in Alabama they can push through their candidate, if not they're pretty much handing it to Moore.

20. samcraig macrumors P6

Or the Repubs in Alabama need to rally behind someone in the next 8 days for a write in?

21. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I don't know. I have no basis of comparison. I don't know how many registered and eligible Dem vs. Republican voters there are for this election.

22. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

Glad to hear. Many in my social media feeds are saying if you don’t support Jones you support sexual assault. That’s nonsense.

23. samcraig macrumors P6

About as logical as if you don't support jones, you support aliens coming down and destroying the planet

24. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

I don’t know who is behind this Reagan Battalion account but every time I read one of their tweets I think, man that’s exactly how I feel.

25. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

We don't register party here in AL, so there's really no way to tell, other than by primary history.

Fortunately, there is a retired Marine Colonel who has started a write-in campaign. With any luck, he'll be enough to split the Republican voters.