Trump Etc, a Subsidiary of Someone Else

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by APlotdevice, Mar 9, 2016.

1. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

First if you haven't seen Trump's bizarre mid-speech infomercial.

And now the truth (link):
    Trump Steaks: Try didn't even hide that fact that these came from Bush Brothers (not those Bush Brothers, but still kinda funny)
    Trump Magazine: Discontinued; Trump is holding up a completely different magazine from a publisher he doesn't own.
    Trump Airlines: Complicated in is code for "defaulted"
    Trump Wine: Owned by Eric Trump, not Donald
    Trump Vodka: Discontinued
    Trump Water: Repackaged from Village Springs Corporation (not owned by Trump)

2. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

The guy has billions of dollars, you won't win by criticizing his business success unless you have done better. Hillary hasn't and Bernie barely bothered to get a job, so they should probably just drop it.

3. APlotdevice thread starter macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Mitt Romney was the one criticizing Trump's business. Trump responded to that criticism with complete BS.

4. tunerX Suspended

tunerX

The last time I gave a hoot about Mitt Romney was when I wrote in Ron Paul for the president but everyone else was republican party line. Anything that comes out of his mouth is something I tend to ignore.

Corporations are not people, my friend.

5. APlotdevice thread starter macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

I'm not exactly a fan of Mitt myself, but that doesn't excuse the fact that Trump's defense is a flat out lie.

6. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

It undermines his credibility as a viable candidate for POTUS, especially given the fact that he's threatening to sue various newspapers for allegedly spreading lies about him while he is lying about the possessions he doesn't have nor own.

BL.

7. tunerX Suspended

tunerX

So if everyone who has failed in some business attempts, with our current regulations, are always failed then they are black sheep? Trump is successful in the fact that he was able to create many profitable businesses that are legally supported by law. Laws passed and supported by both the democrats and republicans. If your view is that if you fail once that you fail forever is how we should view Entrepreneurship... then you are actually failed at being a human. He has some failed business attempts and those were all legally ended in bankruptcy. I don't like Trump and I have never liked your posts and responses that somehow he has always failed. He has tried hundreds of times and failed several; he has been so successful financially that he is a billionaire. Last note, I do not like Donald Trump.

8. APlotdevice, Mar 9, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2016

APlotdevice thread starter macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Dude, this is not about "Entrepreneurship". It's about the fact that Trump LIED. He could have just ignored Romney, or better yet, he could have used the argument you're using now. But no, he decided to lie about it. Making it seem like he has never failed in his entire life.

9. tunerX, Mar 9, 2016

tunerX Suspended

tunerX

So Hillary and Bill went from being broke to running an almost billion dollar money machine and she is more credible than the guy who got millions from his daddy and turned it into billions? The last time I checked Trump is a rich old white man and Hillary is a rich old white lady. The only difference is that he has some failed business ventures and she has some failed federal policies.

Hillary and Bill the rags to riches story...
    --- Post Merged, Mar 9, 2016 ---
    No its the fact that you are bitter that he is a billionaire running for republican office.

Trump Steaks: Try didn't even hide that fact that these came from Bush Brothers (not those Bush Brothers, but still kinda funny)
    Trump Magazine: Discontinued; Trump is holding up a completely different magazine from a publisher he doesn't own.
    Trump Airlines: Complicated in is code for "defaulted"
    Trump Wine: Owned by Eric Trump, not Donald
    Trump Vodka: Discontinued
    Trump Water: Repackaged from Village Springs Corporation (not owned by Trump)

Lets see some links. Your OP was a link to website and video that does not show lying, innuendo, and hyperbole. It indicates failures or lawsuits because of bankruptcy. Trump Airlines...

This quote from the link is very nice. Did he say that he owned the springs or that he personally supplied the water with his name on it... nope. The author alluded to that.

Did you actually think that Trump was out there on the plains riding a horse, herding the cattle, to get you Trump Steaks?

Donald Trump wakes up in the morning rides his helicopter to the spring. Hand collects the water and meticulosity puts the water into the bottles and then personally signs the water as "Trump Water".

10. APlotdevice, Mar 9, 2016

APlotdevice thread starter macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Once again I was not the one who presented this criticism. Mitt Romney was. Mitt Romney, a fairly rich man in his own right and with even richer friends. Donald Trump put on this show in response to Mitt Romney. So please, tell me, how does presenting other company's products contradict Mitt Romney's augment?

11. tunerX Suspended

tunerX

I have thought for the last thirty minutes that you are disconnected from reality. I have probably spent a couple minutes over the last month, or so, reading your posts about how Trump is not successful because he was some rank lower than the richest billionaires. Presenting an other's companies products does not contradict anything. Lending your celebrity to a product for money is actually quite accepted; if I was wrong, I could not walk into a store and buy Air Jordans.

Trump did not lie. Your OP video and link did not show that he lied. They only provided suggestion and innuendo.

One last thing... I don't hate you. I disagree with everything you have posted in this thread. If you equate disagreement with hate... go get some help.

12. APlotdevice thread starter macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

For someone who just disagrees with me, you've sure spend a lot of time attacking my character. For example, telling me that I'm bitter that Trump is rich. This is not an argument people use when they simply disagree with someone.

Now if I am so disconnected from reality, why is it YOU who continues to ignore the $250m elephant in the room: Mitt Romney? It is a lie because it supposed to contradict the argument Romney has put forth, and yet it doesn't.

And as for my point about Trump not being on the top 100 Forbes list, I was making an argument about HIS character. Donald Trump has a colossal ego. He cannot stand not being number one. That, I honestly believe, is the true reason he is running for President.

13. tunerX Suspended

tunerX

If the two pictures below are not a hallmark of bitterness towards a person I do not think you have an argument... you, as a statist progressive, using unfounded statements from a failed republican (you are not a republican) presidential nominee is not an argument. I know that the establishment left and right will use hyperbole and outright lies to get their gain. You just happen to subscribe to the hyperbole newsletter and believe in the lies (both right and left).

Your only argument in those two pics is that he is not richer than 100 or more billionaires. Narcissism is probably a requirement to be president. How else could you think you can lead over 300 million people with only ~60 million votes.
    Screen Shot 2016-03-10 at 1.15.33 AM.png Screen Shot 2016-03-10 at 1.16.21 AM.png

14. APlotdevice thread starter macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Look, enough. I have repeatedly asked you a question, and instead of answering that question, you have decided to focus on attacking my character. You are literally behaving like a campaign ad.

15. FieldingMellish Suspended

Brutal. Just brutal reversal to all the bile expressed by the OP. Nicely expressed, though. Especially entertaining is the big scream with large and bold characters.

16. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

I'm just disappointed he didn't lie about sex.