Trump/Face the Nation Transcript - Painful

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Apr 30, 2017.

1. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

2. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

I certainly won't.

I was forced to watch Trump's rally when I just wanted to hear what the meaningful news was on television last night, so I've had my fill of Trump.

3. oneMadRssn macrumors 601

oneMadRssn

What a bozo

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: Look, because if you hurt your knee, honestly, I'd rather have the federal government focused on North Korea, focused on other things, than your knee, okay? Or than your back, as important as your back is. I would much rather see the federal government focused on other things--

4. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

Wow, there are some real doozies in that interview...

- Donald Trump ended China's currency manipulation!

"But when they talk about currency manipulation, and I did say I would call China, if they were, a currency manipulator, early in my tenure. And then I get there. Number one, they -- as soon as I got elected, they stopped. They're not -- it's not going down anymore, their currency."​

- That's probably because China absolutely loves him!

"The relationship I have with China, it's been already acclaimed as being something very special, something very different than we've ever had."​

- We're doing great on trade deals! We're losing lots of money on trade deals! Almost in the same sentence!

"I think we're doing great on trade deals. It's set. And I think we're doing well. I mean, our country is being out-traded at every single point. We're losing tremendous amounts of money on trade."​

- Donald Trump describes the relative unimportance of your body parts.

"Look, because if you hurt your knee, honestly, I'd rather have the federal government focused on North Korea, focused on other things, than your knee, okay? Or than your back, as important as your back is."​

5. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

Oh I see. He's a master at talking to stupid people. Those are the only people who can understand him.

6. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Because it's important to stay informed whether you like what someone says or not. Do you prefer to live in a bubble?

7. citizenzen macrumors 65816

kju_crying.jpg

8. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

And you know who is a smart cookie

9. citizenzen macrumors 65816

wtf.jpg

10. Zenithal macrumors 603

Compare this tripe to his word usage in the 70s through the 90s. Something isn't right.

Christ almighty. I thought you were taking the piss and came up with your own quote.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 30, 2017 ---
    Did he whip it out during the interview? And by "it" I mean a map of the electoral wins he accrued on election night? It's been said he carries multiple photocopies with him at all times.

11. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

This quote was pretty astounding:

Oh the irony. Does he have any idea...any at all...about what his own party was up to the last eight years? The man is utterly clueless.

In a red state like Tennessee perhaps. Covering pre-existing conditions just fine in places like New York and California. Not dead. Not dead at all. In fact, it won't be dead, because all these republican bills are doing is changing things, they aren't repealing anything. Assuming they even can get anything passed at all.

Just heard? You mean he hired the guy without any idea if he had ever been cleared by anyone before? :eek:

Yeah, he doesn't seem to realize that Flynn was let go by the Obama administration in 2014 thus before that trip either. Trump doesn't realize a lot of things. :rolleyes:

12. Zenithal macrumors 603

Republican President, Senate and Congress. Still can' get anything done. This pretend Republican party masquerading as a legitimate party is full of mindless morons and pansies.

13. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

No I don't prefer a bubble. But the amount of time you guys spend hating on Trump is, in my opinion, very unhealthy for you.

14. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

It's actually the opposite and cathartic. Also your advice was incorrectly phrased given that I obviously had already read the piece.

15. bopajuice macrumors 68000

bopajuice

Cant wait to hear from our usual forum Trump supporters. I am really interested to read about how they rationalize this joke of an interview. Perhaps they will.. perhaps they won't...

I am guessing there will be the usual comparison to Obama, some complaints about Clinton, and personal attacks on forum members. What say you?

16. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

C-qVG4GUAAAIjAh.jpg

17. citizenzen macrumors 65816

What are your thoughts on the health benefits of hating HRC ... seeing as you've spent a good amount of your time and energy on that.

18. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I don't remember you raising these concerns with conservatives/GOP over the amount of time they talked about hating both Obama and Hillary.

19. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Most of my time was spent on her server issues and lies. It offended me on a very deep level.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 30, 2017 ---
    Neither do I. Although I don't recall the hateful attention being this intense.

20. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

I don't think it's hate pointing out the hypocrisy and lies the President spews. And if you don't remember the hateful attention towards and Obama and Hillary, you have a short memory. I mean... some people even had Hillary for Prison and lock her up in their signature for months...

21. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I still think she belongs in prison for mishandling our nations security the way she did.

22. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Anything Trump says is a painful read. He speaks with superlatives about himself, hate for almost everybody else, he reduces complex problems to baby talk about bad men and horrible things.... It's exactly like listening to a cranky five year old try to explain to you a concept that you can tell is clearly beyond his grasp.

I can't see who you guys are talking to -- and I don't need to know -- but I do remember who the Hillary haters are. Aside from the "lock her up" BS, I also recall the many times they told us that Hillary was deathly ill, had a stroke, could barely stand up, was not long for this world, etc. Amazing how fast they dropped all that after the election was over.

23. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Likewise, trump and many of his acts offend me at a deep level.

So surely you can understand why I would spend my time and energy responding negatively to trump ... just as you did with HRC.

You and I must share a similar form of unhealthiness ... right?

24. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

Ah using the old I forgot excuse. Did you also forget how poorly Trump has behaved? Maybe since you accuse me of instigating arguments when in fact I've been trying my worst to be like Trump.