Trump fish-slap the Republican party ?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by PracticalMac, Jul 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

In his acceptance speech he said:
    The Republican Platform page 35 says
    Does not outright says LGBTQ do not exist, but denies then any rights for their condition.

Other party members have been more vocal of their opposition, in more strong words.

2. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Party platforms mean squat. With Trump, they mean less than squat.

3. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

The party has to bow to Evangelicals to remain relavent. That's the reason that it's mentioned in the platform. The Party needs to adapt to a "government shouldn't be involved in marriage" and dump special tax considerations for marriage.

4. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

The man is a cheetos faced democrat, do you think he gives a crap about the RNC platform. He just got done making the RNC his bitch.

5. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

Trump is willing to stand up against evangelicals because that is who he is, Hillary? flipped when convenient.

6. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Totally. Yesterday Trump gathered all the top RNC people in a room and told them they were all weak, pencil-necked scum. They all nodded and said, "Yes boss!"

7. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

"Existence", not "condition", surely? One implies a choice. Whom one is attracted toward is not a choice. Acting out on it is, especially when other peoples' well being is involved.

8. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Keywords: foreign ideology

Remember, its only the muslims who hate. Christians do what they do out of love.

9. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

I appreciate his recognizing and bringing them in, but also taking a stand - it will be interesting to watch as the months go by. Trump does seem like a true maverick, but inclusive. I wonder how he will handle Pence. And how far his inclusiveness extends, to other groups and factions. He's welcomed Bernie supporters (though some of them will probably balk at his VP choice, "just because").
    --- Post Merged, Jul 22, 2016 ---
    And the bombing done in Jesus' name is equally wrong. As are other forms of murder, anti-business practices (denying customers just because they're different and makes one feel even slightly uncomfy) and so on.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 22, 2016 ---
    Amusing. Republicans say he's a Democrat. Democrats say Hillary is a Republican. Where's the popcorn and cheese flavored buttery-like substance spray?

10. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

I'd say it's spray tanned on Trump if I had to take a guess.

11. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Right.

6/21/16 - Trump says transgendered people should use the bathroom of their choice

6/22/16 - Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump is tweaking his stance on North Carolina's transgender bathroom law less than a day after he voiced his opposition to the legislation and suggested the state should just "leave it the way it is."

12. PracticalMac thread starter macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Yes, thanks for adding, was trying to remember what they called it.

13. noisycats macrumors 6502a

noisycats

Anybody who thinks Donald actually wants the Presidency, the job, is surely deluded.

He wants the title, nothing else. The man is all about branding. He could give two ***** about the country, but won't even do that much for it. He will gladly let Pence do ALL the heavy lifting, so long as he sees his name slathered over anything sitting still. Or moving for that matter.

I pity those who think he is actually going to do anything substantial, let alone beneficial, for their own lives.

This is all he wants... RTSJ4HR-1024x635.jpg
    and quite honestly, is all he is capable of.

14. PracticalMac thread starter macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

DAAAAAAAAM!

Not pulling any punches!

15. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

It's a contest to him. He doesn't want the prize, he just wants to be able to say he won.

16. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

And today he already was joking around that if he loses he will blame Mike Pence. However, I don't think this is really a joke, but rather a future indication of the fall guy he will be using. Because Trump never ever can take blame or responsibility for anything.

17. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

pretty much it is a challenge when you can buy what you want.

18. noisycats macrumors 6502a

noisycats

Precisely. He wants his brand (name) to be synonymous with 'President'. It will be his crowning achievement. The title, not the role.

19. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

It's true.

That picture reminds me...

Trump is highly unlikely to make it to the White House, but if the country went totally insane and he did make it, I wouldn't put it past Trump to mount his name on the roof of the White House in huge illuminated block letters, outlined in faux gold, with searchlights to draw even more attention to it. Maybe it could even blink in some gaudy Las Vegas kind of way.

20. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

He would be hard pressed to live there without his name on it. He's too used to his name being on everything. The way his name was on the screen in grotesquely huge letters behind him and his special gold podium at the end of the convention says a lot. It does make me wonder what superficial things he would change in the White House at taxpayer expense. Special gold plates just for him? A gold bed? Gold Trump ties for all the staff? A gold curtain for the press briefing room and a redecorated gold Oval Office? Champagne instead of water in the fountains outside?

21. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

In essence it means Republican values and the Republican brand means squat, a pack of lies, slight of hand, what do you want to hear? The theme song of the new GOP will be "We Won't Get Fooled Again, if they can get permission from The Who. ;)

22. IronWaffle macrumors 6502

IronWaffle

I was amused that the font they used appears to be Gotham, the font that was synonymous with Obama's campaigns. True, Gotham had been around before that but after the "Change" and "Hope" campaigns it became ubiquitous (like Bank Gothic in TV and Comic Sans on... everything but a Mac).

Around that time I was a marketing director and among my functions was to not only create our ads but to closely observe ads in our markets and study larger marketing trends. I practically saw fonts in my sleep.

23. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Well if an Obama's speech could be borrowed, why not a font that an Obama used too. They must be really fond of the Obama family. :D

24. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

He won't bother with any of that. He will continue to spend most of his time in Trump Tower, and videoconference in when he has to. You can't expect a guy like Trump to live in a modest place like the White House, can you? Trump will start making plans to build a real Presidential Palace, like even banana republics have, on the Mall.

25. IronWaffle macrumors 6502

IronWaffle

Lemme tell you. You... do not get Donald J. Trump. Donald Trump is a winner. Losers borrow. Winners win even when they lose. How? Truthful hyperbole. See, if Donald doesn't win -- and buhlieve me folks, he's gonna win. Big time. He'll become more powerful than you can possibly imagine. Isn't that great? How? Well, he wouldn't want to give away his secret. Giving things away... that's not how you make a good deal. A tremendous deal. So if he has to stay at his new hotel -- which is ahead of schedule and under budget -- instead of that shabby White House. I mean, what a dump. If he gets to stay at his new hotel, and you should see it. Gorgeous. It'd be taller but D.C. has height limits on its buildings. It's true. Crazy, right? Makes no sense. If he becomes president, lemme tell you, that'll change. Day one. We'll make DC great again. Mosquito! Okay, where was I... if he stays at his hotel. He'll win, because he's a winner, by showing how crooked... I mean rigged... the system is. I mean horrible, folks, just horrible -- and he'd know because he was an insider before he was an outsider campaigning to be an insider -- when he publishes what will be, I'm not kidding, the biggest book since the only book bigger than the Bible: The Art of the Steal. And one more thing... you'll love it.