Trump Gets Grilled at Press Conference

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Aug 15, 2017.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

Wow. This is nuts. And I "love" how he uses wanting to get facts correct as an excuse. Since when have facts mattered to you, Donny?

2. BigHonkingDeal macrumors 6502a

BigHonkingDeal

3. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Dunno. It seemed like he was defending thhe Nazi's.

4. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Seemed that way to me too

5. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

Way to go Donald J. Trump. You just prooved your statement yesterday was a complete lie. And now David Duke is back to praising you. You’re scum.

[​IMG] David Duke (@DrDavidDuke)
    8/15/17, 3:45 PM
    Thank you President Trump for your honesty & courage to tell the truth about #Charlottesville & condemn the leftist terrorists in BLM/Antifa

6. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

It's amazing how low this country has fallen thanks to this idiot president.

7. IronWaffle macrumors 6502

IronWaffle

Make the bad man men go away.

8. itsmilo macrumors 68000

itsmilo

9. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

He's egotistical human garbage and needs to go. Now. I'm tired of this defending of racism with his false equivalencies, and tired of his narrsistic bragging.

He was completely unsuitable for the job before, but now he is beyond unacceptable and has taken this race debate to a whole new low and completely erased the words he said yesterday.

What an idiot.

10. PracticalMac, Aug 15, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2017

PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Trump is loosing control of his message, maybe much more the way this trajectory is going.

Yes, I am being deliberately neutral. No need to spout hyperbole, Turmp is doing it just fine.

11. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

12. IronWaffle macrumors 6502

IronWaffle

If I may be so partisan human, Dubya was an idiot. I don't have the vocabulary for this guy.

13. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

Is he half way to China yet? I'm too lazy to paste the Looney Toons reference because we're living the cartoon now.

14. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Dubya was a freeking genius compared to what we have now.

15. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

He gets only partial credit. You can't forget about his supporters that are also at fault.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 15, 2017 ---
    Baboon's anus. Amazingly, both are orange creatures that love to throw poo.

16. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

This rambling about "both sides" is clear he's convincing himself while just winging it. He's repeating things a lot, and drawing more to this story than he needs to. Yes, he took heat for his original statement. Then he made the statement he should have. Now, instead of letting things die down, he's going to double-down in his first statement, which invalidates the second statement.

17. GrumpyMom, Aug 15, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2017

GrumpyMom macrumors 603

GrumpyMom

Most of those "alt right" people seem to be composed of Nazis or some variation thereof. These weren't people from some historical preservation society rallying around the statues. There were some really hate filled people there. Did our President of our beautiful United States of America, whose liberty was bought and paid for by the blood of people of all races and heritages from around the world, just stick up for a bunch of Nazis? :eek::confused:

Gone is the benefit of any doubt I was ever willing to give that man.

I agree that there are extremists on the so called left who can be violent and unreasonable at times and they stir the pot at different events. But damn, those were Nazis out there--there should be people protesting them! There was a guy wearing a shirt that quoted Hitler. :( :mad: And that's one of the milder things these sick people do, think, and say in regard to their fellow human beings.

Now is NOT the time to be blaming the left for anything. That Nazi sympathizer had dead psycho eyes and left his cat with his mother. I have a cat and know they are perfectly fine being left alone for a day. He was planning to do something that meant he was not going home to his cat. Don't blame this on the left!

Edit to add sorry for babbling about the cat. I'm really really upset. I never thought I'd see the day a President of the USA would stick up for Nazis. My great uncle who served in WWII is rolling in his grave.

18. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

You know, considering the declining quality of Republican presidents, I am very fearful of the next Republican president.

President Dwayne "Mountain Dew" Camacho?

19. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

And far more compassionate.

20. iMi macrumors 65816

iMi

Well said. Yesterday I was listening to NPR and they had an expert on totalitarianism, brainwashing and cults. She described the profile of a totalitarian leader - whether it would be a cult or a nation - and the host asked "Doesn't that describe President Trump?"

She said we, as a nation, must be very aware and cautious about what is happening. I think she's right. He's more dangerous that we give him credit. This could happen here.

Evidence? Just today it was revealed that the Justice Department is demanding IP addresses of all who visited a website organizing a rally against Trump. This should really worry ordinary Americans, a lot.

21. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

He also said "before I make a statement, I like to know the facts."

Doubly-hilarious considering this is now the third time he's spoken about these things, much less past lies. "It could be China, we don't know." "I don't know anything about David Duke." Etc, etc.

22. GrumpyMom macrumors 603

GrumpyMom

He also shut up the reporter by calling them fake news. He's a complete--I don't have the words for it.

I'm so furious.

23. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I wonder if there will be another republican president for Trump might destroy the party first.