Trump gets RNC to disinvite National Review as debate partner

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by AdonisSMU, Jan 22, 2016.

1. AdonisSMU, Jan 22, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2016

AdonisSMU macrumors 603

[​IMG]

Politico Reporting

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/01/national-review-rnc-debate-donald-trump-218098#ixzz3xzGFiGxA

2. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

I like it.

Personally I want the system disrupted and prefer infighting and gridlock over a wall of smiles from a unified good old boy club and establishment types.

The Tea Party has largely been absorbed into the NeoCon establishment, so having Trump come along as a real anti establishment candidate that pisses everyone off is a blessing.

3. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

So, are you a traditional (change-slowly, pragmatic) conservative (can't be), a neocon hawk (I guess not), a religious conservative (doesn't seem so), or, a libertarian (more so on that?)? If you are not most or all of these, then, why are you a Republican!?

4. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

How could they moderate and still be unbiased? This ain't MSNBC.

[​IMG]

5. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

The other recent piece by National Review's Rich Lowry that's in Politico now, Battle for the Soul of the Right, is a scathing comparison of Trump and Cruz, with Trump catching the flames. No wonder the RNC rescinded the invitation to partner in the upcoming GOP debate, but then as Lowry said, they expected that.

Can pretty much hear the hiss and crackle of the kindling in that one.