Huntn

macrumors demi-god
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains

mac_in_tosh

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2016
Earth
Why not A+? After all, he ended the North Korea nuclear threat, he built the wall and got Mexico to pay for it, he gave us a "beautiful" health care program, he's hired the best people for his cabinet and he led his party to victory in the mid-terms.

Edited: I forgot that he rebuilt our infrastructure.

Last edited:

hulugu

macrumors 68000
Aug 13, 2003
quae tangit perit Trump
I'm fascinated by this verbal tic: "Look, nobody believes in the First Amendment more than I do."

It's just such a goofy and obviously wrong phrase, but he does it all the time. The man is so completely disingenuous, but the "believe you me" phrases are signaling that now he's really laying down the ********.

hulugu

macrumors 68000
Aug 13, 2003
quae tangit perit Trump
Really - that's all you dock him for. Ok..
I find the grade remarkable considering that Trump's two accomplishments: two new SCOTUS picks and the tax bill, could have been done by a ham sandwich in the White House.

The tax bill was written and pushed through by Congressional Republicans. And, the SCOTUS picks were generated from the Federalist Society and guys like Ted Cruz.

Almost everything else remains uncertain or beleaguered. See the president's repeated loses in court, or the fact that North Korea's still building new missiles despite their promises.

And, the economy is working despite the White House, who had the good luck of landing on an upswing, but yet seem determined to stall the rise through tariffs and nonsense—the U.S. debt alone has the capacity to damage the economy immensely given time.

Meanwhile, California is burning and rather than use active duty troops to help, he's sent them to deploy in Donna, Texas in a geographically idiotic attempt to stymie the movement of a few thousand asylum-seekers.

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
I find the grade remarkable considering that Trump's two accomplishments: two new SCOTUS picks and the tax bill, could have been done by a ham sandwich in the White House.

The tax bill was written and pushed through by Congressional Republicans. And, the SCOTUS picks were generated from the Federalist Society and guys like Ted Cruz.

Almost everything else remains uncertain or beleaguered. See the president's repeated loses in court, or the fact that North Korea's still building new missiles despite their promises.

And, the economy is working despite the White House, who had the good luck of landing on an upswing, but yet seem determined to stall the rise through tariffs and nonsense—the U.S. debt alone has the capacity to damage the economy immensely given time.

Meanwhile, California is burning and rather than use active duty troops to help, he's sent them to deploy in Donna, Texas in a geographically idiotic attempt to stymie the movement of a few thousand asylum-seekers.
well since Obama did NOT manage to seat his SCOTUS pick, pass a tax cut then that means Obama is worse than a ham sandwich. right?
CA is burning because Brown was stupid , not only by vetoing legislation to help with the fires but by protecting the utility CO's as well.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

hulugu

macrumors 68000
Aug 13, 2003
quae tangit perit Trump
well since Obama did NOT manage to seat his SCOTUS pick, pass a tax cut then that means Obama is worse than a ham sandwich. right?
CA is burning because Brown was stupid , not only by vetoing legislation to help with the fires but by protecting the utility CO's as well.
Who let the Midget back in here?

Well, no. First, Obama got two SCOTUS picks and was on his way to a third when McConnell cheated. And, he managed to get through some major pieces of legislation—the ACA ring a bell—and some minor ones as well.

Sure, I think the California utilities have screwed up and there's long-term endemic problems for California's forests—urban forest interface, climate change, etc. But, Trump could have used his power to send troops to help with the fires, but instead sent the U.S. military to the wrong place—the migrants are in Tijuana—for a political stunt.

Trump's been a bad leader all around. All of our long-term problems remain the same, but we have a more divisive political culture, topped by a leader who sees everything an an extension of himself, including the courts and the military.

He gives himself an A+ because he cannot accept that he's doing a bad job, and that the only salve is that he spends so little time actually working, preferring to watch television and golf like some particularly obnoxious retiree.

Reactions: jkcerda

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
Who let the Midget back in here?

Well, no. First, Obama got two SCOTUS picks and was on his way to a third when McConnell cheated. And, he managed to get through some major pieces of legislation—the ACA ring a bell—and some minor ones as well.

Sure, I think the California utilities have screwed up and there's long-term endemic problems for California's forests—urban forest interface, climate change, etc. But, Trump could have used his power to send troops to help with the fires, but instead sent the U.S. military to the wrong place—the migrants are in Tijuana—for a political stunt.

Trump's been a bad leader all around. All of our long-term problems remain the same, but we have a more divisive political culture, topped by a leader who sees everything an an extension of himself, including the courts and the military.

He gives himself an A+ because he cannot accept that he's doing a bad job, and that the only salve is that he spends so little time actually working, preferring to watch television and golf like some particularly obnoxious retiree.
He is a WWE president for sure. No less narcissist than the woman he beat

hulugu

macrumors 68000
Aug 13, 2003
quae tangit perit Trump
He is a WWE president for sure. No less narcissist than the woman he beat
I sincerely doubt that Clinton would have the same tin-eared response to every crisis, or would blabber on about politics and the courts to some poor Coast Guardsman trapped on the phone with her while he spends Thanksgiving in Bahrain.

Nope. Clinton was an awful choice, but Trump is the worst choice. Always. Just resolutely, positively awful. He's the harbinger of the darkest, dumbest timeline.

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
I sincerely doubt that Clinton would have the same tin-eared response to every crisis, or would blabber on about politics and the courts to some poor Coast Guardsman trapped on the phone with her while he spends Thanksgiving in Bahrain.

Nope. Clinton was an awful choice, but Trump is the worst choice. Always. Just resolutely, positively awful. He's the harbinger of the darkest, dumbest timeline.
Well sadly it seems you’re getting Clinton again come 2020 and it’s a shame to say that I don’t think we will ever see Trump act residential

hulugu

macrumors 68000
Aug 13, 2003
quae tangit perit Trump
Well sadly it seems you’re getting Clinton again come 2020 and it’s a shame to say that I don’t think we will ever see Trump act residential
I don't actually think we'll get Clinton again. I know she's been making some noise, but the current coalitions that helped the Democrats hammer the GOP in 2018 are not interested in Clinton making a second run.

And, second runs are rare. Nixon is the only modern candidate I can think of who lost an election and then later succeeded as president. Reagan couldn't get the GOP nomination in 1976, but that led to his win in 1980.

There are a dozen potential candidates to run against Clinton for the 2020 race, and I just don't see her doing that well.

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
I don't actually think we'll get Clinton again. I know she's been making some noise, but the current coalitions that helped the Democrats hammer the GOP in 2018 are not interested in Clinton making a second run.

And, second runs are rare. Nixon is the only modern candidate I can think of who lost an election and then later succeeded as president. Reagan couldn't get the GOP nomination in 1976, but that led to his win in 1980.

There are a dozen potential candidates to run against Clinton for the 2020 race, and I just don't see her doing that well.
Democrats have no one else with money that can run. And it’s the DNC who will decide who gets to run

A.Goldberg

macrumors 68020
Jan 31, 2015
Boston
This perhaps is a good example of the psychological phenomenon of the Dunning-Kruger effect. This is a bias that occurs where people of low cognitive abilities overestimate their abilities to be greater than what they actually are.

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
This perhaps is a good example of the psychological phenomenon of the Dunning-Kruger effect. This is a bias that occurs where people of low cognitive abilities overestimate their abilities to be greater than what they actually are.
Are you talking about Landslide win Clinton or trump? Both?