Trump goes full dictator.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by yg17, Jun 15, 2018.

1. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

2. raqball macrumors 68000

Yawn.... Maybe next time you can read the article 1st? Next!

He also said:

I'm kidding, you don't understand sarcasm," the president said.

3. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

The problem is, Donald has no sense of humor. He isn't good at sarcasm. He doesn't understand it coming from others, and when he attempts it he always has to explain it. He should stop.

4. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

This president sure has a weird sense of humor. Maybe you can explain exactly what was sarcastic about the statement? Anyway he’d probably get along better with Trudeau, Macron and Merkle if they were dictators and thugs. Seems those are the only leaders he respects.

5. samcraig macrumors P6

Exactly. In the same week he praises KJU and mocks our real allies.

6. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

I do find it amusing that the Trump boosters now think the only way to save the world from nuclear annihilation is for Trump to suck up to Kim publicly every day.

7. LizKat macrumors 603

LizKat

He wasn't kidding. It was just another of Trump's trial balloons (or one prepared for him by an aide). See enough of those balloons you figure what's a sunny day without brightly colored balloons in the sky.

And members who posted that Trump lacks ability to actually run his mouth from sarcasm are correct. It does take a sense of humor to spot the opening for it.

8. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

That isn't how sarcasm works. He wasn't being sarcastic, he just got caught going too far with his actual feelings. And, on the subject to how Kim gets his people to "sit up at attention," the guy circled in red below was Kim's education minister. Kim allegedly had him executed for slouching and falling asleep during a meeting. Even if you buy Trump's idiotic claim that he was only joking, it's obscene for a US president to joke about something like this.

[​IMG]

9. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Must be something wrong with me, then - I'm not even a President, and I want my people to sit up and pay attention to me when I speak, too.

10. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

But do you cite someone who kills people for failing to do so as your exemplar?

11. juanm macrumors 68000

juanm

And they call it “winning”.

12. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

yeah, the President of our company hates it when people lounge around on their phones while he's speaking at a meeting.

He's hardly a dictator.

13. samcraig macrumors P6

On the WH lawn today he called them his "followers."

No. No cult there...

14. Irishman macrumors 68030

Yes, that is all well and good for you, but when the implication from Trump is that "his people" are the USA, not just his administration, not even just his 30% core supporters, that carries with it a far more chilling meaning.

15. turbineseaplane macrumors 601

turbineseaplane

We are not "his people".

You work for us Don, not the other way around.

16. Irishman macrumors 68030

I know you've seen the list of people that he and his people have idolized, and failed to criticize when necessary:

Putin - the former KGB colonel, who, as he claims all the wealth of Russia, essentially is the Russian government (nothing happens without him signing off on it).

Erdogan - the Turkish autocrat who squelches opposition by murdering it , and comes to America to beat protesters here because that's what he's accustomed to doing back home (nothing happens without him signing off on it).

Kim Jong Un - the North Korean autocrat who starves his own citizens, murders his political opposition, lies and renegs on agreements and treaties with the rest of the world (nothing happens without him signing off on it).

Do you know what they all have in common? Their people sit up straight and shut their mouths, or they die.

45 admires these men.

17. dannyyankou macrumors G3

dannyyankou

If he was just joking, it wasn’t very funny.

18. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

eek ... so, you think Trump might start whacking folks who are not paying attention?

19. Irishman macrumors 68030

I think that, once we get to the place where a substantial number of people in our nation simply cannot view anything that dear leader does as wrong or illegal, (you do recall Rudy's comments last week about how Trump could shoot Comey but not be indicted for it unless Congress impeaches him first, and how it's impossible for Trump to obstruct justice (no matter what he does) because he is the chief law enforcement officer of the nation?), that brings our freedoms and our constitution to a very dangerous place.

That bulldust is one step removed from "I AM the law!", Judge Dredd style.

20. BigHonkingDeal macrumors 6502a

BigHonkingDeal

This is what happens when someone who was his entire life looked upon as a joke gets power..... I hope the voters put an end to this soon.

21. yg17 thread starter macrumors G5

yg17

The voters have to wait over 2 years for it. I'm hoping his diet of KFC and Big Macs, along with the stress of being president and complete lack of exercise put an end to it before then.

22. BigHonkingDeal macrumors 6502a

BigHonkingDeal

This is sarcasm....

never gets old :)

23. Altis macrumors 68030

You do know that Trudeau has given praise to China's dictatorship? He even praised Fidel Castro following his passing, going so far as to try to drag "all Canadians" in on that praise.

24. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

You're going on record as saying you hope the President dies in office?

25. Irishman macrumors 68030

Is wishing for a thing illegal in Trump's America ?