Trump has been giving out fake diamond cuff links for years

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Robisan, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Robisan macrumors 6502

Just shaking my head. Lying and tacky, it's these little things that are so revealing of his low character.

...Also, too, when the right wing New York Post is on his case the wheels are pretty close to coming off.

Trump has been giving out fake diamond cuff links for years

Donald Trump has been doling out diamond cuff links to unsuspecting pals as presents — but they’re actually fabulous fakes, sources say.

At least three recipients later learned that the glittery gifts were valuable only as mementos from Trump.

Actor Charlie Sheen recently called out The Donald for the ruse, saying Trump once gave him his own cuff links as a wedding present and boasted that they came from one of the city’s leading jewelers.

“He says . . . ‘I want to give you an early wedding gift as a gesture from me and Melania’ — and she doesn’t say a word, she’s very sweet and very pretty but just kinda sits there,” Sheen told the BBC, referring to a time he ran into Trump and his wife in a restaurant about five years ago.

“He says, ‘These are platinum diamond Harry Winston,’ and he pulls off his cuff links, and he gives them to me.”

The actor said he took the links to an appraiser six months later, only to learn that they were worthless.

“She took [her magnifying] loupe, spent about 4 seconds and kind of recoiled from it,” Sheen quipped. “She says, ‘In their finest moment, this is cheap pewter and bad zirconias.’ And they’re stamped ‘Trump.’”

The real estate mogul pulled the same stunt on his mentor, famed late pitbull lawyer Roy Cohn, years earlier, according to another report.

Trump gave Cohn a pair of “diamond-encrusted’’ cuff links and buttons in a box from famed jeweler Bulgari as a present,said the New York Times.

Cohn’s partner, Peter Fraser, who inherited the items, said he later had them appraised, and they turned out to be knock-offs.

A Trump source told The Post on Tuesday that after The Donald engaged in a fake ringside take-down of wrestling honcho Vince McMahon in 2007, he griped to the promoter that he lost one of his “Trump-stamped’’ cuff links worth $50,000.

The source said the links were actually valued at less than $100.

But “that’s just Donald. It’s just very Donald,” said the insider, who heard the mogul tell the story.

Trump markets his own line of cuff links through his “Donald J. Trump Signature Collection’’ that are made of metal in China and go for as little as $39.99.

A spokeswoman for Trump did not return a request for comment.

McMahon, through a spokesman, said Trump never spoke to him about cuff-links.​

2. Meister Suspended

Meister

"it's these little things" ...

Sure. Let's vote for Hitlary instead who doesn't bother with the little things and instead just goes straight to war, terror and mayhem.

3. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Forget the little things. How about the fact that Trump has repeatedly suggested "taking the oil" as a "strategy" for Iraq? How is this colonialistic concept any more acceptable? Frankly how would it not itself lead to more war, terror, and mayhem?

4. zin, Jun 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2016

zin macrumors 6502

Is this what we've been reduced to? Celebrity gossip about Donald Trump's wedding gifts?

Something is terribly lopsided when people here place more weighting on what Charlie Sheen is saying about wedding gifts than documents concerning Hillary Clinton released pursuant to an ongoing court proceeding.

For what it's worth, to remain on topic, I think if he gave out fake cuff links then that is tacky.

5. Meister Suspended

Meister

Hitlary voted for invading iraq ...

Then she and Barry's administration left iraq without taking the oil, but leaving US equipment to the terrorists.

Completely insane foreign policy.

Trump is 100% correct:
    1. Don't invade other nations!
    2. If you do invade anyway then no half measures.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 23, 2016 ---
    Tabloid nonsense is all they have on Trump.

Meanwhile the democrats nominate a corrupt war monger under FBI investigation.

6. FieldingMellish Suspended

That is one of the most incisive string of words. :)

7. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

I can't help but notice that you COMPLETLY IGNORED WHAT I JUST SAID.

Do you support stealing other country's resources? Because your lord and savior says he does.

8. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

The shocking devastation caused by these cufflinks is just tragic. Second only to the fear they invoke in the Hillary supporters camp. :eek:

9. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

Deny dodge run.

10. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

Yes. Saddam F'd with our economic system when he chose to stop using the USD for oil sales. That's not on our agenda for economic success so the US went in under the cover of WMD and ousted him. Upon doing so we restored the USD as the currency Iraq would use and in turn we should have taken the oil to pay for our having to go in there in the first place. Like it or not this isn't a world of peace the world economy isn't one that runs on the USD because everyone wants to. We are or at least were better known to be a "Super Power" and for a valid reasons.

11. APlotdevice, Jun 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2016

APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Stealing Iraq's oil. Do you support this action?
    Well at least you're honest about your support of a man with an idiotic foreign policy.

12. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

...because is oh-so well known that our current leaders foreign policy in the middle east has been so successful. :rolleyes:

Anyone who has served and especially those deployed from the bottom to the top will explain the reality of how stupid Obama is in terms of how he is handling our nations security. It's the biggest sham and feat of amazement that many have ever seen. Career people are floored with his actions. Sad and disgusting.

13. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

I never said I supported current policies. Frankly this nation needs to stop acting like the world's police force. We need to stop invading other countries, especially since it has only made matter worse.

Trump's throwback to 19th century colonialism/empire building is hardly a solution though. It certainly will not make this country safer, and in fact will trigger more war, more terror, and more mayhem.

14. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

Depends on what you mean by worse. Again, the middle east and our involvement there is to protect the US Dollar and it's use in transactions related to oil. Today's world isn't as much about war in the traditional sense. The best way for others to attack us is on the economic front. Collapse the US Dollar and it will crush us. That's when people who don't have them will be wishing they had guns.

I disagree. He's not wrong is stating America needs to lead with our interests first. We've lost that and are paying the price for it. We do need to control our boarders and not just let anyone in. This isn't an area we can continue to play with. We are a country of immigrants yes but we need to vet who is coming and why and selectively choose. It isn't a come and go as you please world anymore. That's scary stupid.

I'm not sure what else you disagree with but in the end the only thing that is going to stop the terror is a force. For thousands of years the foreign fighters in the middle east were governed with heavy hand for a reason. We killed their rulers and unleashed the rabid dogs and now we're trying to pretend they are going to live among us peacefully. Again, dumb.

15. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

They will?

16. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Says the man who supports the snake oil salesman, con artist. :)

17. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Actually no....there's plenty of evidence of fraud throughout the years. This is just yet another example.

One a con man, always a con man. And you are being conned again now and don't even seem to realize it!

18. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Dear god, you're worse than ISIS. At least they murder for what they believe in. You're suggesting we murder to keep our economy going!

19. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

@pdqgp 's seemingly greatest pride is that he/she served in support of the occupations. What do you expect?

20. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

We can't afford it (being the world policeman) yet we have a party that acts like chained pit bulls salivating at leaping into the next foreign fray.

And we have a select group in this forum who refuses to acknowledge we are still slogging our way through the morass created by a Republicsn Administration. Let's forget that and only remember it was Hillary who voted for invasion after all other avenues were exhausted. Only you have to forget that last part too if you are a Trump supporter, besides overlooking the fact you're backing a crooked horse.

21. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

You do realize that On August 15, 1971, President Nixon announced changes in economic policy and ended the Bretton Woods international monetary system and all that's related to it right? Read up on the rise of the Petrodollar as it will explain a lot.
    No my greatest pride are my kids but I think you're confusing that with an undertanding of what's going on here and the first hand experiences I've seen as compared to those who clearly don't understand and have no first hand experiences.

22. Meister Suspended

Meister

You actually believe that there are politicians who are not con artists?

23. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

Yes, the experiences of of someone who regularly reduces people of various races to animal names and pejoratives. I consider your skewed perspective to be worthless information.

24. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Well perhaps we should try fixing our economy rather than feasting on the blood of other people's children?

25. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

I wouldn't expect any different from you.
    Talk to Clinton as she's a part of it too. She's supported the toppling of Libya and wants Assad out too for all the reasons that support the current petrodollar system. It's about controlling the US Dollar and the security of our economy.