Trump Helps Mueller's Investigation

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, May 22, 2018.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

Not really. But his latest rant is hilarious. FOLLOW THE MONEY! I mean.. the irony...

Screen Shot 2018-05-22 at 9.49.51 PM.png

2. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

What a clown. Mueller was heard chuckling, "Thanks for the tip big man..."

3. Zenithal macrumors 604

You didn't have to dupe Bernie Sanders. He screwed himself over with his rantings.

4. A.Goldberg macrumors 68020

A.Goldberg

Wait wait wait. Assuming we believe Trump’s narrative and he was spied on and Bernie was duped, wasn’t Trump duped as well?

5. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

This is how Trump gets the MSM talking about stuff they don’t want to talk about.

6. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

This is how his tweets come back to haunt him.

Another gem this morning

Screenshot_20180523-070343_Twitter.jpeg

7. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Trump doesn’t know what was said to who, or even who this “spy” is.

He’s trying to stay ahead of this investigation. The problem with that is he has no idea where the investigation stands, so he has no idea what he’s trying to get ahead of.

8. Zenithal macrumors 604

Security through stupidity. He doesn't need to convince anyone but his loyal base. These are the people who'll use their tax breaks to buy that sailboat they've always wanted.

9. Apple OC, May 23, 2018
    Last edited: May 23, 2018

Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

Tick tock ... looks like Trump just gave it an official name.

#SpyGate

10. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

Or in the case of IBM, hire another 1400 people in France to work on blockchain computing etc., this in addition to the 400 they just hired in France to work on artificial intelligence.

This is Trump taking care of business... by tweeting about the Mueller investigation while jobs leak to the eurozone...

11. Zenithal macrumors 604

Great song.

Didn't see that, Liz. I'm not too surprised, though.

12. Irishman macrumors 68030

What rantings?

13. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

Yah but it's not always effective. Nothing always works on the entire mainstream media, does it... witness the very long read offered up by Evan Osnos in the 5/21/18 issue of The New Yorker. Osnos seems to be talking about stuff he wants to talk about, his publisher wants published and his readers want to know about. The free press using that pesky ol' First Amendment keeps butting into Donnie's monologues.

Trump vs. the 'Deep State': How the administration's loyalists are quietly reshaping American governance

Excerpt:

One of the [Interior] department’s largest divisions, the Bureau of Land Management, has distributed plastic badges, called “vision cards,” for employees to wear, bearing an image of an oil rig on one side and cattle ranchers on the other. The bureau said they are not mandatory, but an employee told me, “If you’re not wearing them, I think management in some places looks at you like maybe you’re not loyal to the flag.” Under Zinke, the employee said, policy debate has dried up: “We’re supposed to provide back-and-forth perspective, so that you make the best decision based on science and based on the law. But that’s a pretty big struggle right now.”

The employee went on, “I hunt and fish—I’m actually kind of a redneck. But I believe in the public good and public land. When Trump talks his b.s. about the ‘deep state,’ that’s who he’s referring to. I totally reject that kind of characterization. That’s how these guys see it: if you’re not a tool of the most high-powered lobbyists in Washington or following orders, then they really don’t want you around.”

Zinke has also adopted the White House’s preoccupation with quashing unflattering information. In April, 2017, he came under criticism after internal memos were leaked, revealing his intention to roll back protections on public land. To prevent that from happening again, Matthew Allen, the B.L.M.’s communications director, was ordered to stop the leaks. Allen pointed out that very little of Interior’s work is classified. “I can’t stop these leaks, because I don’t have the resources or the authority,” he said. “I don’t think it’s legal.”

Last fall, Trump appointees in the department became frustrated by bad press over efforts to expand mining and drilling, and by Freedom of Information Act requests that sought details of their contacts with powerful industries. Allen received another order: send FOIA requests about political appointees to the subjects themselves before releasing the results to the public. He was taken aback. “It was just a blatant conflict of interest,” he said. “The person who may be under suspicion, that they’re requesting records on, is going to be an approval authority in the chain. That just doesn’t seem O.K.”
    As I said, it's a long read. Trump will never read it, but... the Congressional leadership of both parties should read it and understand they're accountable to us, not to Donald Trump or the executive branch of American governance. The piece is quite revealing, even if it's only the tip of the iceberg of Trump's gutting of experienced civil service employees in favor of sworn political loyalists. This is the conflict-ridden government of Donald Trump at work, undermining current and future potential of every agency that ever stood between American resources and the people who seek to loot it under our noses, while some of the mainstream media focus on Trump tweeting what he thinks of the Mueller investigation.