Trump: 'Hillary Clinton Is a Bigot'

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MadeTheSwitch, Aug 25, 2016.

1. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

2. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

You should’ve included the actual claim:

"Hillary Clinton is a bigot who sees people of color only as votes, not as human beings worthy of a better future," Trump said, reading from prepared remarks.​

There probably is a ton of truth to that.

The same evening as the Mississippi rally, the candidate told Sean Hannity the U.S. had to "work with" those undocumented immigrants who have been in the country for many years and have shown contributions to society.

"No citizenship," Trump outlined, as well as the stipulation for back taxes. "There's no amnesty, but we work with them," he said in the interview.

His position marks a drastic and more compassionate shift in Trump's previously harsh rhetoric advocating for mass deportation of the estimated 11 million undocumented immigrants in the United States.

Despite those comments, Trump still pushed a decidedly anti-immigrant message at his rally. "Where is the sanctuary for American children?" Trump asked.

Alluding to Obama's DREAM Act, Trump said "The dreamers we never talk about are the young Americans. Why aren't young Americans dreamers also? I want my dreamers to be young Americans."​

Final comment is why Trump might win.

“Put America First? You anti-American!”

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Nice try. Donald Trump is now the candidate of amnesty. He's basically adopted Jeb!'s immigration policy, the one Trump excoriated him for for months.

4. samcraig macrumors P6

I'm going to build a wall. And the Mexicans are going to pay for it. Oh - did I mention there would be doors in the wall? Did I forget to mention that? Oh - and by wall, I mean figuratively. Because it's not going to be an actual wall... I'm just going to do what we do now - but with more energy.

5. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Maybe he was omitting details, in hopes people would click on the article link, to read the article to get the full commentary?

Trump isn't going to win, though. People already know why. The debates will also prove it.

6. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

If Hillary is well enough to show up, she doesn't have the DNC covering for her anymore.

7. samcraig macrumors P6

If Trump shows up. I hope he knows which side of each issue he's on.

8. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Any candidate who says he doesn't see people as voters is lying. That doesn't make him a bigot.

9. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

Agreed. I don't think either of them are bigots. Bigot is a word that is used far too often and far too casually these days.

10. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

IMO Hi liar y isn't going to win it as much as Trump is going to lose it.

11. MadeTheSwitch, Aug 25, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2016

MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Are you really too lazy to follow a link to a story? If I did what you suggested, then I would be accused of cherry-picking or somehow distorting his words. No winning with some of you. It's just complain complain complain. That's all some of you ever do.

But now that you have thrown a quote onto the page, let's look at it for what it is....it's Donald projecting. Again. He's like a child that whenever he gets incoming criticism, he resorts to a "I know you are, but what am I?" defense. That simply isn't good enough. Fact is, with horrible poll numbers in key states, it is Donald who is pandering to minority communities and just seeing them as votes. And making his sales pitch in front of white audiences at that. :rolleyes:

Not too long ago, Trump uttered these words: "Look at my African American over here". Trump views minorities as token objects to be used for his own personal gain. He did that with gay people after the Orlando shooting where all of a sudden gay rights became important, literally overnight, and now he is doing it with the African-American community. It's not only obvious pandering, it's pathetic.

I'll take the candidate who has spent the majority of her life meeting with, listening to, visiting and trying to help African Americans, not the one who sounds like he just recently discovered them and speaks from his sheltered white cocoon rather than visiting the actual communities he is attempting to pander to.

He couldn't even be bothered to visit Flint, Michigan even though he hasn't been that far away multiple times this campaign. His words ring hollow. He is disingenuous. But hey, this is a guy who didn't visit the 9/11 memorial until right before the NY primary, so not really surprising. He is as fake as his orange spray tan.

Exactly.

12. samcraig macrumors P6

Doesn't matter to me. As long as Trump isn't allowed anywhere near the White House. I also look forward to seeing his concession speech. Not that I expect him to give one or lose graciously.

13. Jess13, Aug 25, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2016

Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

The quote being included is important because it isn’t anywhere near as bad sounding as the title suggests. Yes, Trump sees black people as votes too. I don’t even refer to black people as “minorities” because it makes them seem lesser, the same way I just say “black” not “African-American” because, again, latter making them seem lesser. Trump has black supporters at his rallies, here is one black Trump supporter punching and stomping the lights out of a white liberal protester/disrupter:

Hillary is the biggest piece of **** in the 2016 race, she’s worse than Cruz. Hillary has supported cruelly locking black men and women up for literally decades for crimes white men and women get a fraction of the time, if any time at all; Hillary’s supported destroying black communities, splitting black families apart. Hillary takes tens of millions from mideast regimes that torture and murder LGBTQ. Trump has been more gay friendly, with further history than Hillary has. Read this 2000 gay Advocate piece and quit the B.S.

14. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Donald Trump is a great friend to the blacks.

Screen Shot 2016-08-25 at 10.17.29 AM.png

15. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

Do I really have to post the clip of Hillary calling black teens ‘superpredators’? How about I post some clips or archival news pieces where Hillary voiced support for tough on crime policies that targeted black men and women and put them away for literally decades while white men and women were not targeted? How about I post images or clips of the Black Libyan Genocide that Hillary’s terrorists perpetrated with weapons Hillary armed them with? You’re laughable.

16. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

Sure. Go ahead and post the clip where she doesn't mention black teens in referring to superpredators. Of course, the idea of superpredators is racist and offensive all by itself, so no defense for what she actually said.

17. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

Why Hillary’s Super-Predator Comment Matters

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ronda-lee/hillarys-superpredator-comment_b_9655052.html

I have heard some black Hillary supporters say that they have never heard of the super-predator comment. Not only did she say it, she recently commented that she “regretted“ making the statement. So why are people calling it the super-predator “myth?” This is not fabricated. In 1996, Hillary made comments about certain kids that were super-predators without conscience or empathy that need to be brought “to heel.” You can watch the video. The problem is that although Columbine occurred, the term was never used in reference to white criminals. It was only used to refer to black urban kids and to justify “three strikes.” These policies were an extension of former President George H.W. Bush’s “zero tolerance.” Police in schools to bring our children “to heel” has simply lead to our children being assaulted and increasing the “school to prison” pipeline.​

18. twietee macrumors 603

twietee

Thanks for making me watch the video....ugh..you have some specific time-frame you could point me to because I don't hear her talk about blacks at all?

19. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

If Hillary can open a pickle jar, she's strong enough to be president.

20. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

That's what I said. That's not what you said.

21. twietee macrumors 603

twietee

Watch out for wikileaks to bust that myth (aka that jar was tampered with before..).

I bet somebody poked a lil hole into the lid before...

22. samcraig macrumors P6

You're saying it was rigged? Man - that's just stealing Trump's thunder

23. twietee macrumors 603

twietee

I hate to ask but you never know in PRSI..that was sarcasm there, right? Right?

24. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

I always ask someone 40 years younger than myself to open the pickle jar if a youngster is available. Otherwise, a blast of hot water on the lid works for me. I wonder what brand that was-- maybe I should buy a jar?

25. twietee macrumors 603

twietee

I'm probably 40years younger :p

..and I find myself often in the same situation. I recommend a towell for a first try out - firm grip is everything! - and if that doesn't help put a small hole into the lid - which has a downside if the stuff isn't meant to be used at one time. Have to try out the hot water thing - maybe that's what Hillary did!! - coudl be a good minimal invasive intermediate method.