Trump Hotel bookings plunge online as other companies enjoy growth

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, May 26, 2016.

1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

A poll I can believe in. Sucks for the workers though.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/05/trump-hotel-bookings-plunge-online-as-other-companies-enjoy-growth/

2. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Not surprising. Who would want to stay in a hotel that a bunch of people are protesting outside of? Not exactly a relaxing environment!

3. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

This is just online bookings through Hipmunk, which as the article says, has a younger and more urban demographic- who Trump fares poorly with, so you can't extrapolate to the general population.

I'm no fan of Trump, but it's not fair to say they plunged online. They plunged on one site popular with urban millennials.

4. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

5. boast macrumors 65816

boast

Amazing how Trump is willing to lose business in order to put forth efforts to make American great again.

What a true American hero!

6. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Fixed for accuracy. :D

I truly believe that Trump is playing a long game here. He doesn't care if is his business suffers because the notoriety of becoming a member in the very exclusive club of Presidents and being written about in history centuries after his death is just too intoxicating for a man with such a large ego. The business becomes secondary and perhaps in hindsight merely a means to an end. I'm sure somewhere in the back of his mind is the thought of being immortalized on statues, on money and maybe even the side of a mountain has great appeal to someone so narcissistic. The ultimate prize.

7. FieldingMellish, May 26, 2016
    Last edited: May 26, 2016

FieldingMellish Suspended

Of course you can believe in that.

Ed Schultz is prominently featured in Raw Story. Remember Ed Schultz?

ED SCHULTZ FIRED FROM MSNBC
    JULY 31, 2015| BY ROBERT GEHL

"After admitting their brand of left-wing propaganda isn’t selling some time ago, MSNBC finally took their first steps toward being a little less insane."

"The announced the firing of Ed Schultz, the incredibly angry liberal blowhard, along with two other shows."

http://downtrend.com/robertgehl/ed-schultz-fired-from-msnbc

Schultz gets fired from The lowest rated cable opinion channel, and he winds up in a digital rag that Downs avidly reads. LMAO.

8. Admiral macrumors regular

Admiral

Ed Schultz now works for Russia Today, Vladimir Putin's English-language propaganda channel. It definitely has a Russian view of the world: RT and its newsreaders hate America and suspect a Jewish cabal behind everything.

As for this news about Trump Hotels, I think it's awesome: Less hipster douchebags, lower rates. I'm definitely going to look to book Trump on my next visit to Chicago this fall.

9. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Compared to companies that offshore jobs, make flimsy excuses as to why they they abscond, and so on, Trump truly is an American hero!

10. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Any business that takes a heavy political stance is going to suffer from half of the populace shunning it. That's why most businesses avoid it.

11. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

2016 is where careers go to die.

I can't I will be sad to watch this man decimate his business, having nothing to show for it but a guest spot on Faux News.

12. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Airbnb is destroying the traditional hotel business like Uber destroyed the traditional taxi business.

The Left is in an awkward position: protest a new, innovative, high-tech business model because unions support 1930s-era business models, or support it because Trump.

13. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

The article is talking about business lost to traditional hotels.

14. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Yikes! Did I call it or what? I was sort of half joking when I said that, but sure enough, right on cue, he really does want a statue of himself in D.C. :confused:

http://abc13.com/politics/donald-trump-i-want-a-statue-in-dc/1358682/

15. FieldingMellish, May 30, 2016
    Last edited: May 30, 2016

FieldingMellish Suspended

The problem? Trump sets goals. What's worse? He meets his goals. :D

At least he said it in jest in response to a suggestion that The wall bear his name.

Which brings up an idea for Trump's next rally song. One that the Left will feeding frenzy over. From Pink Floyd's The Wall, starting lyrics being, "We don't need no education ... "

16. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

That wouldn't drive me to a frenzy. I'd just say..."finally some truth in GOP advertising". :D

17. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

Intriguing post. It got me wondering-- had I ever stayed in one of Donald Trump's hotels or resorts? So, I went to Trump's convenient web site where they are all listed. I realized every single one of them conveniently had the word "Trump" in the title somewhere. So, no, I never have. Weird how that happened.

Oh, here is the site if anyone hasn't seen it:

http://www.trump.com/

18. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

I had an independent taxi pick me up in response to my Uber request. He told me his business is up now because of Uber...

19. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

What the heck is Hipmunk? Is it like Priceline or Travelocity? I've never heard of it. Who uses it? Anybody here?

So they are catering to hipster millennials, probably with little money who can't afford a stay at a Trump hotel. I'm guessing that all hotel stays are down with this demographic, while Airbnb stays are up.

Ditto, I want to stay at the new hotel he's building at the Old Post Office in DC on Pennsylvania Ave. I drove by it a few weeks ago (in an Uber!), and from the outside it looked like it was going to be wonderful.

20. bent christian, May 31, 2016
    Last edited: May 31, 2016

bent christian Suspended

bent christian

Whatever helps the Trump fanatics sleep better at night. Denial of reality.

^ That's me. There is no way no hell I would give that man my money. Ever.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/20/hotels/trump-hotels-skift-survey/

Ha, ha.
    --- Post Merged, May 31, 2016 ---
    [​IMG] https://skift.com/2016/05/18/skift-...esidential-bid-is-bad-for-his-hotel-business/[​IMG] https://skift.com/2016/05/18/skift-...esidential-bid-is-bad-for-his-hotel-business/

21. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I don't have enough cash to stay in a Trump hotel.

22. samiwas macrumors 65816

What? You ordered an Uber, and a taxi picked you up? Got any more details? Are you suggesting that uber is helping the traditional taxi business?

I don't have enough presumption to stay in a Trump hotel.

23. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

We never stay in hotels on vacation. My wife insists on bed & breakfasts.

24. TheHateMachine macrumors 6502a

TheHateMachine

What, are you some sort of hipster millennial?

25. dec. Suspended

dec.

You might want to dig into Kid Rock's or Ted Nugent's vast array of political songs, as anyone with a brain could have guessed that Roger Waters opinion on Trump would prevent the usage of that song for his campaign in first place.

:)