Trump = Hypocrisy at its finest

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Lloydbm41, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Lloydbm41 Suspended

Lloydbm41

The ‘Vacation’ president who claimed in 2016 that he would be to busy working for the American people to play Golf, has now spent nearly 1/3 of his time as President Vacationing at his Golf resorts. That’s 100 days during his first 13 months in office.

By comparison, Obama, took 29 vacation trips spanning all or part of 235 days over the course of 8 years.

So, Trump is nearly half that in 1 year. It amazes me that people still defend this guy. Now granted President’s do work while on vacation, but we take that into account for every president. The difference here is, Trump claimed he wouldn’t be golfing at all, while criticizing Obama all the time. I guess it’s ok though when he’s the one golfing with pro golfers nearly every weekend at one of his own resorts.

And I’ll quote Trump now: “I would rarely leave the White House because there’s so much work to be done,” Trump told The Hill in 2015. “I would not be a president who took vacations. I would not be a president that takes time off.” While campaigning for the presidency in 2016, Trump said to the American people: “I’m going to be working for you. I’m not going to have time to go play golf.”

2. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

3. mac_in_tosh macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

No surprise that he was lying about this, as with most everything else. Additionally, he personally profits every time he goes to one of his resorts. The Trump administration is rife with conflicts of interest because he, Jared and Ivanka have not divested from their businesses.

4. samcraig macrumors P6

Does anyone expect Trump to tell the truth... about anything?

5. jerwin macrumors 68020

and those he appoints have taken this example to heart.

6. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

Good lord. I’ve never seen this much butt hurt.

I think it’s time the mods make a sticky “ I hate Trump” thread.

7. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

That's ironic considering how butthurt the current President was over the last 8 yrs

[​IMG]

8. samcraig macrumors P6

I've never seen so much deflection and mental gymnastics.

9. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

Donald will feel a lot of butt hurt once he's in prison next to convicted felons… it's Mueller Time!

10. Mac'nCheese Suspended

Mac'nCheese

I guess you slept through Obama’s 8 years. Have anything to say about the actual Topic here?

11. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

Yeah, it’s hard to believe that so many people are actually upset about the catastrophe going on in the White House.

12. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

He doesn't, hence the deflection.

13. A.Goldberg macrumors 68020

A.Goldberg

I think the more time he’s out on be golf course the less opportunity he has to embarrass himself, humiliate our country, and make terrible decisions.

Let him play all the golf he wants.

See, it’s all about how you frame things in life.

14. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

Plus watching Fox and Friends, Hannity, Tucker Carlson and tweeting that’s like another 7 hours of “executive time” right there. All in all I think he spends more time whining about how things are instead of trying to really change them.

15. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

I know right? This forum is loaded with such nonsense. Build a sticky thread for frothing. We don’t need 100 threads on the same issue.

16. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

We also don’t need a president who spends more time golfing and tweeting than being a leader but here we are.

17. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

Well, we had that one for 8 years.

18. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

So far Trump has spent more time golfing in one year than Obama has in 8. Obama has also tweeted less in 8 years than Trump does on one day. I’m all for comparisons but there really should be a shred of truth when making them.

19. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

I’m sure Trump pays for his golf, unlike Obama.

20. samcraig macrumors P6

Whoosh. Right over your head. All good.

21. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

Such an astounding counter to the reality of my post.

22. samcraig macrumors P6

Funniest post ever

23. Krayzkat Suspended

Trump diehard supporters simply don’t believe these facts. Anything anti-Trump is seen as fake news.

What the US needs is a completely independent organisation that could provide these facts as well as the proof. Build up a factual website of Trumps lies with all the evidence.

I’d do it, but the US is suffering enough from ‘outside interference’.

24. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

You do know that the US government actually pays Trump every time he golfs on one of his own courses, right?

25. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

So what. You guys can’t help yourselves with the pettiness on everything from soup to nuts. It’s comical.