Trump: I won't accept the blame if Dems retake House

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by RootBeerMan, Oct 16, 2018.

1. RootBeerMan macrumors 65816

RootBeerMan

Of course he won't accept the blame. That would go against everything that makes him the idiot he is. His ego would never allow for it. While many of the GOP candidates out there that may lose are going to lose on their own lack of merit, many more may lose are going to do so because they have hooked their cars to the Trump train. Trump just doesn't get it. If the GOP does lose the House, it WILL be a direct reflection on him, his actions, words and his tenure.

2. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

And he also calls Michael Cohen a liar in this interview. Just what Republicans want him talking about right now.

3. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

Dems won't accept blame for how they lost the election so I think fair is fair.

4. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

This is entirely expected and fits in perfectly with his trend of never accepting responsibility, blame, saying sorry, etc.

So, another news day.

There is a Trump tweet for everything though... he blamed Obama thoroughly for midterm losses, but of course, he's different!

Yeah, I never see a liberal here mention how Hillary was a flawed candidate. And I never see conservatives bringing up the 2016 election. :rolleyes:

5. mac_in_tosh macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

That's ironic coming from the Liar-In-Chief.

6. Southern Dad macrumors 68000

Southern Dad

What seats specifically is Trump to blame for losing?

7. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Trump rarely talks in "specifics". He's saying if the house goes blue, its not because of him.

8. RootBeerMan thread starter macrumors 65816

RootBeerMan

Well, the election hasn't been held yet, so the answer currently is none. After the election will be a different matter. Any candidate currently riding the Trump train in an effort to win the election will be an obvious seat.

9. matrix07 macrumors 601

matrix07

Would love to see GOP, and by extension Trump, lose but at this point I doubt it, blue wave or whatever. Will be glad if I’m proven wrong.

10. Huntn, Oct 17, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2018

Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

I love the false equivalence arguments projected into this forum from the Right.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 17, 2018 ---
    Trump takes credit for everything he’s not responsible for, and refuses to take responsibility for the things he is directly responsible for, of course the latter are all negative. The primo examples is the Mueller Investigation. His actions ARE the reason it was established, but that is a witch hunt. :rolleyes:

11. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Trump has never accepted responsibility for anything, although he is quick to take credit even when it's not due.

He does not apologize either. He is the king of deflection.

12. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

You're right. There are, however, a lot of crown princes trying to emulate him on social media. Some of them may even hang out in this subforum... ;)

What I find interesting in some of the hotly contested House races is how much deflection is offered up by the Republican incumbents who are first termers and who rode into office when their swing-district went for Trump in 2016. They want to talk about the tax cut but not about the tariffs, and about the tax cut but not about the deficit. Oh, and about "the economy" but not about this administration's slashing away of not only the so-called "onerous" regulations on business but the deep cuts into any muscle any US agency was ever empowered to engage on behalf of workers, consumers and anyone who had come to expect the government to stand up for maintenance of clean air and water.

You want to see deflection, ask a GOP member of the 115th House what exactly the Trump administration has done to improve real health care options for ordinary Americans. At best you get references to some (laudable) bipartisan efforts such as increasing research funds related to Lyme disease. What's grimly amusing is that in red districts you can even hear such references without inclusion of the fact that the legislation was bipartisan.

As for Trump telegraphing he won't accept blame for any defeats in the upcoming Congressional elections, what else is new. But, he loves being asked about the elections. It gives him a chance to throw in a reminder that he made it possible for Congress critters to run on his record because he won the only election that matters to him, the one back in 2016. This despite the fact that GOP critters in swing districts are trying not to let the words "president" or "Trump" cross their lips. The GOP is in constant peril for the next three weeks as their nominal leader opts as usual to keep the spotlight on himself at all costs, including expense to any GOP incumbents in hot races who are trying to create daylight between themselves and the Trump administration.