Trump: If you think I’m going to change, I’m not changing.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MadeTheSwitch, May 31, 2016.

1. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

If anyone out there, including his own wife and daughter, were expecting Trump to become more presidential, their hopes just got dashed today when Trump displayed a nasty hostile attitude and said "If you think I’m going to change, I’m not changing."

Lovely. Not that I thought he would, but I know there were some in Republican circles that hoped he would. Well today settles all of that. He is going to continue to be the rude, obnoxious unpresidential jerk that he has been all along. I bet he won't give up his Twitter addiction either. And he has the nerve to call reporters scum. The irony. Such an awful arrogant egotistical person.

Way to step all over his own message about the vets too. Now people are only talking about how hostile he was. Stupid. He had an opportunity to take the high road here, and as usual headed straight for the gutter.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-donald-trump-charities-20160531-snap-story.html

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

WHERE is the problem? if he did change many would accuse him of flip flopping.

3. kch50428 macrumors 6502

kch50428

About time someone told those media wankers to go pull themselves...

4. edk99 macrumors 6502a

Trump needs to be Trump. He has gotten this far by NOT changing. Why start now

5. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

So? I don't expect Hillary to become less corrupt, either.

6. zin Suspended

I don't think either of the likely nominees are going to change. Trump isn't going to stop being abrasive. Clinton isn't going to stop lying.

7. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Sure, if you are looking for an arrogant rich hostile pompous jerk in a leader. The question is, why would you want that?

Here's the question I have for Trump supporters. Would you want your five year old boy acting like that with you? You really think Trump is the kind of personality you want your children emulating? Really?

8. kch50428 macrumors 6502

kch50428

9. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Ah...but Trump is lying AND abrasive. So he checks both boxes, not just one.

10. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

But you're missing the point: he already has flip-flopped.

He started out this way.

He said he was going to change (here is the flip-flop).

Now he says he isn't going to change (flip-flop again).

Regardless; if you can't trust that this man will keep his word now, what the hell makes you think that he is going to keep his word should he become POTUS?

There was a quote from The Good Wife that applies here:

At this point, Trump is playing the con man, and the hypocrite, cashing in on the gullibility of those supporting him.

BL.

11. FieldingMellish Suspended

Nobody is as arrogant at the current President. Trump as President will be a relief to America.

12. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

And per usual, you're deflecting. Care to argue the merits of the thread?

BL.

13. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

trump is like Hillary in the regard that those voting for him/her don't care.

14. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

No, they actually aren't, but let's pretend.

Trump can't take what he dishes out, that much is clear. He has no problem shining the spotlight on others, but when people question his record on things, he goes ballistic. Like a five year old he lashes out and throws temper tantrums. Most immature presidential candidate I have ever seen. It's really pathetic. You would think at his age he would have finally grown up, but apparently not. Once a childish bully always a childish bully. Apparently his growth was stunted long ago, and he is incapable of growing as a person.
    --- Post Merged, May 31, 2016 ---
    Incorrect on both points.

15. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

No argument there, but the issue here is that Trump can't stick to his word; and if he can't, his mouth shouldn't try to cash the cheque he won't cover. If he had said that he wouldn't act presidential, or tone down the rhetoric, we wouldn't have a problem, let alone this thread.

But here he has flip-flopped, and here we are.

BL.

16. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

But they should. How do they know what policies they are even voting for when they are a moving target?

17. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

Trump is going to continue to cash ANYTHING he can get away with. that is who Trump is, that is who our next POTUS will be :D
    that is funny coming from a Clinton supporter.

18. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

A lying con man that people wouldn't want as a role model for their children. Nice. :rolleyes:

19. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

hey, you prefer a war mongering genocidal sweet talker so different strokes for different folks

20. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

A word of advice, from you:

Applying that to Trump, the answer is no. So, do you have the honour to support someone who hasn't any honour at all?

BL.

21. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

I give expert advice :D

22. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

The only 5 year old here is Trump, whining and chastising the media for just trying to do their jobs. He made a claim about raising and donating a ton of money to veterans, and the media has just been trying to verify if any of what he claims is actually true. Rather than acting like an adult or a President and giving them the info to prove his claims correct, he goes on a 5 year old's temper tantrum rant claiming that the media should be "ashamed" just for doing their jobs.

Dick head Donny better get used to it if he wants to be President. The media will be there every day questioning your every move. Get used to it. It's their role in a free society.

23. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

nice post edit.
    are you voting Clinton when she wins the nomination? :D

24. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

I haven't decided who I'm voting for. But I do know that I definitely am voting.

I do have to say that Johnson did have a number of valid points over the weekend, and the Golds have garnered a hell of a lot more attention they have had in their entire existence as a political party.

BL.

25. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

Why would he need to change when it has worked out so well for him?
    Keep on trolling Trump. Watching the heads of the fascists explode is so much fun. :D
    Please, don't say that again. We have all decided who we will vote for a while ago. Otherwise we wouldn't be defending one candidate over the other.