Trump: I'm the least racist person you've ever met.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by AdonisSMU, Jan 21, 2016.

1. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

2. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

well sara he is your future husband and president. he is a great person the best ever if you don't believe me just ask him.

3. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Honestly what really amuses me is that they're quoting Jeb Bush. Like why is anyone still paying attention to that wash out? He has zero chance of getting the nomination.

4. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

5. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Tthis is a really strange year with really strange candidate fields and circumstances, and neither mainstream party has a clue what happens next. I bet there are conversations at the top of DNC and RNC both about brokered convetion possibilities in a pinch. Risky when populism rides high at both left and right ends of the spectrum.

Maybe after Iowa things will look more sorted out for at least the Republicans. And maybe not. The Dems, who knows. It has been Clinton's nomination to lose, but there are clearly people trying to help her lose it, despite the DNC seeming to have favored her up to now.

Supahdelahgates, don't leave the national party offices without them.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 21, 2016 ---
    C'mon mah, play the game. What will you do if he quits and she has to quit.

6. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

(In which Donald Trump asserts that he isn't this and that.) It could be true that Trump is not particularly racist. A great man like Trump looks down on everyone around him-- they, we, are all "losers". He is a winner.

He does, apparently, think that his supporters are afraid of the other, and he is perfectly willing to manipulate people on that basis. He may not be a racist, but, he believes that you are.

7. FieldingMellish Suspended

I was happy to see numerous gun threads recede, but not at the penalty of witnessing an overwhelming amount of Trumpage threads.

8. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Can't Trump the Trump Card.

9. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

Nothing would please me more than a Trump vs Bernie general election.

And for what it's worth I don't think Trump is a racist and has employed more blacks and Hispanics than all the other candidates combined.

10. sim667 macrumors 65816

You can be racist and employ "blacks and hispanics" as you so delicately phrased.

11. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

If Trump is the least racist person I'll ever meet, then the outlook for humanity is grim.

12. AdonisSMU thread starter macrumors 603

I don't have any problems with Trump on this statement. I know this is how he talks. I'm not offended by it.

13. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

You and me both.

14. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

because he can pay them less? it is not like trump is personally hiring them. I want to see when he is torn into and can't run away or whine and threaten to leave.

15. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

When out at the rally, yes. While being interviewed by one black man, he doesn't know what to think. He starts out w/ focus on the "losers" theme but later in the video where he’s asked if it bothers him to be accused of being racist, homophobic, islamophobic, bigoted and so forth:

no it doesn’t bother him because he’s not racist, but
    if he were racist then it would bother him a lot, but
    well (rethinking) maybe if he were racist it wouldn’t bother him, but
    he doesn't hear the accusation often because it's so false.​

OK, got it. Keeping those compartments watertight is a real challenge.

16. samiwas macrumors 65816

My grandparents were pretty damn racist. To the point that my grandmother canceled a subscription to a magazine when they featured a black woman on the cover. Yet, they had a black housekeeper who they loved and treated wonderfully.

17. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Because she knew her place ... and they knew theirs. It's easy to be magnanimous to the people you lord over.

18. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

The mainstream media uses "blacks" and "hispanics". Saying "African Americans" and "Latinos" is utterly no different.

And, yes, one would have to be racist - otherwise we would have, say, "FOX News" instead of "FOX News Latino" and other forms of segregation and pandering. Why not just address America and all Americans as just "Americans", regardless of skin color or ethnicity? Whodathunk that would help reduce the problem with racism? Not FOX, among other liberals that like to segregate, especially where pandering to revenue streams is involved?

19. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

People's attitudes on race and particularly interracial relationships can be all over the map even in one family.

My grandmother resigned her membership in the Daughters of the American Revolution in 1939 when that organization denied Marian Anderson the chance to sing in concert in Constitution Hall, because she thought it was not right to make race a consideration for such a performance. I never heard her demean people of other races or suggest that living and working side by side with people of another race was problematic.

On the other hand, and years later, her own son took exception to my hanging out with a West Indian guy (this when I was in my 30s). I should add that my friend's grandma was not keen on us hanging out with each other either, but the guy's cousins and parents were fine with it. So... . go figure.

People sometimes suggest that racist attitudes are mostly in the South in the US but that's not the case and you can see that attribute surfacing all over the place during these campaigns of 2016. I remember racist remarks made about French-Canadians in Rochester (NY) in the 50s when industrial unions would go on strike and the companies would hire strikebreakers from across the lake... funny how the picketers didn't think of the strikebreakers as "scabs" first but rather as expletive-deleted French-Canadian-N-word scabs. Gotta keep your priorities straight when you feel threatened by a minority I guess. First they were the wrong color and only then, and also, non-union. But these guys would love Trump even if he had (or has) hired strikebreakers. Again, go figure. Racism runs deep and pops up in weird circumstances, like veins of iron running through rock. Trump surely seems to know how to mine it during his rallies.

20. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Trump better not lose, or the majority of facepalm memes will have his face on it for decades.

21. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Lately he almost seems to be begging to be dethroned with ever more outrageous pronouncements and tweets / retweets. So weird, you'd think he'd chill out a little after getting attaboys from the likes of the Wall Street Journal, signifying acceptance (if grudging) from an establishment that dislikes Cruz. But no, Trump goes in for even more over-the-top antics. How this helps him in Iowa I don't get. Guy has a self-sabotaging instinct a mile deep?

22. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

His latest thing is he says he could shoot someone at a rally and people would still vote for him. This is sadly the truth and shows how he plays to the audience

23. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

I really can't call it.

24. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

That's a bit like saying Company A are not racist because they employ 2000 Chinese at a cheaper rate of pay lol.

Trump and any company will employ people regardless of race as long as the job gets done and money can be saved.

25. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Trump is not racist. He hates everybody equally.