Trump is going on a 17 day vacation

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by darksithpro, Aug 3, 2017.

1. darksithpro macrumors 6502

Looks like the hyperbole threads might die out for a few weeks, because Trump is going on his first official vacation to his golf course in New Jersey. Perhaps 17 days of no tweets and drama. He leaves tomorrow.

https://apnews.com/92e4caccb0194dce81c4b91e1dffb66b

"the president is getting ready to join the annual August exodus from this town he calls “the swamp.” Trump is due to set out Friday on his first extended vacation from Washington since the inauguration — a 17-day getaway to his private golf club in central New Jersey."

2. Breezygirl macrumors 6502a

Breezygirl

Well deserved, hope he has a wonderful vacation!

3. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

I know, because he's been working so hard on his swing every weekend, hopefully he doesn't disappoint this time around.

4. poloponies Suspended

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/270609412480192513?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-obama-vacation-tweets_us_5982dcdae4b06d4888743fce

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/521813597799067648?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-obama-vacation-tweets_us_5982dcdae4b06d4888743fce

"

[​IMG]
    Real estate mogul and reality TV star Donald Trump (R) says he wouldn’t get out much if he wins the Oval Office next year.

“I would rarely leave the White House because there’s so much work to be done,” Trump, 69, tells ITK. "I would not be a president who took vacations. I would not be a president that takes time off.”

5. darksithpro thread starter macrumors 6502

Maybe PRSI could take a 17 day vacation form all the anti-trump threads too...

6. poloponies Suspended

Because the dumpster fire of his presidency has somehow been extinguished?

7. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

He might be away from the oval office, but his little twitter fingers will be tweeting away unless Melania hides his phone.

8. darksithpro thread starter macrumors 6502

What's wrong? You gonna miss Trump and all the drama? Don't worry, I'm sure you'll find some non-story topics while he's golfing.

9. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Hmm. I read that quote

"the president is getting ready to join the annual August exodus from this town he calls “the swamp.” Trump is due to set out Friday on his first extended vacation from Washington since the inauguration — a 17-day getaway to his private golf club in central New Jersey."
    -- and whether appropriate or not, I then heard "Thank you Jesus" escape my lips.

10. samcraig macrumors P6

First - there's little to no chance he's not going to tweet over the course of 17 days.
    Second - He is President - regardless of vacation - so whatever happens over the 17 days he'll be responding to.
    Third - if you don't like the posts on PRSI about Trump, you can choose not to read or comment in every single one of them.
    Fourth - Which threads are hyperbole? Do you know what that word means? Seriously. Please give me your definition and then more than one example of hyperbolic threads.
    Fifth - No drama in 17 days? LOL.

11. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

Because our long national nightmare will be over? Trump on vacation doesn't mean that America will be able to bounce back from the madness.

12. darksithpro thread starter macrumors 6502

13. samcraig macrumors P6

Projection? No anger. But it seems like you might have some frustrations.

14. darksithpro thread starter macrumors 6502

Not at all, I find it rather sad and amusing that all some of you do is create thread after thread, crying about what Trump says, or tweets.

15. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

No but maybe we can stand down some from six months of bracing ourselves for each new day. In August I kinda like slouching my way into breakfast and not having Yeats come to mind when I use that word or see some bird of prey soar across my meadow.

16. samcraig macrumors P6

The irony of your post.

Esp given you post in almost all of them to complain about the complaining.

No one here is crying about Trump or his tweets. We might pity them or him. We might find them distasteful or inappropriate. But I don't think anyone is crying over them.

17. darksithpro thread starter macrumors 6502

Liberal tears have been showering since election night.

18. samcraig macrumors P6

Cute. So are you going to answer my questions? I asked you what you think hyperbolic means and then I asked for more than one example of hyperbolic threads. We'll wait right here.

19. darksithpro thread starter macrumors 6502

Sure, how about all those Russian collusion threads that where never proven?

20. Scepticalscribe, Aug 3, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2017

Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

And, if you follow - as I thought Mr Trump might have done - not least the extraordinary and illuminating example of Russian history and politics, you will know that August is a wicked month, a dangerous month, a month when holidaying leaders run the risk of being overthrown.

21. BigHonkingDeal macrumors 6502a

BigHonkingDeal

Yes, I got a bridge for sale too.....

22. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

Gotcha. Doesn't matter if America burns to the ground, so long as all the liberals are caught in the fire.

Thing is, Donald Trump is no conservative. He's trashing conservative values just as thoroughly as liberal ones. True conservatives are crying just as many tears as true liberals.

The only people celebrating are the ones who want to see the Blue team lose. Even if the Red team is destroying itself in the process.

23. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Just try going on holidays in August.....if the Russian example is what appeals....

24. samcraig macrumors P6

So what this tells is you do not understand what hyperbole is. Thanks. No further questions on the matter.

Another question though - do you see how creating this thread merely invited commented contrary to what you desired most? Essentially you created a thread which begged commentary. Or did you see the thread going a different way? I ask because if you predicted or expected these responses and you are tired of all the anti-trump rhetoric - then who is to blame now for this one?

25. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

Ignore whatever **** Trump said about not taking vacations: deflectors on full!!