Trump is going on a 17 day vacation

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by darksithpro, Aug 3, 2017.

1. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Sad! Bigly sad!

2. AngerDanger macrumors 601

AngerDanger

504763836.gif

Also, so what if one actually were angry while in an argument? Does that makes their point less true?

"Don't make me say it again! One plus one is TWO!"
    "Ooh, you're so angry!"
    *sigh* "You're right. I'm calmer now. It's seven."

3. D.T. macrumors G3

D.T.

Hahaha, using this ... without proper attribution.

Does that make you angry?

:D

4. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Why would the tweets stop? That certainly hasn't been the case before. I don't think there is much to do after the sun goes down at his club. Brace for incoming tweets.

You don't think it's important to keep up on the news or what a president has said and done? I somehow think you would have a vastly different opinion on this subject if a president Hillary was sitting in the White House now with a bunch of ties to Russia, a staff that forgets meeting with Russians, and a bunch of crazy tweeting. You wouldn't just ignore all that. Neither will we now. Nor should we or you. It's not just congress that keeps a president in line, but citizens like you and me pointing out errors, lies and corruption. As it should be.

You mean like the one where Don Jr. met with Russians to collude over dirt about an opponent?

Mar-a-Lago is closed during the summer each year. It won't reopen until the fall.

5. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

Hopefully he overstays his vacation for another 3 1/2 years.

6. samcraig macrumors P6

Sounds like you're frustrated that there aren't more people like you who support Trump. That doesn't make our opinions group think. I see a wide array of opinions.

7. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Wow, Trump's taking 17 days off? I guess he needs it. He's been working so hard. :rolleyes:

:D You know how sports arguments about games are settled by somebody invoking the word "Scoreboard!"? I think you've hit upon the similar response to the claim that there's nothing there.

You do hit that carriage return awfully hard.

May I suggest Trump try vacationing in North Korea? He could go golfing with Li'l Kim.

8. samcraig macrumors P6

LOL. I don't see any of that. I see you keep trying to "own" making others feel some way they don't. I see you projecting perhaps. Or perhaps it's that tone is hard to tell on the internet. But I assure you - everything I've written in this thread has been with a big ole smile on my face.

9. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

"Don't take vacations. What's the point? If you're not enjoying your work, you're in the wrong job"

10. iapplelove macrumors 601

iapplelove

I just took 13 much needed days off from my full time gig, and my job is far easier than being the POTUS.

11. IronWaffle macrumors 6502

IronWaffle

Oh. Hm. I was about to do a happy dance but that's because I thought it said: "17 month," a near perfect fit for the midterms.

That's okay. I'll take what I can get.

Oh, wait. Twitter. I forgot.

Whatever. Fantastic summer storm here right now. Love the sound of it, the eased air pressure.

12. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Calling it, he's going to get bored and tweet some EOs.

13. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

Ugh. Maybe if Mueller keeps a very low profile or even takes August off too.... Trump will just play golf.

Anyway I think the Trump minders could consider diverting his tweets during August. He'll be in control of his smartphone but it won't hook up to anything more serious than one of those celll tower spoofers...

Most of my August is going to be free of this guy one way or another. I can just unplug my stuff if the government won't take my advice and unplug the prez.

14. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

Maybe there'll be less anti liberal/democrat threads? :)

NAH!!!

I for one was enjoying the chaos 45 sowed in recent weeks. Because without him I expect the return of the race baiting or phobic deflection threads that took a break during right wing press' full time defense of 45. Now that the right wing press can take a break spinning, they can embellish on all the crap Sessions embarked on.

15. mdawid macrumors regular

mdawid

Taking a 17 day vacation already? That's funny cause he chastised Obama saying he took too many vacations. He further said that once he got to Washington, he had too much work to do and wouldn't have time for a vacation. Guess he's realized being President isn't so easy. Bye-bye!

16. HEK macrumors 68040

HEK

He hasn't even tried to be president yet. Still just play acting it, and reliving the campaign every time he gets depressed. Went to w. Virginia tonight, another rally. Meanwhile Mueller and staff will keep on working. Grand Jury established, reading to start presenting evidence and taking testimony for upcoming indictments.

The Donald should take a vacation, gonna need all his strength shortly. So far just been prelimary squalls. The big storm coming soon. Hopefully congress get another solid piece of legislation passed by veto proof majority regarding taking away the Donald's ability to fire Mueller. Trump gonna be sooooo pissed when it comes out he doesn't have $10 Billion. And the money laundering with Russians all these years. Oh boy is running for President gonna come back and bite him in the ass.

17. BarracksSi, Aug 3, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2017

BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

18. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Read the account name again....you have been fooled. Trump did not say that. Although he might think it. Pretty sad when the parody accounts sound plausible.

19. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

Love to know who owns the parody account :D

20. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

There are 3 good ones out there.

21. TMRJIJ macrumors 68040

TMRJIJ

22. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

Yeah man, vanity project went south due to his winning it all. He was supposed to lose and then stomp off in a mighty rage of "It was RIGGED!" (which it was but went the wrong way), and then go form a ginormous TV Gripe Channel with his base supporting him for life or whatever. Instead he's boxed in with this legislature now turning on him... and Mueller shining lights into faraway forests. And Vladimir sticking pins in Trump voodoo dolls because of more sanctions, not fewer than he started with.

Who'd have thought it possible? Not Trump. I think he's still obsessed over the quality of his win *AND* wondering how the hell it happened at all. See that's the thing with reality TV though. Weird stuff happens.

It's hard to say whether Trump is really better off quitting now or sticking around to try to wheedle pardons out of Pence for whoever needs them. If he leaves he's just a private citizen looking at whatever criminal charges Mueller may dig up. At least while he's prez he's immune to them and can try to get a leg up on what he has to do afer he leaves the White House . I wonder what happens to the investigation if he quits. Does it get transferred to a US Attorney and so continue?

Man he really bit down on something when he threw his hat in the ring. I wonder if he ever wanted to run or was taking suggestions from "a hostile foreign nation". Maybe I give Vladimir too much credit.

23. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Apparently not boring enough to come, read and comment on .

24. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I'm not sure Pence will pardon him to be honest. The electoral consequences for the last pardon were severe. And standards are higher now.

25. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Can he go on vacation for roughly 1460 days? Perhaps floating mulligans will disappear from his Golf game...