Trump is like a little kid.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by bopajuice, Jun 21, 2018.

1. bopajuice, Jun 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2018

bopajuice Suspended

bopajuice

I'm going to just let his comments speak for themselves:

“Go home to your mom, darling. Go home,” Trump said. “Get him out of here.”

“Was that a man or a woman? Because he needs a haircut more than I do,” Trump said. “I couldn’t tell! I couldn’t tell!”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...otester-in-man-bun-was-that-a-man-or-a-woman/

Sounds very Presidential to me.

And few random mockeries:

http://www.latimes.com/85160455-157.html

http://abcnews4.com/news/local/pres...k-sanford-in-front-of-gop-members-of-congress

And even his administration is getting in on the action:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...parents/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.89c081918389

Here are few few Presidents that gave meaning the the title of President:

George Washington - Victorious general of the American Revolution. In June 1775, Congress ordered General George Washington to take command of the Continental Army besieging the British in Boston. Despite having little practical experience in managing large, conventional armies, Washington proved to be a capable and resilient leader of the American military forces during the war.

Andrew Jackson - Before being elected to the presidency, Jackson gained fame as a general in the United States Army and served in both houses of Congress.

Ulysses S. Grant - an American soldier and statesman who served as Commanding General of the Army and the 18th President of the United States, the highest positions in the military and the government of the United States.

Dwight D. Eisenhower - His name alone speaks for itself.

George H. W. Bush - Naval aviator in World War II (1942–1945). Shot down and received the Distinguished Flying Cross.

Meanwhile we have Trump saying things like:

Back when George HW Bush was US President, Trump spoke to Esquire magazine about the media:

"You know, it doesn't really matter what [they] write as long as you've got a young and beautiful piece of ass."

Trump was asked about his image as a womaniser. He replied:

"I don't enjoy that image. Yes I have that image. I think women are beautiful - I think certain women are more beautiful than others, to be perfectly honest – and it's fortunate I don't have to run for political office."

On the other hand you have Presidents who were womanizers but kept it out of the public eye and still lead the country despite their faults:

John F. Kennedy - "My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country."

Meanwhile we have Trump saying:

“If Ivanka weren’t my daughter, perhaps I’d be dating her.”

“Look at my African American over here. Look at him.”

2. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

We get it, you don't like Trump. All of this stuff was known before he was elected, that fact alone speaks volumes about his opponent.

3. mac_in_tosh macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

It speaks volumes about Trump's sleazy negative campaign against her, full of his usual lies, as well as a little help from his Russian friends.

4. samcraig macrumors P6

That's nothing but a deflection. Just because you devalue one doesn't mean you can't devalue both.

But but but Hillary.... LOL

5. the8thark macrumors 68040

the8thark

So do you consider the phrase basket of deplorables to be negative, full of lies or sleazy?

6. Videomanmac Suspended

Videomanmac

Trump is President. He is better than Hillary. END OF STORY.

7. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

In it's correct full context, minus the faux outrage? No. I consider it true.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/12/opinion/about-the-basket-of-deplorables.html

But I know some are already rubbing their posteriors imagining hurt, all the while never hearing about the other basket she does refer to, but is intentionally ignored by many on the right. The one about the forgotten that so many chimed didn't get addressed.

If you're cherry picking for your regular dose of selective faux outrage, then I can see why one may consider it "negative, full of lies, or sleazy".

8. rafark macrumors 6502a

rafark

One needs some big balls to be a protester in the middle of such a religious sect.

[​IMG]

9. the8thark macrumors 68040

the8thark

It's not actually true though. Even in the full context. Your quote proves it.
    Hating on a large portion of the US public, calling them things which they are not, is no way to win an election. This was proved true as Hillary did not win.

Treating every voter with respect, even those who do not vote for you is how you win.
    Trump did attack Hillary, just as much as Hillary attacked Trump. Both sides went nasty there. The difference is Hillary attacked the public as well (as you quoted). The portion of the public Hillary didn't like, she attacked and spread misinformation about. Trump was very careful to only attack Hillary or the mainstream media or other organisations only. He left the general public out of his attacks.

Why would a Republican voter who is moderately dissatisfied with Trump swap sides to Hillary after that tirade of factually incorrect insults she said about them? That's the opposite of welcoming them into the Democrat fold to get their votes.

Number 1 rule - always be nice to those who don't vote for you. Because in the next election, they might just decide to vote for you, if you treated them nicely. The Democrats need to learn this.

10. bopajuice, Jun 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2018

bopajuice thread starter Suspended

bopajuice

Hillary was never President and I am glad she was not elected. My point is the caliber of choices we have to choose from in recent times has been horrible. We really have lowered our standards as a country. I don't see it getting better. People don't suddenly work with the other side, research issues, educate themselves on the issues, share views, compromise. Just does not happen.

Just look at the picture above. It's bad enough the protester was somewhere he should not have been, but then look at those around him. They are the ones who are deciding the direction of our country. The guy with the finger. He is the kind of person that put Trump in office. Civility has clearly left our society. Hate is all that remains.

Guys like that are listening to Trump and his rhetoric. Trump is only creating more anger, more hate. His words are not making the country great, they are dividing us further. His rallies in general are full of propaganda and false claims. He taunts people he does not agree with, mocks them. People eat that stuff up.

11. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

1st part: well, obviously true. 2nd part: Impossible to say, truly. I think it need be reminded that many of us Center or center-leftist are not necessarily against a GOP WH as much as that Trump is just a giant bag of dicks. Yeah, he's been successful - by being a dick. yeah, he's refreshing to Capital Hill - buy being an unabashed dick. Do you guys even like him?

12. Fugabutacus macrumors regular

Think about what you're actually saying here and then reconsider your post.

13. JayMysterio, Jun 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2018

JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

o_O

Besides being nonsensical, you completely contradict yourself. 45 treated EVERY voter with respect?

That's why so many Latinos voted for him? That whole opening bit after the escalator was his show of respect for Mexicans?

You are realizing that it's the electoral votes that won 45 the office right? Not the popular vote, which completely contradicts your fantasy setting. Your fantastic reimagining of 45 even having the slightest degree of subtlety shows why you would intentionally ignore the second part of Clinton's comments to lean more heavily towards the first. It portrays Clinton as the comic book movie villain supposedly responsible for all ills in the world that the right imagines, and 45 seized upon. All the while forgetting how close he was with said candidate a short time before, and turned on her, merely because the democratic party wasn't willing to run him.

The fact is Clinton was right, some of 45's supporters are some of the vilest aspects of our country. Other supporters are mad because things have't gone the way the hoped, and took it out on a heavily demonized target. It doesn't make those supporters wrong or deplorable, but it does make them reactionary & angry. I hope those supporters get what they imagined they would from this faustian bargain. Because if they didn't, they won't be able to blame the deplorables, or democrats as they too often do, just themselves. Wouldn't that be a refreshing change?

Nah, I didn't think so. So many of 45's supporters share the same trait as he. The inability to accept blame, and demand it must be because of someone else.

My favorites being the 45 supporters with buyer's remorse. "I had to vote Trump, I didn't like the other candidate so I held my nose and voted for this one." Keep holding your nose then, you voted for him, you're responsible for him. Accept it. Or as the kids who imagine themselves cool like to say, "She lost, get over it. Deal with it."

You, 45, and the republican party may want to jot that one down in your notebooks to check back on.

After all, if the uproar over recent events hasn't shown anyone the lack of kindness one can expect from republicans, history will remind them over & over.

14. samcraig macrumors P6

One does not equate to the other. Unless ALL you value is that he won.

15. Zenithal macrumors G3

Oh, Samuel. You have so much to learn.

16. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Apart from minorities of course.

17. samcraig macrumors P6

Except that's not accurate. He attacked several groups of people. He also attacked the very women he sexually assaulted. Your memory is short or you've deliberately chosen to ignore the truth.

18. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Indeed, Trump is very chid-like and obviously not very bright... very juvenile and not funny. Lots of people call him charming... I have yet to see that side. Dull, unfunny, petulant.

Endorses books he hasn’t read, runs live commentary on Fox and Friends, tells lies with no hesitation, even ones that make him look quite a fool. But it seems to work for his base, they believe anything he tells them. Quite bizarre.

19. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

His base hates the big cities.

20. colourfastt macrumors 6502a

colourfastt

The very recently departed Charles Krauthammer had the best ever description of tRump: "I used to think Trump was an 11-year-old, an undeveloped schoolyard bully," he wrote in August 2016, around the time Trump officially became the Republican nominee. "I was off by about 10 years. His needs are more primitive, an infantile hunger for approval and praise, a craving that can never be satisfied. He lives in a cocoon of solipsism where the world outside himself has value — indeed exists — only insofar as it sustains and inflates him."

21. mac_in_tosh, Jun 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2018

mac_in_tosh macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

Not her best moment for sure, on par with Trump's "How stupid are the people of Iowa?" and his "s***hole countries" comment.