Trump is losing his mind over Mueller again

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Nov 27, 2018.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

3. kobalap macrumors 6502

You should try and pace yourself. We have another 6 years of Trump. And if we are lucky, we will get a real Republican after that.

4. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

You're funny

5. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Not for nothing, but I read this as...

[​IMG]

:D

BL.

6. IdentityCrisis Suspended

Doubtful. I’m pretty sure 2020 is his last.

7. kobalap macrumors 6502

Well, I hate Trump and always believed he is a friend to White Supremacists. But his handling of the caravan mob has me re-considering.

8. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

All depends on who runs against him

9. IdentityCrisis Suspended

Well we know Ted is. And I rather have him that trump or Clinton. Lol

10. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

I’m sorry. It all depends on who the DNC allows to run. I’m betting you are getting Clinton

11. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Unless Trump pulls a miracle out of his ass, he's looking worse off then he did when he started this. Dems came out in force this '18 election and Dems have lower turn out in midterm elections then they do in general elections. Im betting Dem turnout is going to be even higher in '20, making it harder for Trump.

12. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

Economy is doing good , he won full support from evangelicals. This time he’s taking the electoral and the popular

13. kobalap macrumors 6502

Republicans lost the popular vote for the senate by 9 million votes and picked up 3 seats.

Trump doesn't need polls or the popular vote. Its the dems that will have to pull a rabbit out of their but to unseat Trump.

14. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Evangelicals don't make up enough to push him through alone and I could see their hypocrisy becoming a focus for many in 2020 for picking a complete opposite of what they stand for. As for the economy, we're still 2 yrs out and a lot can change from here to there.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 27, 2018 ---

No he doesnt need the popular vote, that was shown in 2016. But he also only won by less then 1 percent in 3 key states that Clinton failed to go after that gave Trump the win. You can sure as hell bet the Dems wont make that mistake again in '20.

Historically the Dems come out more in general elections then they do in midterm. If this midterm is any kind of hint for 2020, that percentage will go even higher and if they play their cards right, they can pick up those key states that Clinton barely lost in without much trouble just because Trump will help drive Dems out to vote.

15. kobalap macrumors 6502

We're talking about Democrats here. At best, lazy. In many cases, stupid.

16. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

It was a landslide win for Trump in the electoral college, in the only thing you guys did have to offer come 2020 is again Clinton

17. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

But it wasn't, it's not even close to other elections in terms of a landslide.

And yet their numbers for this midterm outpaced previous midterms going back to the 70s I think it was. Dems historically have lower turnout for midterms compared to Reps and historically outnumber Rep in general elections. Which again is why I said this midterm can be seen as a indication for out turnout will be in 2020. As for being stupid, we didn't elect the dumbest person to ever hold the office of POTUS, that was those guys on the Right.

18. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

It was a sea of red........, bell he was not even supposed to reach 200 EC votes. I think she was the one who failed to get there and as said the DNC will make sure you get her again

19. kobalap macrumors 6502

Shrug..

I wanted a Republican. Instead I got Trump. The party has been invaded by white supremacists and spineless twits. Republicans won't be the ones to ouster him.

I was praying for Kasich to win the nomination but when Trump got the nod, it was all but over for me. There was no way my home state was going to Trump anyway. The only hope for Trump not getting elected was for democrats to get off their duffs and vote. Instead, they stayed home and were their typical lazy selves knowing full well the kind of turd we would get with Trump.

The fact is, Republicans and many many independents are happy with the job Trump is doing. Me, I am particularly pleased with how he has handled this border / migrant caravan mob. The economy is stable. The stock market is generally up.

I hate the guy but for all the bluster, the country is in better shape than when he took office.

20. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

Democrats took a dump on the bernie bros so they stayed home.

21. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

You do realize the EC votes with the state GE vote right? Trump won 3 states that Clinton could have won had she even put any real effort in. Trump won those states by less then 1% each. That's not a sea of red, it was by all accounts a statistical tie but enough for Trump to take the win. Trump isn't even in the top 20 of past elections in terms of EC count win.

22. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

It all repeats 2020 with trump vs Clinton.

23. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

There were also people also voted against Clinton, not necessarily for Trump. 2020 could very easily show Republicans voting against Trump, he's left a lot of people behind that he promised to help when the reality he wasn't going to do jack or couldn't to jack about it. Such as those in the coal industry and those hurt by manufactures that still are left holding the bag because Trump promised to bring those jobs back. Plenty of people still waiting for those jobs too. Some of you guys on the Right also seem to have a short memory span, the economy and job market were not down when Trump took over and the growth that has happened under Trump isn't even close to what it was under Obama. But like many on the Right, they tend to ignore those facts. Just like Trump tried to play off the good economic numbers under Obama as fake news but magically turned real when it was under him.

As for sticking with Trump, of course his supporters will stick with him, regardless. But to keep the rest of the Right, those non-die hards that just want someone on the Right, they are the ones that could sway away depending on who's batting Left and how the economy is doing. Trump is putting himself into a pretty pickle with these tariffs and those tend to be lagging indicators. Those effects are slow to come into play and slow to fruition, even if his ended them now, could still have a lasting negative impact even up to 2020.

As for handling the border situation, so you're ok with Trump using the US active duty military as a publicity stunt? They put up barbwire, that was their contribution. Even though it cost around $200 million, took them away for the holidays and they had zero power to even stop border crossers, you still think that was the best course of action? How?

My crystal ball came from Walmart, no wonder it's not working. Where did you get yours from? Your reply also doesnt address anything I said.

24. Alaxlmartin macrumors regular

Alaxlmartin

Bernie will run again
    O’Rourke
    Biden
    Harris
    Warren
    GIllibrand
    Booker
    Delaney
    Klobuchar
    And others