Trump is nominating Gene Scalia for Sec of Labor

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Jul 18, 2019.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

Should we countdown until Scalia bows out of the nomination? Or worse - the man who appears anti-labor and pro deregulation of banks becomes the Sec of Labor..

Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 8.27.05 PM.png

2. LizKat macrumors 603

LizKat

Be still my heart: For a minute there I thought someone fell under a bus and Trump was nominating Scalia's kid to sit on the Supreme Court bench. I can't take these notification previews sometimes on my phone, they're too short and leave waaaaaay too much to my imagination. :eek:

What Trump did instead for Eugene Scalia was plenty bad enough. What a benighted administration. This guy is anti-labor from the get go, so much so that Bush 43 had to make a recess appointment to get him in as Labor Dept solicitor because the Dems in the Senate weren't having it.

Par for the course of the Trump WH. Appoint someone to head up an agency who will like to just gut the place or take the side of Goliath v the dude with the slingshot and no pebbles...

Sorry for the cynicism but it seems on the money considering Trump's previous agency head (or acting head, deputy acting head) appointments.

3. shyam09 macrumors 68020

shyam09

I thought the same.

4. LizKat macrumors 603

LizKat

Honestly what was I supposed to think? The flippin' AP, man...

EDIT: although I realize now it was truncated because I have the system font size set way up for convenient viewing from couch to coffee table... I might have to swat that down some. :D

oh please, what the hey?.jpg