Trump is on another lying bender - Hold him accountable

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, May 20, 2018.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

I mean - criticize the media for getting the occasional story wrong or even misleading every once in awhile But POTUS needs to be held accountable for his lies.

Screen Shot 2018-05-20 at 10.08.06 AM.png

2. Zenithal macrumors 604

How long until he begins insulting Gates for trashing him in a seminar?

3. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

What an embarrassment. Given that he's blind to what Mueller actually has on him, I suppose he can run victory laps if he and his campaign are cleared of wrongdoing, but man, will he look like a (bigger) doofus if there's something damning on someone higher up in his campaign. Dotard Drumpf himself doesn't even have to be accused of wrongdoing; if even someone like Kushner, Drumpf Jr. or Manafort have more dirt on them or something, that too will make Orange Nixon look quite bad.

In the future, when the novelty of having this clown in office has worn off and we're a few Presidents into the future, teachers, historians, professors and those just plain interested in Presidential history will be able to look at Drumpf's tweets for evidence of lying, hypocrisy, being a bully, being incorrect, insecure and just plain "not so bright".

4. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

This is Trump teeing up the pending OIG Report... he wants folks talking about this when the report drops.

probably happening this week :cool:

5. bopajuice Suspended

bopajuice

It's all about popular opinion. They could charge and convict him of murder with a mountain of evidence. He would use twitter claiming it's a witch hunt and he is innocent. The part that concerns me is people would actually believe him even as they haul him away and lock him up.

6. raqball macrumors 68000

What exactly in those tweets were lies>? Should have have used different wording? Yeah, I agree with that but I don't see any lies in there unless I misread something..

7. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

No, this is the ranting of a clearly mentally disturbed man. Every American should be profoundly embarrassed that this man is president.
    --- Post Merged, May 20, 2018 ---
    “They have found no collusion with Russia” is either an outright lie or a fantasy. He has no idea what they’ve found.

8. raqball macrumors 68000

They have? Can you post where the evidence of such has been released? Thanks.. And I'd say he has far more information about what's going on than you or I ever will..

9. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

Unless Mueller’s team is leaking to the White House (and if they were, we would almost certainly have heard about it, given the constant leaks from the White House), he doesn’t know what they have and has no basis for claiming that they haven’t found anything yet. And, to be clear that’s hardly the only lie in that rant.

10. raqball macrumors 68000

So that makes his statement a lie? Hardly..... I agree he should not say some of the things he does and/or he should use different wording but.... It does not make it a lie either. I see nothing in those tweets thats a blatant lie.

11. BigHonkingDeal macrumors 6502a

BigHonkingDeal

I'm not so sure about that anymore.... Maybe he is a sinister prick who has figured out that a sizable portion of people in the US are just dim enough to believe anything he's selling, and we should all be embarrassed for that.

12. Zenithal macrumors 604

Wouldn't call him that. There is a word I'd call him. I just don't fancy a suspension.

13. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

I said it was either a lie or fantasy. But his claim that the New York Times story indicated that Mueller has found nothing on Russia is a clear and blatant lie. The story says nothing of the sort.

14. dragje macrumors 6502a

dragje

This says it all... The PoliFact scorecard of D. Trump Trump.png

Attached Files:

15. mac_in_tosh, May 20, 2018
    Last edited: May 20, 2018

mac_in_tosh macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

Here's a partial list:

It's not a "witch hunt." It's a legally established investigation into what everyone except Trump and Putin acknowledges as Russian meddling in our election.

The "witch hunt" hasn't given up on Russia. Mueller is not done and Trump doesn't know what he has learned.

There was no FISA abuse. That was a weak ploy to discredit the investigation.

The implication that the "witch hunt" is being run by biased Democrats and implying that merely having worked for Obama should disqualify an investigator. Mueller is a life-long Republican. The special prosecutor was established by a Republican Justice Dept.

"They have found no collusion, no obstruction." Again, no factual basis for this statement.

The N.Y. Times is not "crooked", at least not as crooked as Trump. It just prints things that are not favorable to him. Just like the "fake news."

These rantings are not what one would expect from someone who is innocent. If it were me and I were innocent, I'd volunteer to meet with Mueller today to clear everything up.

16. Zenithal macrumors 604

He should totally have Rudy go on CNN and talk about how he brought NYC and America together on 9/11.

17. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Drumpf doesn't know what the investigation does or doesn't have on him. Anytime he Tweets that they have found nothing, he's pulling it out of his lying, orange ass.

18. Zenithal macrumors 604

Considering he's on the toilet when he tweets in the morning, you may be right.

19. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

You guys do not understand how older people do business and get things done. I suppose your work history hasn’t put you in the position to know? They embellish, over-state and yes, sometimes flat out lie to force people to respond. It is a VERY affective tactic and how some people lead, especially older business men/women. I’m not saying I like it, I just know how well it works because many people require a fire under their butts to make them get off of them and work.

20. Huntn, May 20, 2018
    Last edited: May 20, 2018

Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

This is the real Donald Trump, be very scared about who is leading the Nation, along with some terror:

68AE100C-58EA-4A63-B061-D70BEFFA0E9B.jpeg
    Que in on the GOP leadership reaction when charges drop and how many GOP Representatives and Senators refuse to impeach and convict. This will be the country’s undoing, if the rule of law is tossed out the window in favor of Advanced Tribalism. We would be finished of ever pretending to be the shining light on the hill BS.
    Dude if you are intent on identifying crap, liberal and conservative, reread Trump’s manic tweets. He’s conniving, manipulative, or just plain sick. :(
    Highly regarded qualities, that we demand for the highest elected office office in the land. :(:oops::(

21. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Who owns the investigation? Who's in charge?

22. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

23. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

Well, so far they haven’t found anything, if they had it would be on CNN 24/7 so technically it’s not a lie. Stating that it’s a lie only makes sense if you baselessly presume that there was collusion.

24. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Once again, you don't know what they have or haven't found. Not everything leaks. It is a lie. There is no "technically" about it either way. He doesn't know - that's probably what bothers him the most.

25. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

No, it wouldn’t be on CNN. They have been very good about not leaking anything about their own investigation.