Trump is right about eminent domain

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by AdonisSMU, Feb 6, 2016.

1. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

I'm watching the debate. Trump is right about eminent domain. Bush tried to lie about Trump's record and Trump was honest about eminent domain.

2. stroked Suspended

stroked

Trump did slam Bush with the Keystone comment. I'm for eminent domain for roads and airports etc, but not when it is abused, such as taking someones home to develop a high end subdivision.

3. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

yes it is very wrong for some stupid developer to get away with it. but hey when you buy the right politician anything is possible.

4. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

Trump is right... or mostly right. He can be allowed to be right about some things, can he not? Regardless, I'm not going to vote for him.

5. 1458279 Suspended

The SC ruled on this issue and it said that the government can take away your property just because they think they can make more money from it that you.

After that, several states passed laws saying it the government can't take your property like that.

Interesting that years after that, they've taken property for public use like sports and other economic development.

Part of the problem here is that the government can take property for economic development and they still have no solution for those that can't make the economy work for them.

6. FieldingMellish Suspended

America turning into the land of life, liberty and the pursuit of property.

7. 1458279 Suspended

There's an argument to be made for liberty being removed from America. Many see it under attack.

8. FieldingMellish Suspended

Life as well, for that matter. ;)