Trump is very unpopular on the world stage

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MadeTheSwitch, Oct 11, 2016.

1. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Wow. They really don't like him. As bad as he has been doing in the U.S. lately, his polling is much much worse on the world stage. It's pretty bad when you poll at 9%!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-europe-sweden_us_577d587ce4b0c590f7e7ac8a

https://www.denverpost.com/2016/10/11/donald-trump-europe-leaders/

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/29/politics/pew-poll-obama-trump-clinton/

2. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Best part of of being in America? The rest of the world can't vote in our elections. I mean the Saudis can try to influence it by throwing cash at Clinton.

3. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

If anyone is trying to influence our elections, it would be Russia.

And maybe a few people posting in PRSI from other countries. :p

4. Khalanad75 macrumors 6502

Khalanad75

I am starting to think that zin works for Wikileaks...A.K.A... Russialeaks

5. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

You guys are like Clinton and the Iraq war...You were for wikileaks before you were against it.

6. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

good, if he wins less countries will be happy to keep bombing the Middle east like Obama & Hillary like.

7. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Or RT (Russia Today) :D

8. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Then you will see the faux care about the Middle East go back to zero.

9. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

You mean like Trump was for the Iraq war before he was against it?

10. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

that just makes you guys just like trump when it suits you.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 11, 2016 ---
    then the conflicts that are not declared will be "war crimes" blah blah blah. hope trump wins just to see them once again grow a back bone :D

11. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Oh you know I have no love for either candidate. But the reality is they're both morally bankrupt. Both blood thirsty. The difference is that one actually has a brain, while the other is Donald Trump. And I'm sorry if it's not PC, but I really don't want a retard in the White House.

12. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

In what alternate universe does the math work out making that a possibility? A candidate can't alienate blacks, Asians, Hispanics, and especially women and somehow still win a national election.

13. samiwas macrumors 65816

Which guys? I was never for wikileaks.

14. Khalanad75 macrumors 6502

Khalanad75

Nope, I was never for wikileaks.

I understand that not all information is needed to be out in the air for everyone to see.

15. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

That's a good reason to vote for him :). It's not a popularity contest and we want a president who is concerned with the US first.

The other countries know they can walk all over Hillary.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 12, 2016 ---
    Then why are you and others starting so many anti-Trump post. Could it be that your not as confident as you want to appear to be :D.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 12, 2016 ---
    Classic misdirection. Nobody who has been referenced in the emails has stated that the content was false.

16. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

In what alternate universe is this? Does Hillary really look like someone that can be walked all over? Much like right wingers couldn't seen to make up their minds if Obama was a clueless community organizer or a brilliant dictator mastermind, you now seem to be having the same trouble with Clinton. Oh she's weak. Or if she gets elected she'll drop bombs all over the place and take away all our guns! Which is it? Ruthless leader or weak? Cannot be both.

Keep thinking that. I have never been so relaxed in my life over an election. And perhaps you didn't see my change in positions last night. Trump made such a compelling case that I plan on coming out and voting for him on November 28th! I hope millions of my fellow Trump supporters will join me. Together we can win this!

I haven't stated anything in any emails is false. But the redirection here would be to pretend that Russia isn't trying to have an undue influence in our elections. In the Reagan era, right wingers would have been ready to go to war over that, now righties just turn belly up and say why can't we be friends with Putin. Reagan is surely spinning in his grave. The later generations of Republicans have abandoned all common sense and reason. Russia is not our friend. Russia will probably never be our friend. Tampering with our elections should be a much bigger deal to Republicans than it seems to be.

17. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Yep, but if this is news to you fellow PRSI readers... you need to expand your horizons more.

Where can I get some of this sweet Saudi and Russian cash? I don't think the rest of the world has a right to vote in American elections, but we do have a vested interests with little things like the global economy (like lax vetting in wall street contributing to a global 'credit crunch'), and let's not forget about the very large nuclear arsenal at the President's disposal.

18. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

Actually it can. What people are saying is that other countries will take advantage of the fact she is perceived as weak, wars will start, and then she will be forced to drop bombs.

It's better to have countries think that you are strong so you don't have to drop the bombs.

19. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Countries don't think Trump is strong. He doesn't even know anything about anything. The only thing he knows how to do well, is attack people on Twitter over looks and personal issues. That's not strong. That's weak!

20. Scepticalscribe, Oct 12, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2016

Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

No. They don't think Mrs Clinton is weak; actually, they think she is experienced.

They may not like her but they believe her to be a rational, intelligent and vastly experienced actor, one who is a 'safe pair of hands' and is not likely to be phased too easily.

However, they think Mr Trump is nuts, unstable, irrational, unpredictable, thin-skinned, neurotic and narcissistic. They also think he is crude, sexist, racist, and totally untrustworthy, - with facts, truth, money, his word, - and they believe him to be completely unreliable.

Actually, Mr Trump is regarded as easily the worst candidate any party has ever put forward for office in the entire history of the United States; most Europeans are stupefied that anyone would consider even voting for him (and yes, there is a recognition that Mrs Clinton is not much loved).

21. IronWaffle macrumors 6502

IronWaffle

“I will say this about Hillary: She doesn’t quit. She doesn’t give up. I respect that. I tell it like it is. She’s a fighter, I disagree with much of what she’s fighting for, I do disagree with her judgment in many cases, but she does fight hard and she doesn’t quit and she doesn’t give up and I consider that to be a very good trait.” -- Donald J. Trump, who tells it like it is.

Source (posted 10/10/2016): http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ates-say-one-nice-thing-about-each-other.html

Eloquently stated.

22. mooblie macrumors 6502

mooblie

Pretty much nails it from where I stand.

23. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Actor? So they don't believe she is sincere? What is the job of an actor? To convince the audience of playing a role that is not the truth.

Or another definition, that I quickly found online, to help make sure I actually understood the word and its meaning:

Merely responding to the word you used and what it rather implies. Maybe you used it incorrectly? Or I used the wrong definition, which is quite possible...

24. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Yeah - not be rude but I dont give a flying fock what Europe, Asia or anyone else thinks of us. Its quite ovious that they have plenty of their own issues that are caused by their crap politics and whatever else. Suck it.

25. Scepticalscribe, Oct 13, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2016

Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

As should be pretty clear from my post, I am using the term 'actor' in the sense of someone 'who is a participant in a process' and who, in this context, is someone who is a 'player' on the world stage, someone who has - and plays - a role in the public eye, and I had assumed that this meaning was made quite clear from the content and context of my post.

In case there is a (deliberate) misunderstanding, - and I suspect your attempt to draw attention to this term is disingenuous, there is no implication of "insincerity", rather, merely a reference to a context in which one wears a 'public face' when out in the world as a professional......person participating in a (public, political) process.

--- Post Merged, Oct 13, 2016 ---
    Such eloquence, erudition, grace, and wit. The Founding Fathers have nothing on you.

Er, yes, your post is rude, but I doubt that troubles you.

However, it also shows a lamentable lack of appreciation of the joys of the English language, and a profound contempt for countries with which the US has had friendly - or, at least, amicable - relations for quite some time.

In truth, it is not as though you (the US, that is) are short of ill-wishers.

And, in that context, insulting friends, allies, those who are on your side some of the time, doesn't strike me as an example of stellar diplomacy.

Oh: One further thing: Our politics aren't 'crap'; they might be occasionally somewhat imperfect, but it is quite a long time since a European electorate fell for the dubious charms of a narcissistic nutcase, or was even offered such,, as a candidate on a ballot paper, by a political party that purported to be a serous political party in pursuit of political office.