Trump isn't adjusting well to life in the White House

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Feb 20, 2017.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/trump-isnt-adjusting-well-life-153656905.html
    he should have done just a bit of research into what happens when you become POTUS. as a millionaire things are far different since he is now working for the public as opposed to being free to do as he pleases.

2. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I really don't think he expected or even wanted to win.

3. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

play stupid games/win stupid prizes.................................. :p

4. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Just starting expanding the WH, put a Sam and Harry's off the east wing.

5. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Oh he definitely played a game with the country. But to him it was just Trump being Trump and who would take me seriously. I just like free press.... Oh what I won?

6. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

The Trump voters are who played a stupid game. Unfortunately the prize they won belongs to all of us.

7. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I honestly wonder if he paws at the door when it's time to go outside....

8. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

This is pretty obvious given his vacations every weekend.

9. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Honestly there are times when I feel sorry for the man, for he's going to be eaten alive by the scrutiny he receives now, but then I think about some of the things he's said and done and I just figure it's divine justice. POTUS - not just a day job.

10. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I think you meant the DNC played a stupid game. worst politician ever to run against the worst society had to offer.

11. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

12. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

13. samcraig macrumors P6

Trump will soon build a fast food chain inside and rename it The White Castle.

14. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

That too. There's no dearth of stupidity went on in the run-up to the 2016 elections.

15. b0fh666 macrumors 6502a

b0fh666

first 2 months are the worst, then it gets better. hang in there cheeto.

16. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

17. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Well we sure found out at least that he gets triggered if someone says "anti-Semitic" --- even if the larger phrase offered up goes something like "no one in our community has accused you of being anti-Semitic...."

He seized on that trigger word the other day, interrupted the reporter's question and gave the most nonsensical and self-centered non-answer I've ever heard in my life to a soft pitch about what was his response to news there'd been numerous bomb threats made to Jewish community centers in the past few weeks.

"He said he was going to ask a easy question — okay sit down I understand the rest of your question. Folks, number one, I am the least anti-semitic person that you have seen in your entire life. Number two, racism. The least racist.

We did relatively well — quiet, quiet, quiet — see he lied about what was going to be a very straight simple question. I hate the charge. I find it repulsive, I hate even the question because people that know me and you heard the prime minister, you heard Netanyahu yesterday, did you hear him Bibi, he said I've known Donald Trump for a long time and said forget it so you should take that instead of getting up and asking a very insulting question like that. Just shows you about the press but that's the way the press is."

Any pol worth his salt could have rattled off in his sleep a decent if formulaic response to a question about threats to Jewish community centers. Trump went off on a tangent about how he wasn't anti-Semitic. The reporter had started out by acknowledging Trump was a zayde (grandpa) to Jewish kids and so what about a response to the threats... duh.... yet Trump comes off insulted by a nonexistent "charge" of anti-Semitism and assures us that even Bibi Netanyahu doesn't think Trump's anti-Semitic.

Oy vey iz mir, Donny. I too can look around and realize that "some of my best friends are Jews."

Once again, it's all about Donald Trump.

Result of that insanity: Jewish communities in the USA remain variously annoyed, fearful, angry at seemingly being ignored after the threats. After all, many of the centers offer day care to children.

By turning that reporter's question into an insult, taking offense, and providing an increasingly incoherent response, all Donald Trump did was point out anew how he can be baited, even when there is no intent to bait but to ask the President to respond to concerns over threats made to a minority community. It was a fat pitch, really. It was an opportunity to show clear disavowal of bigots from his bully pulpit. But no.

Maybe it's a game they play in WH inner circles. "Turn this question into an insult so you can retaliate".

I would point out to Mr. Trump that he does indeed have Jewish grandchildren, so in failing to answer the question, he sounds like he doesn't care about them. He left them defended by an assurance that he himself is no anti-Semite. How nice. May he live long and leave plenty big bucks to build walls around them.

Meanwhile those grandkids of Donald Trump can read someday the feedback from the editor of the filthy neoNazi rag Daily Stormer; it was an anthem of ecstatic praise of Trump's entire presser on Thursday as "one of the greatest things I’ve ever witnessed in my life. From start to finish, it was simply beautiful. He blasted the media, the Jews, Mexicans, Obama – all of his/our enemies.”

What an idiot we elected to our highest office.

18. Rhonindk macrumors 68020

Rhonindk

An aide.... this kind of flies in the face to the workaholic portrait we have been getting from more than a couple of sources. Not sure how much "truth" is in that ....

19. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

indeed, Hillary knows just how Bernie felt :D

20. Rhonindk macrumors 68020

Rhonindk

Not sure about now, but White Castle used to be pretty tasty. We don't have them out here on the left coast :(

21. appleisking macrumors 6502a

What a fool. With his kind of money he could own all those restaurants around that block and have him bring the days specials straight to his door three times a day. Instead he let his ego choose the worst job in the world.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 20, 2017 ---
    Even workaholics have their guilty pleasures m. I assume this more about the lack of choices and freedom he has now that he's POTUS as opposed to not being able to enjoy the NYC fine dining menu.

22. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

It's interesting to think that a guy who's in the Oval Office now may have thought the whole gig was a contest where there's a prize at the end, you win it, they applaud, you bow and leave the stage, they cut the ilghts and the taping's over and you go back to your day job. I really don't think Trump thought he'd win that "prize" and if so, it must sometimes feel like a millstone he's carrying on his back.

Harry Truman once called the White House "the crown jewel of the federal penal system". Trump may feel similarly but at leat Truman knew from his VP experience that the job was going to be a slog and the place a virtual prison sometimes. It seems to be coming as more of a surprise to Mr. Trump, even if Obama warned him, which he was probably kind enough to do in their transition chats.

23. Michael Scrip macrumors 601

It must also be tough to be a "weekend dad" and "weekend husband" to his young son and wife.

Family is important.

24. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

What are the leash laws in DC and who gets to pick up after him?

25. Rhonindk macrumors 68020

Rhonindk