Trump "isn't ready" to support Paul Ryan & John McCain's primaries

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by IronWaffle, Aug 2, 2016.

1. IronWaffle macrumors 6502

IronWaffle

File under: Trumpiness

Full article here.

2. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

McCain's been called a nut so many times over the years, in more polite and less polite ways from people in big positions...

3. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Trump wants a puppet that will put his idiotic ideas to the floor of the house.

4. Robisan macrumors 6502

Such a thin-skinned, petulant child. Thinks he's so clever using the same 'not ready yet' that Ryan used with him.

5. boast macrumors 65816

boast

That's great that he isn't toeing the party line.

6. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

7. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Both of them should be put out. McCain because he's been there for 30 years. Ryan because he's too spineless and bailed on TEA party principles.

8. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

Good. Time for McCain to retire and Ryan has only proved he's just a different version of milk toast.

9. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Seriously! Never thought to buy stock in headache remedies before this election. GOP must be living on the stuff even if Clinton's crew also has their moments. All combined, based on estimated consumption by both major parties, we here could all be rich or at least in the middle class by now if we had picked up a couple hunded shares of whoever makes headaches fade for an hour.

If you're in the trenches on either side this season, it is going to be a tough slog every day. Me, I confess to getting out of bed in the morning lately with a little thrill of anticipation about what will be in the news briefings in my email and twitter setups. But on reflection, usually around suppertime, I start thinking about how some of this stuff flies in other countries. Never seen the US be so out of control with its public remarks by elected officials in my life.

10. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Trump is trying really hard to help out the Democrats by replacing Ryan and McCain with unelectable candidates.

11. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

I'm ambivalent about McCain. I like him personally, and I enjoy him when he's grumpy and out-of-sorts, but this has to be his last campaign. As for Ryan, I'd chuck him for being a irresolute flake, not on Tea party principles—because those were dumb—but because he couldn't negotiate the waters to either become a good solider for Trump or fight an insurgency. Now his waffling means a Trump presidency will crush him, but he's won no love from the #nevertrump campaign or Democrats.

Yep. McCain faces a tough fight with Kelli Ward, and should he lose, it's doubtful that Ward can pull it off against Kirkpatrick. Potentially, Trump might be creating such a down-ticket chaos that should he win the White House—shudder—he'll face a Democratic Congress with Mitch McConnell's playbook in hand.

12. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Seems his comments on Ryan really stirred up the establishment. They were OK with all his other **** but not supporting Ryan? Rumors of a mass repudiation of Trump. All that's left at this point is for the final NTSB report on the trainwreck.

13. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

That might explain most modern Presidents come out of office with gray hair! o_O

14. hiddenmarkov macrumors 6502a

McCain to be stand up has been anti-Trump day 1 (not even fake nut swinging in case he won, I give him props for that).

Paul Ryan iirc was the dark horse secret back out plan some were theorizing would be given the nod if the exit strategy of pulling some freaky stuff at the convention if it reached contested race and some rules looked over hard happened.

Sadly the other campaigns failscaded long before convention...so there was no contest to try this and not look bad. Not much of a secret eventually, the rumblings so loud he did press conferences to say please stop this talk.

Basically trump is being a petty prick and trying to make 2 problems (for him) go away if possible. expect more of this really.

15. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I think the main issue is the anti military stance Trump has taken. So he's going to lose the minority vote and the military vote. He's screwed.

16. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Etymology
    From cascading failure.

Verb
    failscade ‎(third-person singular simple present failscades, present participle failscading, simple past and past participle failscaded)
    1. (slang, Internet, video games) to cause or undergo the quick demise of or as a large online social group

Thanks! I learned a new word today. I like it.

17. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

18. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

He's not losing the military vote. Not by a long shot. More leftist wishful thinking.

19. Huntn, Aug 3, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2016

Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

As far as The Donald, this continuing effort to attack his own party :rolleyes: adds weight to the narrcacisist sociopath claim directed at him. Simply stated, it's all about him. He is the only one that is important and declared himself the leader of the Republican Party, although he needs to win the election before he can make that claim, while he gleefully burns all his bridges to the GOP establishment.

Yeah as a veteran, watching the military have to endure over a decade of war, I love all the Trump trash talk about the military being a mess and needs to be rebuilt, plus the prospect of a CIC who seems to hanker for a fight, and wondering why can't we use nukes? :rolleyes:

20. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Reports that Priebus is trying to stage an intervention with Gingrich and Giuliani. Christie is still angry over the VP slot. To be a fly on the wall there.

21. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Intervention, a term reserved for helping troubled individuals find their way. And he's the GOP nominee? :oops: Republican folks, time to cut your losses, lets save a mountain of grief, party loyalty (is it still your party?) should not rank above your country should it?

22. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I travel to a lot of military bases and work with a LOT of military people (mostly Navy). From my observations (probably about 500 enlisted military people spread over about 10 bases) Trump has the military vote locked up. Not a single person I have come in contact with is voting for Hillary.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 3, 2016 ---
    Hillary needs an invertention. She needs to start attending som L.S. Meetings (Liars Annonymous). She has a sickness and I am truly worried about her.

23. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

So now Pence endorses Ryan? The VP candidate just stepped on the toes of the guy at the top of the ticket? You couldn't make this **** show up if you dropped acid.

24. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Does Mike Pence know he's Donald Trump's running mate?

Mike Pence said he “strongly” supports the re-election of House Speaker Paul Ryan

Pence met with McCain earlier today.