Trump: It is a waste of time to negotiate with North Korea

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by RootBeerMan, Oct 1, 2017.

1. ItnStln Suspended

None of those apply to me especially (b).

2. niploteksi macrumors regular

Source this or it's going to be assumed to be like one of your Bin Ladin / ISIS training camps tales. Classified government information isn't valid here!

3. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

That’s the least important detail.

4. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Are you advocating ANOTHER FRICK’N WAR? Just curious.

5. Phonephreak macrumors 6502a

Phonephreak

WTF.:mad: If WWIII happens god help us.

6. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

No, I am not advocating.
    I just think it’s inevitable and the more we wait the worst it is.

7. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

Hmm. Personally, I don't see NK doing well economically into the future, especially if China finally decides to cut off their lifeline of support.

So yeah, the more we wait, the better the chances of NK collapsing internally. The previous presidents were doing things right by kicking it down the road; this is a question that will be solved (or not solved) by the choices China makes, not by us.

The only inevitability I see right now is that Trump will make things worse...

8. ItnStln, Oct 4, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2017

ItnStln Suspended

Perhaps to you but not to my mistress as she calls herself

9. ItnStln Suspended

And what authority are you to state what information can and cannot be used?

10. niploteksi macrumors regular

Only in America are military personel hanging around the office and talking about classified material about Mi6, Bin Ladin conspiracies and secret ISIS training camps in the US, then only to go home with their buddies to shoot bump stocks and post classified information on Macrumors PRSI.

I'm just trying to look out for you, bud. However, the penis-source was a joke and I apologize for demanding a source on it.

11. Zenithal macrumors G3

Yes, this if, of course, MacRumors, and not MacRumors Swingers and Wizzlers Dating Service.

12. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

If we were talking about a “regular” dictatorial country I would agree with you. It is my firm belief that NK is an exception to every rule, different even than old Albania. Kim Jong Un must have so many domestic pressures that sooner or later the pot will either release its steam or it will explode. I am afraid that unless the country collapses way before NK reaches capabilities of scary proportions, Kim will do anything to stay in power or leave with a bang. He’s not like Saddam ready to die for the country... Kim thinks that his country should die for him. And NK’s system is designed specifically for that purpose.

I strongly, strongly suggest you to watch Under The Sun, a documentary available on Netflix. I loved it becaue it’s shot in NK without any commentary whatsoever (just remember to put the English subtitles on; I didn’t do it and I watched the first 15 minutes in Korean thinking that it was some sort of artistic trickery). I promise you won’t regret it, and I also promise that you will be very saddened in watching how the poor 8-year old Zin Mi is forced to act as a happy kid in the name of the Students Union and the Great Leader. (@Scepticalscribe if you haven’t seen it, do watch it). The rating on Rotten Tomatoes is 93%, which is a testament to this superior work.

Here’s a neat review by the LA Times, http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...-sun-north-korea-doc-20160705-snap-story.html .

Let’s hope Mattis is handling the situation :)

13. ItnStln Suspended

If WWIII happens than I hope President Trump has the balls to run it like a war and not for political use. Further I hope he doesn't tie his Gererals' and Admirals' hands like obama did.

14. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

Right, because those are the only two options: Endless talks, or all-out nuclear war. No in-between, no other options. :rolleyes:

15. ItnStln Suspended

I don't know where you got the impression that all of those conversations happened at my office. Although you'd be surprised to hear the conversations that we have. For the most part if it's not work related it's either shooting related or talk that would give an HR person a lot of work to do.
    Thankd! As for the penis-source I'd give you references but it'll be a long distance call from Sweden, and you might get yelled at for mentioning my name.

16. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

Nuclear Talk! :)

17. CaptMurdock Suspended

CaptMurdock

Such as?

18. niploteksi macrumors regular

You mentioned colleges in the matter of mi6 and Trump (or something) so I just assumed that Bin Ladin being alive and the ISIS training camps came from the same sources.

19. ItnStln Suspended

No, I read something an MI6 agent wrote about Russia not being behind the attack and my source on Osama Bin Laden being dead before the SEAL Team 6 raid is a former classmate who is in the intelligence community. I also saw reports online but haven't been on my personal computer where they're bookmarked in at least a week. The person who mentioned the ISIS training camps is a legal administrator assigned to my office and I don't think he would knowingly spread false information. If it isn't true than someone he consoders reliable told him as well.

20. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

Lots of stuff!

- Why are American troops on the NK border, and American bombers circling their skies? I doubt NK would be as interested in the US if they weren't spending every minute of every day staring down the barrels of our guns.

- Engagement. Some people say that all NK wants is to be treated as a legitimate state. So, why not try that? If it doesn't work, it isn't like we lose anything; we'd just revert back to the status quo.

- China. Ultimately, it is China which allowed North Korea to become a country back in the 1950s, and it is China that has propped up the country since then. It is also China which keeps the US from invading, and similarly why NK tries so hard to act belligerent in the attempt to make the US act preemptively, in the attempt to drag China into a war on NK's side. Should China ever decide to act against NK, that will spell the end for Kim.

21. niploteksi macrumors regular

I see. Well, basically the information (except on Trump) comes from the US military.

22. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Actual from our side there’s talk to resolve issues or there is war. And if Supreme Leader says there is no reason to talk, what the heck do you think his strategy is? And I don’t think anyone including myself has said what you just stated, although when the first mushroom grows, the potential increases for nuclear Armageddon.

23. ItnStln Suspended

I forgot there aren't other intelligence agencies in the intelligence community. My former classmate isn't military and I'm not sure where my legal administrator got his information to know if said source was military or not.

24. niploteksi macrumors regular

OK then :)

25. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

Who do you think would push the button and fire first? Kim or Trump?