Trump Jr's Skittles Tweet Goes Horribly Awry

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Sep 20, 2016.

1. samcraig, Sep 20, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2016

samcraig macrumors P6

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

My reply to Junior on Twitter.

I'd just take the three out, dumbass.

[​IMG]

3. nfl46 macrumors 603

The one in the middle creeps me out. He wants to be like daddy SO bad. Ivaka is the only likable one.

4. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

I always felt like Don Jr. Has always had the leg up on the younger Eric. Out of the three of them I suspect Ivanka has the most brains and will do the best. Then there's Trumps forgotton daughter, Tiffany, who is she again? Baron the youngest, is practically Trumps grandson. I can only suspect he will be treated as such and be the most dysfunctional. It must be weird when your dad is 60 years older and your big brother is 28 older.

Eric Trump has always reminded me of a gargoyle. Little known fact: he's actually employed by his father as the cheif gargoyle at the top of the Trump Tower property in Midtown Manhattan. While Eric Trump (ET...? Hmmm) may be great at deflecting rainwater off the side of the building, he's little use deflecting delusional/psychotic young men with suction cups.

Okay, I'll stop being mean. Sorry Eric.

5. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

I've always laughed when Trump says he hires women at his companies and they uses Ivanka as an example. I'm pretty sure that she works for him because she's his daughter.

6. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

7. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

It's not a great one. If I were Skittles, I wouldn't like my product attached to such a statement.

8. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Again, meh. It happens all the time.
    Apple is used to talk about spoiled millennials.
    Comey testified to congress mentioning Google and Gmail as "bad" examples.
    Skittles and bad apples are used in a plethora of examples.
    Coke and McD's are used as examples for society's bad stuff etc.

9. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

10. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Regardless of my disagreements with some of their fathers' policies and actions, I don't recall ever disliking any President's children.

Ronald Reagan's kids grew on me over time, especially Ron jr. Amy Carter and Chelsea Clinton seemed like normal (if a little gawky) teenage girls. G.W. Bush's daughters brushes with authority seemed forgivable lapses. And the Obama daughters have been models of decorum.

Those Trump boys would almost certainly break that streak. They seem like spoiled, arrogant jerks.

[​IMG]

11. MarkusL macrumors 6502

How about George HW Bush's kids?

12. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Oh and one more thing....
    This makes me proud of my country. Poison pills and zealot killers be damned, I'm glad we can make a positive change in their lives. Hopefully this will spread.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37412117
    Worth the 2 mins to watch.

13. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Does anyone find this picture something motivational or inspiring, if it was you, something you'd hang on your mantle? It's almost like hugging your dead kitty. :rolleyes:

14. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

What makes it even more pathetic (if possible) is the photographer is a refugee himself and is pissed that trump used his pic for this

15. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Did he sell/give away the copyright? If so, he has nothing to complain about.

16. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I can see why Bill Maher calls him Douchebag Von F***face.

17. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Yes, the douche never falls far from the bag.

18. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

not that I know of He did say he would not take a payment from trump for it. (can't blame here there)

19. vrDrew macrumors 65816

The photograph was originally published on Flickr; which gives people a variety of options under Creative Commons licensing. Many people make images available for "non-commercial" use - meaning you can use it in a school project or similar. Whether a Twitter account for a Presidential campaign counts as "non-commercial" or not is up for debate.

However, in the case of the image that Eric Trump stole from Twitter, the photographer tagged it as All Rights Reserved meaning:

And that's the thing about people like Trump, père et fils, when it comes to the law and other people's property. How long do you think Eric Trump would tolerate somebody squatting in a vacant Trump apartment or hotel room? And yet they think nothing of using other people's intellectual property without permission.

20. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

If he put it in a place with Creative Commons licensing the "All Rights Reserved" is superseded (as long as he had the original rights).

21. vrDrew macrumors 65816

No, it's not.

People are certainly free to look at the pictures posted on Flickr without restriction. But the Creative Commons license is strictly optional, and merely provides a mechanism for people who do want to allow their work to be used by others to maintain varying degrees of control over it.

22. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

23. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

In another unsurprising development, the Trump campaign, Donald Trump Jr. specifically, stole the image used in that tweet. It was posted on Flickr under copyright protection. Also, the photographer is a former refugee himself. It would absolutely be worth my time to sue.

24. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

For the record. I don't like Skittles, I prefer M&M's.