Trump knew.... and tried to brush the hacking under the rug

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Jan 10, 2017.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

2. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

ha, nothing but "fake" news.

3. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

What would have him do? He was a candidate not the POTUS.

"By July, law enforcement and intelligence agencies were sure that Russian intelligence hackers had breached the Democratic National Committee. A debate began inside the administration about what to do next."

LINK

I have no belief that the Russians did anything.

4. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. zin macrumors 6502

What do you mean by he 'knew about the hacks'? Has he claimed that he didn't know about the hacks?

6. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

well, EVERYONE should have known, hell now even the Russians are cooperating with the FBI it seems
    so to recap, the FBI and Russia ,,,,,, er Russian MEMOS point to trump........how DARE he ignore that? if the Russians OR the FBI wanted to seriously implicate trump, they should have "tweeted" about it instead of just making memos :p

7. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

If we knew, he knew. That's not saying anything. It was all over the place. It's not his business to stop it just as it's not his fault it happened.

8. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

That's getting old.

Your posting of memes instead of having a real dialogue is getting old too

He denied there were hacks. Several times. Do you pay selective attention to news? I thought you were heavily invested in all things 2016 USA election. I'm shocked!
    --- Post Merged, Jan 10, 2017 ---
    No. But denying it or trying to misdirect is his business and fault.

Doing or saying nothing is being complicit.

9. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

aw come'on, he could have "tweeted" for them to stop :p

Dec 13 2016
    http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presi...y-no-evidence-russia-tampered-votes-election/

10. oneMadRssn, Jan 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2017

oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

I think the greater issue, as always, is that a Trump is a brazen liar.

The things he is saying this week are directly contradicted by the the public intelligence report on the Russian hacking. It's a public document, we can all read it, and we all know it came from the intelligence agencies. Yet he is saying things about the intelligence agencies' assessments that are demonstratively false, and he knows them to be false. He is a brazen liar.

The trouble is that the intelligence agencies don't typically release public reports. This one is an exception because Obama ordered it. Typically, the intelligence agencies just talk to the president, who then communicates the information to the public. If we know Trump is a brazen liar that will just simply not tell the truth, we will pretty much not know what the intelligence agencies are thinking for four years.

If the existence of a public report contradicting what he's saying doesn't stop him from lying about the contents of that same report, then any communication from Trump should be assumed to be untrue.

11. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

"Fake News" was hot when Clinton and the NY Times were parroting it, what happened?

12. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

you are posting fake news that are seemingly based on unsupported russian memos..................from the Clinton News Network....

13. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

"Unnamed source" aka we literally have trained monkeys locked in a room typing.

14. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

15. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Exactly this.

Everyone else in this thread (thus far) simply doesn't get the impact of what the report means. Too busy chasing down memes or trying to be clever.

16. DrewDaHilp1, Jan 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2017

DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

17. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

what part of "they are lying to you" is hard to get? Russian memos? seriously? the agencies mentioned produced exactly NOTHING, no proof whatsoever .
    how DARE you say such things? it say's "confidential" right in the documents............ANYONE can load documents there
    https://www.documentcloud.org/

18. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Enjoy living in denial.

19. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

the GOVT has presented NOTHING to show Russian interference, Clinton News Network is pointing at Russian MEMOS, can YOU please tell me HOW did CNN acquire those "memos"?? you further link to a site where anyone can load articles, what you linked does not even have an agencies name on it.

20. zin macrumors 6502

The only person living in denial here is you. Denial of reality. You are so anti-Trump that you have grasped onto anonymously uploaded Word documents reported on by CNN, citing anonymous sources, involving memos that were crafted by anti-Trump Republicans and Democrats as campaign opposition research, using Russian sources, and have not even been vetted by anybody.

You know, I thought it was insane to take the DHS 'hacking' report seriously, given the absence of any evidence in it, but now you're actually taking this seriously as well, which stoops to an even lower standard. You have officially gone off the deep end, my friend...

21. Foggydog macrumors 6502

Foggydog

I laughed so hard I did my own hacking.
    I just don't know about you, sometimes I love your posts, and sometimes I loath them.
    But for sure, I'll keep coming back for more :p

22. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

What company do those documents supposedly belong to?

23. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

https://www.buzzfeed.com/kenbensing...ties-to-russia?utm_term=.kjLdXn34O#.gjzrgYlAj

Part of these docs were given to Trump and Obama. And the full report was given to other agencies.

Deny them all you want. If nothing else, you would think people would be calling for an investigation. But no - you'd rather laugh off the report as fake and having zero merit. Go ahead. You're entitled.

Personally, I'll bookmark this thread for later...
    It's not denial. It's called having an open mind. I never said what was contained was irrefutable. And given your stance on Hillary, I don't think you should talk about being blind by anti-someone.

I want a real and thorough investigation. Anyone in this country should.

24. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

"A dossier making explosive — but unverified — allegations that the Russian government has been “cultivating, supporting and assisting” President-elect Donald Trump for years and gained compromising information about him has been circulating among elected officials, intelligence agents, and journalists for weeks."

Is this the Dems version of the Obama birth certificate?

The hacking claims didn't work they way they thought. Now they pop up with these documents after the fact in attempt to de-legitimize the election results.