Trump launches "Real News" Show

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Aug 1, 2017.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

2. SusanK macrumors 68000

3. TMRJIJ macrumors 68030

TMRJIJ

Please... I'm just going to keep watching Philip Defranco and continue my never-ending search for a real and unbiased news outlet.

4. darksithpro macrumors 6502

What's wrong with him exercising his 1st amendment right? It's only ok with you guys if it's negative news about him? Free speech and freedom of the press goes both ways.

5. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Yeah. That's the problem I have with it. You hit the nail on the head. :rolleyes:

6. eatrains macrumors regular

It's so hard to differentiate reality from parody these days.

7. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

Good for him, it'll be the most popular news segment in the history or televsion, ever, I mean huge.

8. darksithpro macrumors 6502

Why is it ok for the Liberal MSM to hit him with negative press 24/7, but you shockingly have no words, out of some form of outrage, and or disgust? Ever hear of McCarthyism?

9. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

Poor, poor Donnie

10. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Keep creating a bigger straw man. It's funny.

11. darksithpro macrumors 6502

I'm serious, why are you outraged the POTUS an his supporters are exercising their 1st amendment right to free speech? It's not hate speech. It's a constitutionally protected right for ALL Americans, weather you agree, or not.

12. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

You do know he has twitter? and the boy scouts? we know he lies liek a dog when he says stuff so how is this going to be different but a big lie fest?

13. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

I'm outraged? I had no idea. I find it sad actually. That a POTUS - any POTUS, who can hold press conferences any time he wants. Who has weekly briefings that are aired and who creates a weekly address now has a news "show" hosted by a relative to "combat" fake news considering a lot of fake news comes right from POTUS himself.

I never implied he couldn't do it. Again - you're building a lot of straw man... it's very amusing.

14. darksithpro macrumors 6502

What does that have to do with his news show? In your mind is he only allowed twitter?

15. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

his twitter is his news brief.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 1, 2017 ---
    you do know there is a daily news brief? wait it is all lying news I forget.

16. darksithpro macrumors 6502

You created the thread and made the comment. Why is this such a big deal? Do you not support the 1st amendment, or does that only apply to sites and broadcasters that are only inline with your way of thinking?

17. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

No - he has facebook. And instagram. I don't think he's using LinkedIn much. Maybe he should blog there.

The issue isn't social channel. It's the content. He's already fighting the news with his alternative (and sometime honest) facts via a variety of videos and other types of content.
    I created a thread. How does that equate to outrage? Do you know what outrage means? Do you know what a straw man argument is? Where did I say this was a big deal. I find it sad. And you keep wanting to make this about me not supporting the 1A? Hilarious. You keep missing the point.

18. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

Eyup! Sux to be Pres & have people say mean stuff about you, and have to take it like a president.
    [​IMG]

o_O It's the nature of the job! If you can't take people saying mean things about you, maybe politics isn't for you.

It might also help to not constantly feed the 24 news cycle with scandal, an ever rotating administration, and a rather violent aversion to the truth.
    We've had this discussion before. You are automatically outraged when you have a dissenting opinion to some others... usually on the right.

19. darksithpro macrumors 6502

You guys call him a dictator sometimes, yet when he, or his supporters exert their right to free speech through social media, you guys go into full Dictator mode, verbally attacking him and his supporters like a borg collective. It's really sad actually. It shows the hypocrisy here.

20. poloponies, Aug 1, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2017

poloponies Suspended

It's not speech, it's propaganda. Speech (as far as the leader of the nation is concerned) is when there's a fair exchange of information to the press. With press briefing video camera embargoes and Huckabee Jr. deciding which questions will be answered, there is no free speech with regard to the White House. One-sided speech is always problematic, regardless of which side is doing the speaking.
    The hypocrisy starts at the top. This sh!tbird spent 8 years harping on the legitimacy of Obama's birth, suggesting that he was a Muslim, all the while hiding behind "people say" or "I've heard." He's a propagandist and proven liar. The evidence is before you every day on the liar part yet you refuse to acknowledge it. Slurp up all the propaganda you want but don't try to convince us it's the unblemished truth.

21. darksithpro macrumors 6502

Then don't watch it. That still doesn't give you guys the right to attack someone, or a group just because you don't agree with the content? Again it's a constitutionally protected right for everyone, not just the ones you agree with. If you're an atheist, does that give you the right to be vocally outraged there's a church down the road and publicly condemn the church goers and call them stupid? Wouldn't that equate to hate speech?

22. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

so free speech is only for the donald huh? if we say anything it is attacking if he attacks others it is free speech?

23. TMRJIJ macrumors 68030

TMRJIJ

I don't know how we came from Trump's News Show to Trump Dictatorship but everyone here is exercising their free speech.. by verbally insulting the President. If you don't like it, don't read. Works both ways. From what I read in your posts, you seem to be biased as well so... :p

24. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Who calls him a dictator? What's sad is your straw man arguments.

Funny how the 1A works. Talk about hypocrisy.

25. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

It shouldn't be called "real news." It's a Presidential address. It's a fireside chat. But, don't call it news.

Finally, It's dopey propaganda that you never would have accepted from Obama.

But, sure. Let him do it. He'll probably end up braiding one of the ropes that will hang him.