Trump Lies About Obama's Speech

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Mac'nCheese, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

He's incapable of telling the truth, even for **** that doesn't matter. All stems from his fragile teenage ego.

3. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Obama looked like an assclown who couldn't control the crowd, no one respects him. If you watch his speech he reminds me of a dad threatening to pull over the car to his kids, but the kids know he's full of ****.

4. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502

Bug-Creator

10 point awarded to Zombie Arcon for deflection.

Wether Obama can control a crowd or should have acted different is of no concern as he will be the lame-duck president in 3 days.

Now one of the candidates lying bout something such trivial despite evidence to the opposite on easy to obtain "tape" actually does shed a rather bad light on what kindof person might get voted into the white house.

5. vrDrew macrumors 65816

I don't think Donald Trump - and apparently a good number of his supporters - understand the first thing about leadership.

Leadership isn't telling the crowd what they want to hear. Any fool can shout "free pizza!" or "lock her up!". That's not leadership. Leadership is persuading your audience to do the right thing. To summon forth the better angels of our nature.

People are (rightly) complaining about the ugly nature of this campaign. Well, if they are looking for the source of this, they can look no further than Donald J. Trump. A disgusting individual who has built his entire campaign on appeals to hatred, division, violence, and dishonesty. About building walls, about torture, about plunder, theft, selfishness, and greed.

Leadership means being the grownup in the room. And leadership means telling a crowd - even if it's your crowd, especially if it's your crowd - that booing and violence are not the answer. They don't solve anything. Obama was right to tell the people in that room the only proper response to the hatred and lies of Donald Trump is this: Vote.

That's the way we do things in this country.

6. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

No one listened to him, he was almost losing his **** telling them to quiet down.

7. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

It's absolutely alarming that virtually half the country is giving this walking disaster of a human being a pass while making up BS about his opponent. Integrity = ZERO. Sorry about sounding like a broken record, but this country maybe in deep ****. :oops:

8. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

And yet the message he was trying to get across was far more Presidential then Trump has ever exhibited.

9. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Wishful thinking on the part of the righties.

The fact is, crowds that go to see genuine statesmen like Obama are FED UP with BS from the Trumplings. I'm not surprised that the crowd got angry.

You know what you didn't see? You didn't see the crowd get out of control, like Trump's. You didn't see Obama egging them on, as Trump would. You didn't see anyone take a swing at the protestor or hurl him to the ground, like they do at Trump's rallies. You did see Obama get the crowd under control. You did see Obama defend the man's right to an opinion.

That is presidential behavior. That is leadership. Not like Donald and his childish Trumper tantrums.

10. appleisking macrumors 6502a

You Trumpets are seriously criticizing him for protecting a Trump supporter from the backlash of a group. If Trump did this you all would be praising him. Talk about bias.

11. MadeTheSwitch, Nov 6, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2016

MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Interesting how no Trump supporter is coming in here justifying or defending this lie. I guess you guys understand that what he said is total BS. But then how do you support someone who spews a continual stream of BS about people and events? How do you seperate fact from fiction? It's not presidential.

12. samcraig macrumors P6

So back on topic - what do you think of Trump lying about this?

13. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

14. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

15. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

You have to understand that rank partisans will attack Obama no matter what.

And, as such their opinions are about as useful as a screen door on a submarine.

Meanwhile, it's clear to anyone not actually crazy that Trump is lying about the interaction between Obama and the protestor.

Trump is a reflexive liar. He lies. Constantly.

16. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

What's your point? I don't think anyone has ever argued that Trump was a good candidate, just better than the criminal running against him.

17. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

My point was just what I said. As for being better then Hillary, that's entirely subjective.

18. samcraig macrumors P6

The thread title could have ended with the word lies.

19. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

I think you've missed watching certain television shows. I won't call these shows news because they aren't news shows. But people have argued that he is a good candidate and that only he can make 'merica great again. Not only that, people have also argued that he is a great businessman and that proves he can run the country (like a business of course).