Trump lies, doesn't believe in America first.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by HEK, Jan 27, 2017.

1. HEK Suspended

HEK

Trump wants to be able to buy from Mexico, China, Pakistan, for his line of Trump clothes and such. If Trump is so America first, why doesn't he show by example and buy American. His daughter Ivanka does same thing with her line of foreign made, Trump branded, junk she sells.

Trump makes the excuse that no one makes shirts in America. In truth, no one makes them as cheap in America. For the Don, profits are everything, made in America and American jobs are second or third at best on his list of priorities.

Come on Donald, I dare you to buy American only in your businesses. Prove the male bovine feces you spout is something you believe in. Sure it might hit your bottom line, but the public won't know since you keep your tax returns secret.

2. samcraig macrumors P6

Prior to the election it was "Well he doesn't have to lead by example - he's a business man not the President." Now I am sure the argument will be that his business isn't run by him - it's his sons. He has no control over it ;)

3. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

Buying American only would be the curse of death, the economy would implode. Balance is key and that is his position, create fair trade, ie, balance.

4. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

The issue of Trump's line of shirts is becoming a bit "frayed." We certainly "wrung it out" during the campaign. Now, if Trump were to use Chinese labor to manufacture a line of man-bras for blubber-tittied fellows like himself, I'd be outraged.

5. edk99 macrumors 6502a

I thought he gave all his businesses to his kids so why does this matter anymore.

6. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

It doesn't matter anymore. But these guys will use anything to attack Trump. It's just gross at this point.

7. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Of course it matter just because you don't care if trump breaks the law or looks like he is doing things wrong. Your just too obessed with Hillary to be in reality.

8. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

What law has he broken?

9. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

link to laws broken.

10. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Breaching a lease isn't against the law.
    Trump is not the CEO any longer.
    If he had broken the law criminal charges would be files, not lawsuits brought by bitter individuals. A breach of contract isn't breaking the law, it's breaching a contract,

11. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

Sure it is.
    So? He still benefits.
    Hah! Two words. Hillary. Emails.

And, of course, not everything illegal is criminal, and not every crime is prosecuted.

12. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

He didn't "give" his business to his kids. He said he would come back and fire his boys if they didn't run it right. You can't fire someone if you gave a business away.

Also, do you really think he is going to charge his sons a tariff on clothing that bears his name?

13. samcraig macrumors P6

I don't know - still waiting on proof that he has removed himself completely from his business. Last I read - it was "in the works."

14. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Yeah the Don, he's cagey. He's going to pick and choose where he cuts off trade and cuts new deals. Whatever works for him Makes America Great Again in his book.

What ticks me off is people talking up avocados as the main grocery item that tariffs will hit. It's not just avocados. A lot of northeast supermarkets source their tomatoes and greens from Mexico and other countries as well. Market carrots here are routinely from Canada. Will Donald stick a tariff on carrots from Quebec? Really? And what do they buy now from us? Maybe the US will become flyover country and Canadas just buys from Mexico. Maybe we can get jobs servicing the planes if they have to refuel on the ground... Maybe Mexico and Canada will cut a deal with Trump for the right of way to build a grand canal from Saskatoon to Juarez. Oooh, big jobs opportunity. Infrastructure jobs! Bite that bait!

Meanwhile Trump rants about Mexicans while we depend on Mexican labor to harvest veggies in Florida and milking cows in the Northeast US. If they leave, voluntarily or otherwise, the price of all that stuff goes up which is fine if higher priced labor will take the job, but that's doubtful. Once you're off the farm you don't miss doing backbreaking labor, which is why Mexicans are milking cows in upstate New York to begin with.

And if those same Mexicans could get a Somali to take their dairy job they'd already be running the deli department in a supermarket or managing inventory at a Tractor Supply. If they could find a born yankee to milk those cows, we'd be back in the 1980s before my nextgen and all their peers left the boondocks for college and jobs elsewhere, seeing as how Reagan's trickle-down wasn't trickling down to them in the sticks as farms began to consolidate or go bust.

But who knows, the way The Don plans to run things, maybe those dairy jobs will start looking good again. When it costs everyone extra money to buy groceries every week (not just when frost kills some squash plants), there's that much less disposable income for the "extras" that are the lifeblood of an economy based on retail consumption.

So when the backlash from high tariffs hits the fan, and our kids lose their car salesman job or their Home Dep large appliances installation job, maybe they can milk cows in New England. It's scenic in Vermont. Even the cow pies are scenic once you get used to the fragrance.

All these bilateral trade agreements Trump proposes to cut instead of working in multilateral settings. What is the benefit to us? He gets to pick the countries in which he's interested in making deals so his businesses will benefit. But what happens when some other country takes the USA to court over a WTO issue? Trump shrugs and says to the State Department "So do you counter-sue or is it the DoJ? Anyway, go straighten this out." This guy has no clue. And who says other countries are eager to mess up their own trade arrangements by trying to negotiate something with a guy like Donald Trump? Maybe they too think they could make a better deal. And maybe they're right.

15. samcraig macrumors P6

Also consider that Target, WalMart and other big box retailers whose margins are small will have to raise prices - that won't bode well for middle america.

16. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Have you considered changing your avatar? Maybe a pile of lawbooks.

17. samcraig macrumors P6

I think you mean #alternativelawbooks

18. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Hundreds remember all the lost court cases? The university?

19. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

From about mid-way through Trump's campaign, I had a feeling he didn't understand that the president was the leader of a triangle... congress, senate, presidency. He seems to think its another CEO position. Checks and balances don't exist in his privately owned family business.

I do think he has a child-like idea of what the presidency is. When I was young, I thought the president was the richest, most powerful "king-like" figure in the world. Of course, the President is only as strong as his lawmakers and supporters. He's learning this the hard way.

People have talked of Trump running as long as almost 30 years ago. When you watch him in such interviews about the subject then, he's very humble, sound-minded and makes good points for both sides of the political aisle. I had issues with his candidacy, but what really caused me to raise a huge eyebrow was when he refused to denounce David Duke on CNN. He did later, but he really lost the last thread of hope he'd "at least be presidential if elected" when he refused to denounce him on-air.

I really wish he was just a rich celeb fighting with Rosie O'Donnell now.

But on the subject of the topic, he and his entire family have said he knows how to get the job done, make deals, make America great, etc. His son and son-in-law have kept an interview with Russia about dirt on Hillary secret from him. Trump says he only knew when the news aired it. So honesty in the family is not there. Every first-lady has their own issue they work on (I think with Barbara Bush it was reading, Michelle Obama was child-hood obesity). The absent Melania's is cyber-bullying... which is like the worst thing they could think of.

I'm actually exassperated at this presidency. I don't care if Trump is innocent or guilty, I just wish this Russia/Twitter/political divide would end.

20. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

That's the big misconception, he didn't give his business to his kids, they're just running it on his behalf. He still owns it.

21. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Yes, when Romney ran, he set up an actual blind trust (and released his tax returns). When Trump ran, he gave his kids (and himself) control (and didn't release his tax returns).

22. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

he did not give his business away he just made them in charge. its a big difference. remember this is a president who owes a russian bank 300 million dollars. one that right after he won settled a fraud case for a fraction of what he ripped people off. he is making money handover fist being president and not divesting.

23. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Only 7.3 years of these ****** threads left.

24. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

if hillary won it would be 10 times worse. hell she is still tops even after she lost with some.