Trump & Made In America Week

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Mac'nCheese, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

From the guy who sells stuff almost 100% made in other countries, comes MADE IN AMERICA WEEK. This guy sure is a piece of work.

"The president also is expected to issue a proclamation Wednesday on the importance of making goods in America, and will travel to Virginia on Saturday for the commissioning of the USS Gerald R. Ford, a new aircraft carrier.

"For too long our government has forgotten the American worker. Their interests were pushed aside for global projects and their wealth was taken from the communities and shipped overseas," said Ferre. "Under the leadership of President Donald Trump, not only will the American worker never be forgotten, but they will be championed.""

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/17/white-house-planning-made-in-america-week.html

2. samcraig macrumors P6

Well you see - before the election - it was ok because he didn't have to walk the walk because he wasn't President. Just a smart business man taking advantage to make a profit - and that's capitalism! Then after the election - it was because he didn't run his company - so he has no say.

Convenient ;)

3. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

If I were the White House, I'd feel superstitious about rolling out yet another theme week. Every time they do one, Trump steps in something that completely eclipses the theme rollout by Thursday morning.

For example: does anyone remember Infrastructure Week? Me either, but there was one and it kicked off May 15th. That was the week it leaked to media that the transition team's general counsel office had ordered the Trump transition team members to preserve all documents and other materials related to the Russian medding with the 2016 election.

Some other theme week competed for attention with the James Comey hearings. I pay attention to lots of news but I can't even think of the name of that week's White House theme.

4. samcraig macrumors P6

Unless Trump, Inc comes out with an announcement that they are switching to making their products in the USA - I find this a farce. All hot air.

5. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

I love his daughter chamian of women everywhere has her clothing made in sweat shops you really got to love trump irony.

6. BoneDaddy Suspended

BoneDaddy

I'd rather have a president who promotes "Made in America", and makes his **** in China, then one who promotes "America Apologize and BOW DOWN" and doesn't make **** ANYWHERE.

7. samcraig macrumors P6

I didn't realize you had to choose.

I'd rather our President not be a constant hypocrite.

8. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

you may have been sucking down too much faux snooze there, sir...

9. citizenzen Suspended

Expletives, all caps, inconsistent logic.

That post had it all.

10. BoneDaddy Suspended

BoneDaddy

All politicians are constant hypocrites. Governing and politics leaves very little room for doing what one wants, although I don't believe Trump wants to move his businesses. Most PEOPLE are hypocrites, let alone having politics thrown in the mix.

11. samcraig macrumors P6

And some Politicians exceed more than others. Trump's lies and hypocrisy are unprecedented.

12. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

of course trump does not want to move his business it won't make as much profit. but who does he expect to do it? if he can't make his pathetic products here how does he expect others to do it? He is greedy like most otehrs

13. BoneDaddy Suspended

BoneDaddy

I'd like to see some data to back that up. I'm sure it doesn't exist and any that does, is swayed to the writers partisanship.

I'll note that as an opinion.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 17, 2017 ---
    I'm surprised his shirts are making profit at all. Personally, I would never buy anything with "Trump" on it.

I'm sure he is greedy. They all are. Greedy, power hungry... But there are many companies in America, making a LOT of money.

14. samcraig macrumors P6

Again several articles out there. Some citing #s that he lies 70% or more of the time.

If you need data to back it up - I think you might be turning a blind eye. And yes, you can note that as my opinion.

15. BoneDaddy Suspended

BoneDaddy

I'm not turning a blind eye, maybe you just can't find any and that's your excuse to not post it. The rules of the forum state that you must be ready to provide sources and when asked to do so, you can tell someone to go look themselves. I asked for sources, you don't want to provide any... Cause aside from some angry tweets, they don't exist.

16. samcraig macrumors P6

Sorry I can't find sources that show that Trump lies and an enormous amount. Surely you jest.

17. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Please. The Daily Wire back in 2016 ran a piece of 101 lies trump had told just in a thirty-day period way back in his campaign. You think he managed to break that habit by time he got elected?

And here's the National Review on Trump's penchant for lying, so it's not just "liberal press" counting.

But it's true the NYT has rounded up lies Trump's told since he was inaugurated. Lots and lots of lies.

18. BoneDaddy Suspended

BoneDaddy

I know you can't, because nobody has done an unbiased study on which president has lied the most, of which one has been most hypocritical. Yet you still post that Trump's hypocrisy is unprecedented. But hey, YOUR opinion, is YOUR OPINION.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 17, 2017 ---
    I don't care about partisan nonsense, so that's irrelevant.

STILL, none of those articles show any study or stats on Trump being "unprecedented".

"Show me a study"

"OHHH here's a bunch of articles on Trump"

Hahaha damn... The level of desperation to HINT at ANYTHING to rub Trump's face in the mud... THAT's what's unprecedented.

19. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

It may require unprecedented measures to deal with an unpresidential president, since the political party that brought him to the dance has seemed to forget their obligation to look after him properly. You'd think they'd get up there and officially and publicly cure him of telling lies, but, so far they don't bother. Once in awhile one of the leaders will disavow some statement Trump has made, sometimes just because it was extremely offensive, other times just to correct any impression that the leadership actually agreed with Trump on that point.

I've lived through US adminstrations going back to FDR and I do not think the Fourth Estate previously found itself feeling obliged to keep stats on the president's publicly uttered untruths. I can recall some effort to summarize lies or obfuscations during Nixon's near brush with impeachment... that's about it. So I'd say what's going on here is almost unprecedented, how's that?

20. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Eyes.
    Ears.
    Common sense.
    Your brain.

And most ironic.

21. samcraig macrumors P6

Thanks for the lecture. You sound angry. You might not be - but that's how your posts read.

22. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

Trump lies so much people don't know when to take him serious anymore. A month ago no one knew what the hell a nothing burger was, now it's thrown all over the place thanks to the conservative spin.

23. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Wonder Woman is good at deflecting too.

[​IMG]

24. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Plus he skipped a great rant abot Trump's yuge lies in the National Review -- "partisan" on the other side lol it's trump who's lost in the middle, the no man's land between left and right lie counters.

25. oneMadRssn, Jul 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017

oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

Here's some data:

Percent of statements rated "mostly false," "false," or "pants on fire" by politician:

Mitch McConnell: 43%
    Paul Ryan: 42%
    Nancy Pelosi: 45%
    Chuck Schumer: 35%

Bill Clinton: 22%
    Jeb Bush: 32%
    Bernie Sanders: 28%
    Barack Obama: 26%
    Hillary Clinton: 26%

Donald Trump: 69%

Notice a pattern?

Also, before you claim this has a partisan lean, explain why the percentages for all other politicians of both parties are approximately the same. There is only one outlier here, and it has nothing to do with party.