Trump: Making daylight saving time permanent is 'OK with me

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
http://www.foxla.com/news/trump-making-daylight-saving-time-permanent-is-ok-with-me-?fbclid=IwAR2kGf0APP2K9hURP_Dsw_QtVTZA6ZUsQ9cFhkG5A7ci0R-jEfDxRCsx0_Q
WASHINGTON - (AP) -- President Donald Trump thinks it's a good idea if daylight saving time becomes permanent.

A federal law specifies that daylight time applies from 2 a.m. on the second Sunday of March until 2 a.m. on the first Sunday of November in areas that do not specifically exempt themselves. More than two dozen states are considering measures to avoid the twice-yearly clock change
HATE the stupid time change.

vertical smile

macrumors 68040
Sep 23, 2014
Yup, maybe it permanent, either standard time or DST, but the switch is really disruptive and unnecessary.

I think DST one of those things that people have been doing so long, that even though most people hate it, they just accept it because it is how things worked for decades.

appleisking

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2013
absolutely, stop ****in with peoples schedules already. If DJT gets it, it must really be obvious

Solver

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2004
USA
There is likely enough of a majority in America to create an amendment to the Constitution that basically says, “Congress shall not mess with time.”

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
Gourd City
There is likely enough of a majority in America to create an amendment to the Constitution that basically says, “Congress shall not mess with time.”
That's really gonna mess things up when the next leap second comes around.

By the way, individual States can choose to observe DST or not. Arizona is a prominent non-observer. The only thing Congress does is choose when DST goes into and out of effect. The main reason for that is the decision is typically left to a national body, by the international agreement regarding time (whose name and/or ISO number I can no longer recall, and am reluctant to spend time on searching for).

millerj123

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2008
Arizona would like to welcome you to the Dark Side.

Well, not really the Dark Side, more like the Dark At A Sensible Hour Side.
Yeah, this one I don't get. Usually when Amurka goes stupid, we go stupid harder (anti-vaxxers in Phx, I'm looking at you) but we don't do DST.

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
Gourd City

JagdTiger

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2017
Yeah, keep the natural clock.
[doublepost=1552353221][/doublepost]
Yeah, this one I don't get. Usually when Amurka goes stupid, we go stupid harder (anti-vaxxers in Phx, I'm looking at you) but we don't do DST.
Lol...Facebook announces medical FASCISM rule: All content that contradicts the corrupt vaccine industry will be BANNED
Monday, March 11, 2019 by: Ethan Huff

https://www.naturalnews.com/2019-03-11-facebook-announces-medical-fascism-corrupt-vaccine-industry.html

On a side note: not everyone against vacccines are against all vacccines.
[doublepost=1552353405][/doublepost]
Perhaps corporations bought out time?

vrDrew

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2010
Midlife, Midwest
The problem with Daylight Savings Time is this: It really means that local solar noon (the moment when the sun is at its highest point in the sky) is at least one hour later than the time showing 12:00 on your clocks. In most cases it will be further off still.

Regular time, at least as it is expressed in our system of time zones (Central, Eastern, Mountain, etc.) is a fairly decent approximation of actual solar time. But with Daylight Saving Time (British Summer Time) even at the Royal Observatory at Greenwich, UK, the sun is at its highest point at 1.00 pm in the afternoon. You don't need to be an astronomical genius to know that isn't right.

We need to ditch DST. It has not insignificant costs, and its benefits are few and fleeting at best.

Herdfan

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2011
What is weird about it is when I was younger, I hated to Spring Forward. Messed me up for days.

But now I am older, I barely notice the Spring change, but Falling Back took me weeks to get over. I would be happy to never change my clocks again. So if the government can't figure out how to stop the madness, Arizona will have a new resident in a few years.

Reactions: Solver

FrenchRoasted

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2016
Just leave Standard Time alone. If you want more light in the summer, convince your employer to move to "summer hours" where you work 7-4 instead of 8-5. But this would require voluntary cooperation in society which is very much out of vogue these days. Most people can't conceive of a world where you don't have the government telling everyone how to live.

Reactions: Solver

JagdTiger

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2017
Just leave Standard Time alone. If you want more light in the summer, convince your employer to move to "summer hours" where you work 7-4 instead of 8-5. But this would require voluntary cooperation in society which is very much out of vogue these days. Most people can't conceive of a world where you don't have the government telling everyone how to live.
Time never changes it’s always (as far as science knows) constant.

Rhonindk

macrumors 68040
Oct 3, 2014
watching the birth of the Dem WTH Party
Isn’t it built into the libraries?
Yes and no. Many of the custom functions and reports need to utilize server time and local time - especially for validated, regulatory and audits. The system(s) are global as are the sites. (ERP)
[doublepost=1552407590][/doublepost]
Time never changes it’s always (as far as science knows) constant.
Not exactly :D
That however is not a discussion for this thread ;)

Reactions: Eraserhead