Trump: 'My voters don't care' about lack of policy specifics

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Jun 10, 2016.

1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I think he's calling his supporters stupid. Also, feelings!

http://time.com/trump-clinton-mismatch/

2. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

He's gunna have to get specific eventually. This is the POTUS after all.

3. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

He brings out a much larger point, actually.

4. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

The businessman has talked, he knows his market.

5. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

(and I honestly can't believe that people who've contributed to this thread haven't thought of it already.)

--- Post Merged, Jun 10, 2016 ---
    All Americans are the "market" under "the CEO of America" (aka The President). Isn't that how it's supposed to be?

6. Ironduke Suspended

Ironduke

BigD will fuel america with his Hot Air

7. edk99 macrumors 6502a

Hope and Change went a long way with out specifics.

8. FieldingMellish Suspended

Let’s recall what it was like when Obama ran on little but Hope and Change.

Interesting snippets from and article penned in 2008, called, “Obama Repeats a Campaign Staple: Time for Change.”

These, in retrospect, will give you a sense of how Obama fared.

“The closing Obama speech is cautious, calibrated to cement the inroads he has made with voters whose comfort level with him has grown. Even as he sums up the case for his candidacy, Mr. Obama is seeking to defuse any remaining uncertainty about electing a largely untested first-term senator and dispel his critics’ depiction of him as an inexperienced, unproven leader who would raise taxes, redistribute wealth and go soft on terrorists.”

“In six days, we can choose hope over fear, unity over division, the promise of change over the power of the status quo,” Mr. Obama said, speaking over loud applause here in a campaign address that doubled as a political infomercial that was broadcast in prime time. “In six days, we can come together as one nation, and one people, and once more choose our better history.”

He added: “John McCain wants to give more to billionaires, more to corporations that ship jobs overseas, more to the same people whose greed and irresponsibility got us into this crisis in the first place. We’re here because we know they shouldn’t get away with it any more.”

“I know that my opponent is worried about losing an election, but I’m worried about Americans who are losing their homes, and losing their jobs, and losing their life savings,” Mr. Obama said. “I’m worried about the middle class. And I won’t just fight for your vote in the final days of the election, I will fight for you every single day that I’m in the White House.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/30/us/politics/30obama.html?_r=0

9. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Or even before then. Things happened even before 2008 was invented.

Besides, politicians telling too much during an election isn't always going to help their competitors vying for the position. Like how companies don't show their schematics for everyone else to bring their little piggies to market before they do.
    You should sign up to become a newscaster on TYT. You speak like they do when it comes to quoting him, and they used to be Republicans as well. Well, Cenk used to be...

10. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Obama's not running bro.

And did you see his approval rating lately?

It's really telling when you have zero defense of your crap candidate and have to resort to changing the subject to previous elections to distract from that.

11. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Utter nonsense.

Let us point out that, once again, you are deflecting. You are not addressing the issue at hand (i.e. Donald Trump's skimpy and non-existent coherent policy proposals). And to make matters worse, you are making an assertion that is factually ridiculous.

The fact of the matter is that Barack Obama ran in 2008 on a platform that included, among other issues, reform of America's healthcare system; repeal of the the most egregious of the Bush era tax cuts; serious attempts to reduce CO2 emissions; rebuilding strained relationships with America's allies; reform of the US financial system; and strong government action to recover from the economic recession that began in that year. These proposals were part of a written platform; and at the time they were analyzed and discussed by a variety of legal, economic, legislative, and social experts in terms of their effects, and their legal and political viability. And with a few exceptions, Obama came through on the vast majority of those proposals. He's had some failures, to be sure. But that is more the effect of Republican obstructionism than lack of effort on Obama's part.

People knew what they were getting when they voted for Barack Obama. His platform was ambitious, but it certainly was not unrealistic, nor -as in the case of most of Trump's proposals - either economically; morally; or legally abhorrent.

Stop deflecting. If you wish to contribute to a thread, please do the rest of us the courtesy by addressing the issue at hand. Instead of making the rest of us waste time correcting your irrelevant falsehoods.

12. FieldingMellish Suspended

What you call a deflection another calls an apt comparison. Why? Because those clamoring for detail now were apparently satisfied with Obama's detail-free run for the Presidency. In a word: Hypocritical.

13. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

You really don't want me to post the story of my wife again, do you? ;)

BL.

14. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Hillary is going to embarrass him on the debates. There is only so many times Trump can dish out Benghazi or emails without having detail talking points of his own promises.

15. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

70% isn't vast majority, but it isn't a failure either.

16. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

It's only "detail free" for you because you have the blinders on and refuse to look at facts and evidence.
    Hillary is going to expose him and he'll come off looking like an uninformed child. You can only call people names for so long. She'll just call him out on it and double down by forcing him to talk about actual policy. And he'll fail that part miserably.

Name calling might have worked for him at the kids table (err... Republican "debates"), but he's in the big leagues now.

17. SusanK macrumors 68000

They have to be. He knows his people :)

18. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

And this leads back to my point earlier about how hilariously sad any real debate will be with him, because when she chews him up like lumber in a mill, his ego won't let him take it, because he'd finally have to admit that he's starting to be bested by a woman.

If dealing with Megyn Kelly was bad, he hasn't seen anything yet, and he sure as hell can't hide behind a surrogate.

BL.

19. mildocjr macrumors 65816

Seems anymore we are just voting against the person we don't want most.

20. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

That's what happens when you have the two worst candidates ever.

21. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

22. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

or this one that he used a pic of a family that does not support him
    [​IMG]

23. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

But it wasn't detail-free, that's the point. If you go onto Trump's website, there is some policy stuff there, but it reads more like a sketchy outline than concrete plans, and there isn't cost analysis associated with a lot of things. Why? Because either they have not done the math themselves, or don't want others checking their math and finding out it was wrong. So if you leave things vauge and noncommittal, you can waffle on them later. For instance, he has proposed rounding up all the illegals and transporting them back to their countries of origin, yet you cannot find a cost analysis of that. Because it would increase the deficit, that's why.

So things are kept vauge. Because the one thing Trump appears to hate more than anything, is being proven wrong and having apologizes demanded of him. Trump doesn't do apologies.

24. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Crooked Hillary will stop debating once trump calls her crooked Hillary. She asked Bernie to tone it down , give me a break

25. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

hell she just eat it up and she will eat a ompalompa up. name calling works in trumps world it will not work in a presidential debate. she has already ripped chunks out of him. she will grab him by the balls and ring what little juice out thats left. he will walk funny for weeks.