Trump nails it: 'Bernie is now officially part of the rigged system'

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by DUCKofD3ATH, Jul 12, 2016.

1. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Bernie The Sellout:

Trump unloads on Sanders for 'selling out,' says it's like Occupy Wall Street endorsing Goldman Sachs

• Trump attacked on Sanders with a torrent of tweets following his endorsement of former rival Hillary Clinton
    • Said Bernie 'abandoned' his supporters by endorsing 'pro-TPP' trade deal Clinton
    • Told anti-trade Bernie backers he embraced them with 'open arms'
    • 'Bernie Sanders endorsing Crooked Hillary Clinton is like Occupy Wall Street endorsing Goldman Sachs'
    • Sanders said he intends to do 'everything I can' to make Hillary the next president
    • Trump praised Bernie during his bitter primary with Hillary Clinton for 'telling the truth' and hailed him for drawing large crowds
    Shoulda stood by your principles, Bern. Now it's just your supporters who feel the burn.

2. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Said the man that voluntarily paid into the system.

3. DUCKofD3ATH thread starter Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Uh...ok?

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Bernie sees what much of America sees. ****>Hillary>Trump

By the way, is this the same Donald Trump who has donated more money to the Clinton Foundation than his own?

5. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Bernie lost cause his supporters drunk too much Hillary haterade. Trump will possibility lose for the same reason.

6. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Why the hell are Trump's poll numbers heading north? Is America willing to risk change with Trump instead the same old status quo with Hillary?

7. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Trump has said that he don't need the #nevertrumpers

8. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

No, I speaking on Trump supporters. Trump is encouraging them to be so anti Hillary, that it will hurt Trump the same way Bernie supporters hurt Bernie.

9. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Ah gotcha. Well I consider myself a Conservative, if anything Trump protesters make me want to vote for him more than Trump and his actual supporters.

10. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Yeah, and I'm waiting for the creative ad that says so.

They must have one in the can. Timing is everything.

11. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Swing voters will be at an all time high this election. And swing voters hate negative campaigns.

12. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

In what alternate universe is this happening?

13. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

14. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

15. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

ni moi, i let five thirty eight do it and check in there once in awhile, just happened to see the reuters one so cited it. i think it's on the high side... don't know why. don't care. liked it though!

16. XrayTed macrumors regular

XrayTed

His supporters are really feeling the Bern now, but what else to do ?

They have to attack each other during primaries, once thats over party politics comes back in play and we see former bitter enemies on both sides crawling back in bed together.
    He is not going to get any nomination, he would obviously rather see Shillary in office than Trump, so hypocritical/cynical as it is, besides putting a noose around his neck supporting her is the only thing to do.

17. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Like something found in this article?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-02-25/why-hillary-clinton-cannot-beat-donald-trump

(The context of which is interesting and if we do live in a society where politicians can be bought, his doing so isn't indicative of being corrupt by default...)
    --- Post Merged, Jul 13, 2016 ---
    I imagine both candidates have a lot "in the can", are making more, and are waiting for the right time(s).

The debates will be very interesting to watch this year.

18. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Lol this is also the guy who says RBG should resign because she doesn't like him. Trump is a fragile, weak excuse for a man. At this point does anyone care about his opinions on anything? Not like he's getting anywhere near the White House.

19. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Odd how he has no problem with Scalia golfing with Cheney or attending political functions or Thomas who rules on the ACA while his wife fights it. I'd call him a hypocrite but we all know he's too uninformed to know this stuff.

20. Benjamin Frost Suspended

Benjamin Frost

Agreed.

Might I suggest Wicked Hillary rather than Crooked? I think it has more of a ring to it. :)

21. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

In bashing Donald Trump, some say Ruth Bader Ginsburg just crossed a very important line

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-ginsburg-just-crossed-a-very-important-line/

Ginsburg is known for pushing the bounds of a justice's public comments and has earned something of a cult following on the left. But some say she just went too far.

"I find it baffling actually that she says these things," said Arthur Hellman, a law professor at the University of Pittsburgh. "She must know that she shouldn’t be. However tempted she might be, she shouldn’t be doing it."

Similarly, Howard Wolfson, a former top aide to Hillary Clinton and former New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg, said Ginsburg shouldn't have said it.

22. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Not sure I understand what the concern is.

She was friends with Scalia. She could have theoretically up to 4 more similar friends. I've nothing against people having different political backgrounds and maintaining friendships. Neither did she. So why is it a potential issue only now?

And what's her take on Obama's uber-liberal pick of Garland, whom I admittedly and had admitted in the past think is alright all in all? If Ginsberg thinks he's okay and he's a lot more right wing than left, then why is she so concerned?

23. Benjamin Frost Suspended

Benjamin Frost

Absolutely correct.

Ginsburg must be removed from the Supreme Court. Her prejudice represents everything that is wrong with the elites today. It is why we voted Brexit. She represents the result of elite tyranny and the spitting on the people of America.

If you care about democracy, United States of America, you must elect Trump to President.

24. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Bader Ginsburg has essentially put her reputation on the line because she so strongly believes Trump is a dangerous pick for the country to consider making. Yes, her remarks are over the top for a sitting justice. She's frustrated by the GOP's refusal to consider Garland's nomination so the court could be back to full staff. The 4-4 split makes for more headaches as the Court tries to meet its constitutional obligations (and wonders why Congress ducks out on its own).

She may have wanted to retire --doubtless, I'd say!-- for awhile, but of course she has hoped to do that in a situation where a Dem could be assured of having a decent chance to get a liberal justice confirmed. Clearly that had not worked out under Obama but in the next Congress looks like a better chance now (no little thanks to how Trump has put some Senate seats at risk).