Trump NYT Interview Excerpts

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Jul 20, 2017.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

Lots of words. Not always coherent. But this guy needs to testify. His comments about Comey? And the other ones already in various threads.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/19/us/politics/trump-interview-transcript.html?_r=0

Also - while I get that some will find it "cute." - When his granddaughter comes in, he asks her to say "I Love You Grandpa" in Chinese. Yes - I am sure the child loves her Grandpa. And yes, it's a simple sentence that the kid obviously learned. And this IS my bias - but Trump asking for that sentence as opposed to any other just illustrates how he needs to hear that people love him.

2. darksithpro macrumors 6502

Congrats, you found one of his weaknesses.

3. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Hardly found. Well documented ;)

I also want to know where I can insure a young adult for $12 a year!

4. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

Yet he was still surprised that health care could be so complicated. :confused:

5. HEK macrumors 68040

HEK

I'll take your money.

Also, this week only, have a bridge for sale. Let it go cheap. Connects upper and lower peninsulas of Michigan. Good money maker, can charge tolls. Limited offer only one available.

6. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

I also love the deflection on the failure to pass a repeal of the ACA. He promised his supported it would happen immediately. It's 6 months later and now he's trying to deflect that it took Obama 14 months (which he didn't even know).

People are holding him accountable because when you state something over and over and over - they remember. And it wasn't some "soft" comment. He ran his campaign on it.

It's called accountability Donald. Maybe you didn't have it running your own company - but you have it as President.

7. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Using children and grandchildren to focus an argument is shameful to those of that can actually feel shame.

8. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

TDS is real...

9. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

I used Donny's request. But nice try. I feel zero shame.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 20, 2017 ---
    Yes... When were you diagnosed?

10. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Pretty sure that was my point.

11. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Pretty sure I have no reason to feel shame. Had I actually used the child - IE made fun of the child, criticized the child or anything like what some have done with Barron - I would agree with you. However - my comment was about Donny and his request. But I guess that fact was lost on you. It's ok. Perhaps it's too nuanced.

12. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

your desperation shows............

13. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Not desperate at all. Don't have to be when Trump keeps opening up his mouth and inserting his foot. Low hanging fruit.

14. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

you don't feel shame so it does not surprise me you don't feel just how desperate your post are :p

15. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

LOL. I love any talk of shame coming from you. This post genuinely made me laugh.

16. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68040

Mac'nCheese

Just wait a decade or so when he starts talking about how he wants to date her and how they both love sex.