Trump on Obstruction and Syria

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Apr 11, 2018.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

Not even 7:30 on the East Coast and Trump basically admits to Obstruction and that he's ready to start a war...via twitter. Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 7.11.47 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 7.11.55 AM.png

2. ViperDesign, Apr 11, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2018

ViperDesign macrumors 6502a

ViperDesign

God he's a moron. Does he think this whole war thing is a game?

Idiot in chief also mentioned that the white house was very calm and collected. Anything he says really just means the opposite.

3. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

Good for this President. He’s listening to our generals and will be following through.

4. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Hypocritical, for he was the same guy who blasted Obama for the very same thing he is doing himself.

So, you agree that Trump is a hypocrite? or, as the Reds here like to call Obama, war-monger?

BL.

5. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

What year did the JV isis start?

6. raqball macrumors 68000

I agree Trump ate his words re: the previous tweets but if we are being fair those were different times. One was an uninformed opinion and the other might be based on intel and information that only a president has access to.

Does he owe Obama and apology for those previous tweets? Sure...

7. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

It’s funny how when someone gets a new job in life, they often get a different prospective about the reality of what the job actually consists of. I feel being POTUS over rides all. But as far as Trump apologizing to Obama? Nah. But that of course is my opinion.

Side note. President Trump needs to shut up about any action of war though. That is dangerous and not safe or fair for our troops. That I will call out Trump to keep **** like that off Twitter.

8. raqball, Apr 11, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2018

raqball macrumors 68000

Agree.. I'd certainly hope a president would change an incorrect view of something when presented facts. I guess the dems would be happy if he was not following intel and expert advise that none of us have access to?

I won't slam him for changing his thoughts on a matter now that he has access to far more information than any normal person ever will. If anything it shows he is flexible and willing to change his mind when presented with facts.

I do think he needs to apologize to Obama because he did slam Obama pretty hard on Syria.
    Agree.. This is one area when I am definitely at odds with Trump. Someone really needs to take his Twitter away!
    • Not wise to threaten the Russians in a tweet
    • Not wise to warn Syria something is coming and how it's coming in a tweet

9. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Last year. Or did you forget about him ordering our missiles to be shot into Syria?

https://www.cnn.com/2017/04/06/politics/donald-trump-syria-military/index.html

Then again today with his tweets threatening more action.

All of this will voicing disapproval for Obama doing the same thing.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/do...ikes-after-years-tweeting-disapproval-n743756

So, hypocrite, or war-monger? Which one is it?

BL.

10. ViperDesign macrumors 6502a

ViperDesign

11. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

Maybe traitor is more applicable. He told the Russians to get ready for missiles. Repeat that and let it sink in.

12. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Should have sent Putin a red reset button I've heard that works well.

The France/UK/US coalition is targeting Syria, they don't actually want to kill any Russians unless they are idiots.

13. rafark macrumors 6502a

rafark

He needs a grammar filter.

PS: he seems to be the one actually enjoying the game of big toys...

14. appleisking macrumors 6502a

Why is Trump announcing to our enemies our military plans? Didn't he criticize previous administrations for precisely this behavior? Wasn't he saying that he would be unpredictable and keep these kinds of plans a secret so as not to tip off the enemy? I won't even touch the hypocrisy on Syria....

15. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

I feel bad for all the people that will die in whatever war Bone Spurs starts this week to distract from his felonies.

16. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

Wednesday morning:

Trump: "Missiles are coming to Syria soon! Very soon! Watch your back Putin, and you too Animal Assad!"

Wednesday evening:

Putin (via phone): "Donald, remember that favor I did for you during Election? I can expose everything to Mueller now. Is this what you wish, Donald?"

Thursday morning:

Trump: "An attack may still come to Syria, or maybe not anytime soon. Or maybe not at all. We'll see what happens. Hey, can I get a big THANK YOU for getting rid of ISIS?"

17. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

Can we all (even Trump supporters) acknowledge that the US's position vis-a-vis determining the appropriate response to Syria and Russia is incredibly more complicated than it should be because our president chose to threaten those countries on Twitter while watching Fox & Friends earlier in the week?

18. darksithpro macrumors 6502a

Dammit, why the HELL is Trump trying to get us more into this Syria mess? The best thing to do would be to pull out. Russia is not going to leave, which means Assad will remain in power. Why is Trump following the path Obama had? Grrrr! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

19. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

Giving advance warning to the Russians ahead of a retaliatory bombardment is not uncommon. It’s to minimize risk to Russian personnel.

Let that sink in.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 13, 2018 ---
    See above.

20. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

From Trump:
    Trump doesn’t have to alert Russia via Twitter. There’s that thing called the diplomatic channels. Maybe you’ve heard of it?

21. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Yeah.. while completely and totally undermining your own Ambassador to the UN who was working on a diplomatic end to this conflict with Russia. Now he's shot Haley in the foot and completely destroyed the work that her, the ambassadors of GB and France, and Russia were doing.

What happened to trying to stay unpredictable, which is what he campaigned and went on record saying that he would do, instead of telegraphing his next move to the world? He's done the exact opposite of what he has said, which is one of the dumbest things he has done (and that is putting it lightly, because he has done and is doing much MUCH worse).

BL.

22. Gutwrench, Apr 13, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2018

Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

Huh? You’re off on a tangent. Giving advance warning in cases like this is not unusual. It’s done through channels. Trump’s comment is not an act of treason. That’s absurd.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 13, 2018 ---
    Lol, yes. Trump was giving them the official notice. So did it sink in, or is his tweet still treason? Good grief. How rich is this? Lol

23. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

I'm off on a tangent? Sorry, but no die. The same sentiment was reflected and talked about on The World. Transcripts of today's are forthcoming, but you can listen to the entire show right now, as they are currently talking about this.

And Twitter is not a "proper channel" for anything diplomatic. It was even mentioned by Russia that they don't even monitor, let alone read Trump's tweets. Makes you wonder if someone decides to call Trump's bluff as to what he will do. I mean, we saw how Comey called him out about "tapes". Trump has still yet to follow through on that.

BL.

24. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

Yes - a tangent. Duff absurdly said Trump was being a traitor. So are you saying Trump’s tweet was an act of treason? Really?

25. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Who said anything about Duff? I'm talking about how Trump and his tweet undermining Nikki Haley's attempts to resolve this diplomatically at the UN. Trump lambasting about threatening missiles completely destroys the work she was doing there. Or is it that you're being a bit too narrow-sighted about what is treasonous as far as Syria goes?

BL.