Trump on vacation! Taxpayer bill: $3,000,000

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jpietrzak8, Feb 5, 2017.

1. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

I guess I kinda thought that the Billionaire President was going to be unlike other Presidents, and actually pay his own way for things like vacations! But no, I suppose he can't do that. So, instead, as he is having the time of his life at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida this weekend, we still have to foot the bill for him.

The estimated cost for this vacation is $3,000,000; which is, apparently, pretty standard for Presidential vacations of this sort, Politico says:

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/trump-mar-lago-taxpayers-234562

With Trump holding this vacation only two weeks into his term, I've gotta wonder just how many vacations he intends to have...

2. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Presidential vacations cost a lot of money. They always have and always will.

I would look at questions of overall time spent on vacation or comparative costs over one's term in office.

But I can't get worked up over a single example.

3. nrvna76 macrumors 6502a

Yup, no defense here. He gave Obama a hard time about it, he deserves the same.

4. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

but he is also making a profit on it. we are going to see a lot of vacations for trump.

5. noisycats macrumors 6502a

noisycats

I don't have a problem with vacations, but I ****ing detest this self-licking ice cream cone that his vacations will flow tax payer dollars directly into his portfolio and the business empire of 'his sons.'

This is just plain wrong.

6. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Even with Obama Californians hated when he visited because it would tie up our emergency response and roads would be closed causing major traffic jams. Thankfully, Trump doesn't have major investments in California and no studio will be inviting him for a talkshow interview.

7. citizenzen macrumors 65816

California's a big place. I've lived here for 56 years and never once was impacted by a presidential traffic jam and never "hated" when Obama visited (if I was even aware he did).

I'm not saying that people were never impacted or that no person hated his visits. But your statements that "Californians" felt this way is simply too broad and needs to be reined in a more reasonable way.

8. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

If trump works and does what he promised your heads spin, if trump vacations your heads spin

Love trump :D

9. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Where do you live?

10. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Agree.

I don't have a problem with vacations, per se.

However, this practice would be a concern and is an inappropriate use of public money.

11. Zenithal macrumors 68040

A vacation after two weeks is a bit silly. Was 2 weeks too much work for him? He had plenty of time to relax after the election in between security briefings. He certainly had time to move this pudgy fingers on his phone.

12. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

hewed he did say he would lie right and make fun of others? he is doing a great job that. he tweet rankings are great. one of them was a fake news stories about another country banning muslims.

13. citizenzen macrumors 65816

One-and-a-half hours south of Oregon. And that helps to explain why I haven't been impacted by any motorcades. But again, that just helps to illustrate why a phrase like, "Californians hate" is overly broad.

I didn't hate his visits at all. And I'm a Californian. They didn't negatively impact my life one bit.

14. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Weren't you getting your thong in a bunch over Obama's vacations?

15. Zenithal macrumors 68040

His visits negatively impacted us down here. Of course you wouldn't be upset with his visits. I liked the guy as a president. He was refreshing and intelligent compared to the putz in office. But his visits meant streets and roads were shut down for hours. Traffic in the streets would move at a snail's pace. Plus the county and city emergency services would be tied up with the visit. I spent four hours in traffic the first time.

P.S. Are you near or have you visited the Tillamook farm?
    --- Post Merged, Feb 5, 2017 ---
    He was. But one thing I've noticed about JK is he never takes sides with anyone for more than a few days if not hours. I suspect he likes playing both sides just to see what people say.

16. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

How you you think NYC feels right now with Melania staying home?
    I think that's true! :D

17. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Angry, but I never liked NYC when I had to stay there on layover so it's somewhat funny to me. This whole Barron must finish his school year before moving business is as amusing as a dripping colostomy bag.

18. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Just another reason it sucks to be in SoCal.

But as for trump and vacations ... here's what he said in June 2015 ...
    [​IMG]

19. Zenithal macrumors 68040

I wonder if ibook will drop in with more of his personal research again. God that was a disturbing thread.
    Sounds like jealousy.

Safe to say at this point that he'll say one thing but do another. It's either him lying through his teeth or memory problems.

20. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Yeah. I actually hate all the trees, the natural beauty, the lack of traffic, smog, and crowds.

:rolleyes:

21. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

By all means source it.

22. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

It's your thong, you look for it.

23. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Not wearing one today :D
    Try post 168
    https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...te-their-wedding.1833277/page-7#post-20541180
    Again. Source it.

And I'm. Neither a republican nor a democrat. Spade is a spade to me

24. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

He's our oldest president ever, and it's a stressful job. I expect that he will need lots of vacations to keep the job from overwhelming him.
    At least you are being honest with yourself now and have dropped claiming that you aren't a trump supporter.

25. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I have always been honest. LOVE some of what he does and he should be in jail for other , already called him a war monger & criminal. Something all of you fail to do for "your" guy & then wonder why we end up with guys like trump