Trump ordered missle attack against Syria!

PracticalMac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Houston, TX
In a somewhat surprise move, Trump authorized missile attack against Syria, reported at the air base the from where the gas attack at civilians originated.
Some 60 Tomahawks launched (a lot!)

ABC news:
The officials say the airstrike, which targeted Shayrat Air Base in Homs Province where a chemical attack was initiated earlier in the week, struck multiple targets with missiles launched between 8:40 and 8:50 p.m. Eastern Standard Time from destroyers USS Porter and USS Ross in the Mediterranean Sea.
A U.S. official said that radar spotted a Syrian military fixed-wing aircraft dropping chemical weapons bombs earlier in the week and that airstrike appeared to intentionally seek out an underground hospital operated by a rebel group.

Press conference by Trump soon.

Yes it can be seen as a retaliation for the gas attack,

it can also be an easy way for Trump to show his willingness to use strong military power, both for Chinese President Xi Jinping, but more directly at North Korea.

Update: additional note first mentioned in this post, from the same ABC source above.:
In March, 400 Marines and Army Rangers were sent to Syria to provide support to U.S.-backed rebels fighting ISIS in the country. That group brought the total number of American forces in Syria to 900, according to U.S. officials.

Last edited:

Zenithal

macrumors G3
Sep 10, 2009
Do as I say, not as I do. I'll leave these here for you all.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/373581528405905408

The President must get Congressional approval before attacking Syria-big mistake if he does not!

4:02 PM - 30 Aug 2013
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/375609403376144384

AGAIN, TO OUR VERY FOOLISH LEADER, DO NOT ATTACK SYRIA - IF YOU DO MANY VERY BAD THINGS WILL HAPPEN & FROM THAT FIGHT THE U.S. GETS NOTHING!

6:20 AM - 5 Sep 2013
These are in reference to a supposed chemical attack using quote unquote sarin gas.

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
....how are we claiming this is where the missiles came from when there hasn't been an investigation into what happened yet?
Investigation might leads to an outcome they don't like. Better bomb Syria now while plenty of chicken hawk democrats support the bombing
[doublepost=1491531650][/doublepost]
I don't believe it was Assads forces that used the chemical weapons. Why is it the entire US government is wanting a war so bad.
They might wish to trim the population this way :eek:

Reactions: sorcery and NT1440

Zenithal

macrumors G3
Sep 10, 2009
Investigations? Who needs those fancy shmancy investigation shmestigations? Am I right, fellas?

-The Trump Administration
[doublepost=1491531702][/doublepost]
(obviously).
Personally, the words "no" and "****" work better. Not accusing you, just our wonderful mop haired leader. I questioned the use of "Sherlock" in there, too, but Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock character was actually quite intelligent. Can't say the same about the blond muppet.

bopajuice

Suspended
Mar 22, 2016
Dark side of the moon
I remember registering for selective service when I was young. For those of you who think being tough, flexing muscle, and reacting to a situation without verificaiton or an investigation is the best way to deal with a situation, just remember another draft could be just around the corner. With this guy at the wheel, no telling how the world will react. We could be headed for another war. A big war that could need you!!!

If you agree with him fine. I too feel we should be tough on terrorism, war crimes, and repression. But we need to be smart.

But just remember when you are in the ditches getting shot at, or being bombed and looking for cover, just remember Trump will most likely be at Mar-A-Lago, bathing in a gold tub and enjoying a cocktail while tweeting about how great he is.

How many billionaires does it take to push a button?

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
I remember registering for selective service when I was young. For those of you who think being tough, flexing muscle, and reacting to a situation without verificaiton or an investigation is the best way to deal with a situation, just remember another draft could be just around the corner. With this guy at the wheel, no telling how the world will react. We could be headed for another war.

If you agree with him fine. I too feel we should be tough on terrorism, war crimes, and repression. But we need to be smart.

But just remember when you are in the ditches getting shot at, or being bombed and looking for cover, just remember Trump will most likely be at Mar-A-Lago, bathing in a gold tub and enjoying a cocktail while tweeting about how great he is.

Obama was golfing so what s your point?

forcesteeler

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2007
I don't believe it was Assads forces that used the chemical weapons. Why is it the entire US government is wanting a war so bad.
The Military Complex and All of The Neo-Cons Need another Big WAR, Since Obama scaled back from Iraq, Profits have kinda hit a all time low,

How else am i going to sell my fighter jets, and weapons?

Reactions: jkcerda

hiddenmarkov

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2014
Japan
Georgie boy all over again. Weapons of mass destruction are there, they won't let us see them right now right now. start some crap up...

Bit later...Well we are here. And the worst we found so far sir is some idiots storing the bleach next to their ammonia in the storage closet. Nothing evil there sir...lots of people who fell asleep/blew off chemistry in high school don't know why this is bad either.

Reactions: Avalontor

yaxomoxay

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
I remember registering for selective service when I was young. For those of you who think being tough, flexing muscle, and reacting to a situation without verificaiton or an investigation is the best way to deal with a situation, just remember another draft could be just around the corner. With this guy at the wheel, no telling how the world will react. We could be headed for another war. A big war that could need you!!!

I don't care where the commander in chief is,I care that he makes good decision. This wasn't.

forcesteeler

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2007
I give it 24 hours before the 45's supporters spin this as an aggressive move the previous administration should have done, despite their protests in the past.
How is going to spin it, Back in 2013 he was talking crap on Obama talking about we should not invade Syria!!.

Now it all makes sense why Steve Bannon was fired!!!

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
I give it 24 hours before the 45's supporters spin this as an aggressive move the previous administration should have done, despite their protests in the past.
If you look at the politics section of reddit, they're already at it.

bopajuice

Suspended
Mar 22, 2016
Dark side of the moon
Obama was golfing so what s your point?
When did Obama bomb Syria? I bet he was playing golf thats why nothing got done over there, right?

On the other hand I bet Obama was in the war room when he took out Bin Laden. There is smart, and then there is Trump. Shoot first and ask questions later. My point is his decisions could instigate all out war. I guess defense contractors use American workers right?

Last edited:
Reactions: QueenTyrone

DrewDaHilp1

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2009
All Your Memes Are Belong to US
The only positive I see is that this sends a message that the new boss isn't the same as the old boss. This is what should have happened when Obama ran his mouth about red lines. This is still politics and diplomacy. I think it was stupid because there was no evidence that Assad was the one that used the chemical weapons.

Macky-Mac

macrumors 68030
May 18, 2004
....how are we claiming this is where the missiles came from when there hasn't been an investigation into what happened yet?
you can believe it or not......but they say they have photos & radar tracking the plane in question as it left the airfield where it was based, tracking it to the site of the bombing and heat sensitive images showing bombs falling from the Syrian plane.........so it's being reported at the moment.

Also reporters are saying there were Russians at this airfield at some point, that Russia was warned where the strike would happen and roughly when it would happen

ugh

Zombie Acorn

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Trump stated this was an attack on the base that launched the gas attacks ie. responsive. Although id rather not be involved in Syria at all, that boat was set assail long before Trump and there is no question that China and NK know that this president isn't going to be the pushover they dealt with last term.

bopajuice

Suspended
Mar 22, 2016
Dark side of the moon
I don't care where the commander in chief is,I care that he makes good decision. This wasn't.
I agree. In this case I have a problem giving up my life for country while billionaires in Washington remain detached from reality, monitoring their twitter accounts in case Arnold says something offensive, or someone criticizes Trump. I do not have confidence in this guy.

On top of that how would you feel if your son, daughter or family member gave up their life just to have it spun in the media for political points?

Zenithal

macrumors G3
Sep 10, 2009
Some Trump supporters have called the chemical attack a hoax. And by supporters I mean people like Trump Jr. And Kellyanne Coneway. Who are backing up Mike Cernovich's BS about it being a hoax.