Trump ordered missle attack against Syria!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by PracticalMac, Apr 6, 2017.

1. PracticalMac, Apr 6, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2017

PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

In a somewhat surprise move, Trump authorized missile attack against Syria, reported at the air base the from where the gas attack at civilians originated.
    Some 60 Tomahawks launched (a lot!)

ABC news:

Press conference by Trump soon.

Yes it can be seen as a retaliation for the gas attack,

it can also be an easy way for Trump to show his willingness to use strong military power, both for Chinese President Xi Jinping, but more directly at North Korea.

Update: additional note first mentioned in this post, from the same ABC source above.:

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

3. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Do as I say, not as I do. I'll leave these here for you all.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/373581528405905408

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/375609403376144384

These are in reference to a supposed chemical attack using quote unquote sarin gas.

4. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

....how are we claiming this is where the missiles came from when there hasn't been an investigation into what happened yet?

5. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

I don't believe it was Assads forces that used the chemical weapons. Why is it the entire US government is wanting a war so bad.

6. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Foolish move, and useless.
    This was the time for ****ing diplomacy!!

7. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Investigation might leads to an outcome they don't like. Better bomb Syria now while plenty of chicken hawk democrats support the bombing
    --- Post Merged, Apr 6, 2017 ---
    They might wish to trim the population this way :eek:

8. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Syria calls it an aggression (obviously). I am so pissed right now...

9. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Investigations? Who needs those fancy shmancy investigation shmestigations? Am I right, fellas?

-The Trump Administration
    --- Post Merged, Apr 6, 2017 ---
    Personally, the words "no" and "****" work better. Not accusing you, just our wonderful mop haired leader. I questioned the use of "Sherlock" in there, too, but Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock character was actually quite intelligent. Can't say the same about the blond muppet.

10. bopajuice macrumors 6502a

bopajuice

I remember registering for selective service when I was young. For those of you who think being tough, flexing muscle, and reacting to a situation without verificaiton or an investigation is the best way to deal with a situation, just remember another draft could be just around the corner. With this guy at the wheel, no telling how the world will react. We could be headed for another war. A big war that could need you!!!

If you agree with him fine. I too feel we should be tough on terrorism, war crimes, and repression. But we need to be smart.

But just remember when you are in the ditches getting shot at, or being bombed and looking for cover, just remember Trump will most likely be at Mar-A-Lago, bathing in a gold tub and enjoying a cocktail while tweeting about how great he is.

How many billionaires does it take to push a button?

11. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Obama was golfing so what s your point?

12. forcesteeler macrumors 6502

The Military Complex and All of The Neo-Cons Need another Big WAR, Since Obama scaled back from Iraq, Profits have kinda hit a all time low,

How else am i going to sell my fighter jets, and weapons?

13. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

this is trump he does not know what the word means

14. hiddenmarkov macrumors 6502a

Georgie boy all over again. Weapons of mass destruction are there, they won't let us see them right now right now. start some crap up...

Bit later...Well we are here. And the worst we found so far sir is some idiots storing the bleach next to their ammonia in the storage closet. Nothing evil there sir...lots of people who fell asleep/blew off chemistry in high school don't know why this is bad either.

15. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

I don't care where the commander in chief is,I care that he makes good decision. This wasn't.

16. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

I give it 24 hours before the 45's supporters spin this as an aggressive move the previous administration should have done, despite their protests in the past.

17. forcesteeler macrumors 6502

How is going to spin it, Back in 2013 he was talking crap on Obama talking about we should not invade Syria!!.

Now it all makes sense why Steve Bannon was fired!!!

18. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

If you look at the politics section of reddit, they're already at it.

19. bopajuice, Apr 6, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2017

bopajuice macrumors 6502a

bopajuice

When did Obama bomb Syria? I bet he was playing golf thats why nothing got done over there, right?

On the other hand I bet Obama was in the war room when he took out Bin Laden. There is smart, and then there is Trump. Shoot first and ask questions later. My point is his decisions could instigate all out war. I guess defense contractors use American workers right?

20. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

The only positive I see is that this sends a message that the new boss isn't the same as the old boss. This is what should have happened when Obama ran his mouth about red lines. This is still politics and diplomacy. I think it was stupid because there was no evidence that Assad was the one that used the chemical weapons.

21. Zwopple macrumors regular

And here the USA goes into another pointless war with a country in the Middle East…

22. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

you can believe it or not......but they say they have photos & radar tracking the plane in question as it left the airfield where it was based, tracking it to the site of the bombing and heat sensitive images showing bombs falling from the Syrian plane.........so it's being reported at the moment.

Also reporters are saying there were Russians at this airfield at some point, that Russia was warned where the strike would happen and roughly when it would happen

ugh

23. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Trump stated this was an attack on the base that launched the gas attacks ie. responsive. Although id rather not be involved in Syria at all, that boat was set assail long before Trump and there is no question that China and NK know that this president isn't going to be the pushover they dealt with last term.

24. bopajuice macrumors 6502a

bopajuice

I agree. In this case I have a problem giving up my life for country while billionaires in Washington remain detached from reality, monitoring their twitter accounts in case Arnold says something offensive, or someone criticizes Trump. I do not have confidence in this guy.

On top of that how would you feel if your son, daughter or family member gave up their life just to have it spun in the media for political points?

25. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Some Trump supporters have called the chemical attack a hoax. And by supporters I mean people like Trump Jr. And Kellyanne Coneway. Who are backing up Mike Cernovich's BS about it being a hoax.