Trump Orders Surrogates to Intensify Criticism of Judge and Journalists

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Robisan, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Robisan macrumors 6502

Trump is determined to have another really bad week...

Trump Orders Surrogates to Intensify Criticism of Judge and Journalists

During a Monday conference call with supporters, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee overruled a directive sent out by his own campaign.

An embattled Donald Trump urgently rallied his most visible supporters to defend his attacks on a federal judge's Mexican ancestry during a conference call on Monday in which he ordered them to question the judge's credibility and impugn reporters as racists.

"We will overcome," Trump said, according to two supporters who were on the call and requested anonymity to share their notes with Bloomberg Politics. "And I’ve always won and I’m going to continue to win. And that’s the way it is."

There was no mention of apologizing or backing away from his widely criticized remarks about U.S. District Judge Gonzalo Curiel, who is overseeing cases against the Trump University real-estate program.

When former Arizona Governor Jan Brewer interrupted the discussion to inform Trump that his own campaign had asked surrogates to stop talking about the lawsuit in an e-mail on Sunday, Trump repeatedly demanded to know who sent the memo, and immediately overruled his staff.

"Take that order and throw it the hell out," Trump said.

~~~

A clearly irritated Trump told his supporters to attack journalists who ask questions about the lawsuit and his comments about the judge.

"The people asking the questions—those are the racists," Trump said. "I would go at 'em."

Suggesting a broader campaign against the media, Trump said the campaign should also actively criticize television reporters. "I'd let them have it," he said, referring to those who Trump portrayed as hypocrites.​

2. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

If any Democrat said things like this, righties would have a freakin stroke.

3. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Don't worry Hillary will be brought up and again trump will be spared the discussion he deserves.
    But even the GOP is worried about trumps racisim and that scary when you think of what the GOP thinks of others.

4. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

They're just pissed their cover is blown. They've been unhooded.

5. caesarp, Jun 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2016

caesarp macrumors 6502a

I realize now Trump can't win. He clearly has no realistic strategy. He's pushing an issue that is not only morally reprehensible, it is legally wrong. Legally, courts have decided time and again that ethnic heritage can't be used as a basis for recusal (seeking to remove a judge from a case).

Ask the lawyers who were sanctioned for questioning federal Judge Chin's Chinese ancestry and claiming bias in a case because of it. Those lawyers were sanctioned (upheld by the 2nd Circuit Court of appeals), because it was so clearly not a valid motion to use ethnic heritage as a basis for claiming bias. And the sanctions included:

required to withdraw as counsel from the case and would not be permitted to appear in Chin’s court on any matter ever again. They were required to show the court's opinion sanctioning them to any other judge in the district in any future case; and the court clerk was ordered to report the sanctions to every court where they held bar membership.

Wow!​

Which is why despite Trump making bleating noises about this, his lawyers have NOT and will NOT file a recusal motion (seeking to remove the judge from the case). If they do, they are dead in the water with ruined careers. So this is all hot air to "make America hate again".

That's your "President" Trump folks. Doesn't know or understand the law and uses it improperly.

So if I'm a reporter, I would say to Trump -- hey instead of whining about this in public, why haven't your lawyers filed a recusal motion yet? Come back and talk to us after that happens.

6. Robisan thread starter macrumors 6502

The entire Village media would be on their fainting couches, clutching their pearls.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 6, 2016 ---
    I want this hat...

[​IMG]

7. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

You just keep telling yourself that. :)

Come November you'll be chanting that phrase repeatedly in a straitjacket in a padded room.

8. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Can America pass the trump turd?
    We need some ex lax for sure.

9. caesarp macrumors 6502a

Not if Trump keeps beating a dead legal horse.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 6, 2016 ---
    Also, aside from whether it will pass or not -- doesn't it concern you that he holds these positions? Not only morally wrong, but clearly legally wrong?

10. Robisan thread starter macrumors 6502

Fortunately, America holds the veto pen.

11. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

So now trumps campaign manager says that female judges may be a problem. So what Donald is so special he can pick a judge he likes?

12. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Perhaps Trump should go for a Black judge.. After all.. we're the Greatest. ;)

BL.

13. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    He said the same thing about Hispanics the other day, and now look where they're at.

14. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

You know.. you're right.

http://www.indianz.com/News/2016/06/06/michael-dantonio-donald-trump-has-always.asp

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/04/opinions/trump-the-divider-opinion-dantonio/

Trump is still a douche... but we're still the Greatest; Ali said so. ;)

BL.

15. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Yeah? Well he's biased. :mad:

On a more on topic note, when you have a goodly chunk of the Republican party screaming racism against one of their (begrudgingly accepted) own, you do have to wonder if maybe, just maybe, that he's possibly crossed that line.

I read through the responses on Kasich's twitter feed regarding the issue, and people are verbally tearing him apart. It seems to be that the party's constituency is now split between the classic GOP, and Trump's GOP.

...hell, Trump almost makes the goddamn Tea Party look sane by comparison.

16. FieldingMellish Suspended

The great Sammy Davis, Jr. :)

17. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Lindsey Graham chimed in when he had a case of the vapors last night...

http://www.mediaite.com/online/lindsey-graham-is-now-urging-other-republicans-to-un-endorse-trump/

18. caesarp macrumors 6502a

Waiting . . ..

19. FieldingMellish Suspended

20. caesarp macrumors 6502a

But Fielding:

Aside from whether it will pass or not -- doesn't it concern you that Trump holds these positions? Not only morally wrong, but clearly legally wrong?

21. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

As I've said before, all Hillary needs to win is the 18 states that always vote blue plus one swing state. It's a cake walk for the Democrats because we outnumber you, also the sitting President has an approval rating of over 50% (the last President was at 20% at this point in his presidency) which is a MAJOR indicator of the next election. The math is very simple, Donald Trump will never be President. The GOP is no longer a threat, they've neutered themselves.

22. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Now you know he's not going to answer that directly.

23. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

I notice no comments on the actual subject matter. What you can't find a lefty reason this is happening?

24. FieldingMellish Suspended

Similar was said about Ronald Reagan.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 7, 2016 ---
    Trump can point out that the judge is Mexican, the way that the left denigrates anything from the "old white guy" founding fathers. So give me a break. What's more, Judge has affiliations with LaRaza (The Race.) So give me a second break.