Trump overload?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by blackfox, Feb 22, 2017.

1. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

2. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

stop making stupid people famous.........

3. blackfox thread starter macrumors 65816

blackfox

If it were up to me...I barely understand the concept of Twitter...

4. Meister Suspended

Meister

There is no such thing as bad press.

You just keep complaining about Donnie :D

5. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Really? Ask Milo if there really isn't such a thing. I think there is.

6. Meister Suspended

Meister

Sure ... ;)

Just keep on discussing Trump, Milo, Bannon, the alt-right, CNN and fake news.

Let's all go down that rabbit hole and see where it leads to :D

7. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

8. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

he went back on the one to jail Hillary :mad:

9. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

LOL I saw that one coming a mile away.

10. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

LOL it leads.... to Unca Mikey.

11. chown33 macrumors 604

Came in expecting a poll.

Realized I'd misread the title as "Trump overlord?".

Never mind.

12. Meister Suspended

Meister

Give the man some time :)
    --- Post Merged, Feb 22, 2017 ---
    https://m.facebook.com/unca.mikey

13. blackfox thread starter macrumors 65816

blackfox

Ha! Paging Dr Freud...

14. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

He said he wasn't going to pursue it, you might be waiting for the next life.

15. Meister Suspended

Meister

[​IMG]
    --- Post Merged, Feb 22, 2017 ---
    So now you're telling me you believe what Trump says?

16. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Well, you're the one endlessly creating subject threads here on fake news, so it sounds like the one who has jumped down the rabbit hole first "big league " is you.

17. v0lume4 macrumors 65816

v0lume4

I read this article earlier today! I really enjoyed it. Well written by the author. He makes a great case.

I recommend a full read for anyone here that hasn't had the chance to read the entire thing yet.

18. Meister Suspended

Meister

You are correct.

But trust me:
    You're all tagging along - whether you like it or not. :D

19. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Yeah, but it's hard work not to bump into the guy everywhere, no? Can't even be safe hitting on the local paper's daily cartoon strips. So I have to say the OP's linked pieced has a point.

I did read a great piece in the NYT yesterday in the science section and was thinking how nice it was not to be reading yet another thing about Trump. To get there though I had to get past the front page... a minefield of Trump stories.

Okay so then I could replace all my news front-page bookmarks with ones pointing to some category like Science. Technology still fetches our dear leader a lot of the time. Politics, World, US... doomed to seeing Trump coverage. Books section of the Arts category might work... and maybe Dance?

But if I do that then I don't even want to calculate what I'm paying per article or review in the books, music, art and science categories for my mainstream media subscriptions now :D

We have to throw a couple one-day general strikes to get media to go cold turkey with us. Then let's see if they can manage to control their obsession with him by doing one or two pieces a day going forward. I'm getting alarmed myself that we're missing a lot of info we need a lot more than to know the guy in the Oval Office said something more or less true or untrue this afternoon...

20. vrDrew macrumors 65816

It's been my experience that sooner or later, most people get tired of dealing with a narcissist.

People who work with or, worse, worked for a narcissist end up quitting their job or moving to a different area of the organization. Narcissists are the worst sorts of leaders. People eventually realize they can't be trusted. They see their colleagues betrayed and discarded. They see the credit for their accomplishments stolen. In a large organization, a mid-level narcissist can do tremendous damage. He'll fool his superiors when times are good. B/S'ing, back-stabbing, and ass-kissing on the golf course and in the boardroom. But when times get tough his department falls apart. He's driven away the competent people, and all he's got left are the weak and the witless.

And, let's be honest, and say Trump is without a doubt the biggest narcissist we've ever put into the White House.

21. chown33 macrumors 604

And I read that as "Dr Fraud".

22. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Think I'm going to save this one as I think this will be the only time I hear these words from you. :D

23. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Nice try, but not that unca mikey... Unca Mikey the counterpart of Uncle Joe Biden... :)

24. samcraig macrumors P6

There is such a thing as bad press. However both good and bad press appeal to Trump because he's a publicity whore and craves attention. If it's good press, he can relish in it. If it's bad press, he has ammo to cry on twitter, in meetings and during briefings.

For him, it's a win-win.

However for those living in the real world - bad press is bad press. There are a million examples. Milo is one. Since this is an Apple forum - perhaps you remember the iPhone 4 antenna fiasco.

25. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Yah. It's phenomenal. Before his campaign, I'd never seen anything like his current inability to keep from turning everything into something about him. In NYC way back when I would see him on TV news once in awhile, it was just sound bites and the press there seemed to knew how to edit to what they were featuring in their show, so a lot of his all-about-me wasn't so apparent.

Once he became a political rockstar,,,, wow. Global media hanging on his every word... It may even have exacerbated his tendency to flip everything to him, since he does really love reviewing what turns up on TV and in print about him. Now he's the Prez so his every word is often aired; he gets right down to it and sometimes doesn't even pretend to answer a question, just straight up tells us how maybe we didn't get it but this is all about Donald.

When I was watching the part of his presser where he was responding to questions about the threats to Jewish community centers, the first reporter who inquired even started out by saying no one in his community thought Trump was anti-Semitic... but that's all the Don heard, the trigger word "anti-Semitic" and he was off to the races, interrupting the guy a few seconds later to remind us that "I am not anti-Semitic" and then, astoundingly, and completely gratis: not racist either.

So we come away with reporters asking what about the threats on the Jewish community centers and his coming back with I am not an anti-Semite and not a racist either and Bibi knows I'm not anti-Semitic too.

Great, and how's your golf game, Don?

In fact in that first exchange with a reporter inquiring about the community center threats, it sounded like Trump was about to start out with "We did very well with the... " [Jewish vote?] but he stopped part way through the utterance. Someone must have told him not to go there anyway since it's not going to help him with either the white supremacists or about half the Jews in the USA. Then later on with the other reporter trying to follow up about the community center attacks, Trump did segue again into how he had done so amazingly well in the election. Will someone please send this guy a gold plastic medal to hang up in the hallway or someplace?

Meanwhile almost a week after the presser they managed to get him to say something about the anti-Semitism of other people. How many White House staffers does it take to get a man's focus off himself for a few minutes, one could wonder. That was not a trivial gaffe last Thursday.

I never want to hear from the right again any taunts about the left being snowflakes and needing participation trophies for god's sake. We got one in the Oval Office now who seems a lot more needy than your average college kid. It's mortifying to realize the whole planet is watching us trying to deal with this guy's impaired way of relating to the world at large.