Trump Overtly Calls for Worldwide State Media

BoxerGT2.5

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2008
He's an idiot, but one thing is for certain and that's most cable news isn't news, it's opinion fodder and a circle jerk amongst those who think alike with the occasional "outsider" to make them look objective and unbiased.

Yes I get the point, he wants to behave like a dictator and drag us into NK style state owned media.

DearthnVader

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2015
Red Springs, NC
here in the U.S they tend to go hand in hand :(
Yet the Corporations still need to compete, when the hammer of State propaganda falls only the Corporations that are in bed with the government will be allowed to sell their products.

We're two steps away from that, at all times.

Rogifan

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2011
Ah the shiny object for the day. I’m sure CNN will spend all night talking about it.

Reactions: hulugu

Peterkro

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2004
Communard de Londres,Tiocfaidh ár lá
not it;s not, we have groups like antifa that seriously represent fascism in the U.S.........
"Fascism should more properly be called corporatism, since it is the merger of state and corporate power."
Mussolini

I know you will find this difficult but could you explain why millions of people who have only one thing in common that is they oppose fascists are for some twisted reason fascists.

DearthnVader

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2015
Red Springs, NC
yes it's getting closer to that sadly :(
The two party system lends some protection from that, corporations compete to fund our politicians.

The real blow that was struck to our Republic is when news rooms had to be run for profit. They rely on ratings, how popular their news and opinions are with the views their advertisers want to reach.

People tune into CNN because they want their world views to be reinforced, other people tune into Fox News because they want the same thing.

The truth shouldn't have an agenda, the age of news with an agenda will die off when people tune out of propaganda.

Reactions: Eraserhead

samcraig

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Ah the shiny object for the day. I’m sure CNN will spend all night talking about it.
You'll excuse me for not finding his comment wildly inappropriate but in line with his desire to be a true dictator above all reproach.

BoxerGT2.5

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2008
You'll excuse me for not finding his comment wildly inappropriate but in line with his desire to be a true dictator above all reproach.
We don't have a government set up to allow one man such power, we never will. He can declare himself King tomorrow it wouldn't change a thing. Everyone would be talking about how he's lost his mind and rightfully so, but the over-reaction to the asinine things he says, which is baked into the cake, is getting a little much. The sad part is the voting majority doesn't understand government, they actually think we can elect one man to fix it all and also one man can tear it all down. They're wrong! It's why we got Obama, and why Trump and Sanders were the most popular candidates among their fields. Getting excited about Jeb and Hillary was a lot like getting excited about missionary sex.

zin

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2010
United Kingdom
Odd that the Democrat signed indefinite detention, massively expanded warrantless surveillance, and surveilled journalists yet Trump is the dictator and nothing is said of those before him.

Reactions: NT1440 and jkcerda

BoxerGT2.5

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2008
Odd that the Democrat signed indefinite detention, massively expanded warrantless surveillance, and surveilled journalists yet Trump is the dictator and nothing is said of those before him.

Blah blah blah....whataboutism.....blah blah blah.....False equivalency. Let's just get those two accusations out of the way.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
USA
We don't have a government set up to allow one man such power, we never will. He can declare himself King tomorrow it wouldn't change a thing. Everyone would be talking about how he's lost his mind and rightfully so, but the over-reaction to the asinine things he says, which is baked into the cake, is getting a little much. The sad part is the voting majority doesn't understand government, they actually think we can elect one man to fix it all and also one man can tear it all down. They're wrong! It's why we got Obama, and why Trump and Sanders were the most popular candidates among their fields. Getting excited about Jeb and Hillary was a lot like getting excited about missionary sex.
Everyone? Not his base. And that's part of the problem. Also - history tells a different story. I'm not getting worked up over this. But the fact he's perpetuating the idea should concern both sides.

Plenty has been said. By you and others. Irrelevant/deflection.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
"Fascism should more properly be called corporatism, since it is the merger of state and corporate power."
Mussolini

I know you will find this difficult but could you explain why millions of people who have only one thing in common that is they oppose fascists are for some twisted reason fascists.
The way the oppose it is with violence. So they are being fascist themselves

BoxerGT2.5

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2008
Everyone? Not his base. And that's part of the problem. Also - history tells a different story. I'm not getting worked up over this. But the fact he's perpetuating the idea should concern both sides.
Everyone's base feels different. If Sanders won his base would still be waiting for him to turn this place into Cuba.

History tells a different in THIS country? The closest we ever came to an all out dictator was FDR.